• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report ATTENTION: Wrightsvillain paypal chargeback scam. BE WARNED (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
660   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Wrightsvillain
On 12/26/20 the user Wrightsvillain purchased 39 kronos from me.
On 01/01/21 the same user purchased an addition 27 kronos from me.
On 01/02/21 the same user filed a chargeback dispute for the first transaction over paypal saying goods were not delivered.

Later the same night I contacted the buyer asking him why he charge backed. He gave me the following sob story and ultimately ended up going to bed without reversing his fraudulent chargeback.
I truly went above and beyond to try and give him a chance to do the right thing. The conversation continued over discord, but these screenshots are enough to summarize the situation. I even offered him my help leveling up a new account because I felt bad for his situation. He then had the gall to ask me for a 100 krono loan. I fear that this was all a clever ruse because he continued to be active on EC tunnel after claiming to be asleep taking care of his daughter with a fever. Please shut this guy down.

BE CAREFUL DO NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BUYER/SELLER

Peter Andersen
[email protected]
17 Brook Ridge RdCape May Court House, NJ 08210 United States

Attachments

• ChatLog3.png
    ChatLog3.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 179
  • ChatLog4.png
    ChatLog4.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 175
  • ChatLog5.png
    ChatLog5.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 141
  • ChatLog6.png
    ChatLog6.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 143
Charge backs can still be done with fnf from my understanding. Your best thing to do is dispute with PayPal as he clearly says he received it and his account was banned. He can't claim to PayPal that product wasn't delivered.

@Redbot remember the message I sent you about this guy being sketchy?

He told me I should trust his 39 feedback and refused to let me log onto the bard account before I paid. I was actually willing to pay for the bard 3 different times throughout the day. He just never gave me his paypal. Then, the bard got deactivated before the sale and he asked me for $ 11 more to active. So, I tell him sure, just let me log on the bard before I pay to make sure it's legit and you didn't already sell it to someone else.

This was too outrageous for him. He thought his 39 feedback trumped mine and repeated his glorious 39 feedback about 5 times.

I backed up because of him refusing to accept that he should trust me more than I should trust him.

Why anyone would think that I am going to steal someones account, is beyond me.

Edit: I don't think he was going to rip me off on the bard exactly. But, it was just a weird attitude to have and enough to turn me off. I am sure the bard was legit, but I guess it shows that he could go off and do something like that. Hopefully this gets resolved...

Good Lord his story doesn't add up. Why is he buying 600 in Kronos when no money to feed his 2 kids. Nothing makes any sense.

@Ctalbus Seems to be a going trend, that the more worried someone is about getting scammed by someone, the more likely they are to scam.

Also, I've always been wary about selling any Kronos in big amounts to someone who sells them here. I understand if you need a few to reactivate accounts. But purchasing 20+ when you're trying to sell them? That's automatically fishy. Looks like he was hoping to buy a bulk amount of Kronos, turn around and sell them as fast as he can, then dispute charges to double his money.

Oh please, i've never charged back from anyone except the guy who I bought from that didnt deliver. My rep speaks for itself. The dude threatened to dox me if I didn;t take down his dispute on paypal for not getting what I paid for.

Attachments

• snoop ip.JPG
    snoop ip.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 123
Ctalbus
Verified
Premium
JoinedApr 5, 2016
Messages65
Rating - 100%
162 0 0
Add Feedback
Dec 10, 2020
I'll pay the $ 311 as long as I can log them on and check the account out before I send the paypal.

WEIRD ATTITUDE BC YOU WANTED MY BARDS INFO BEFORE YOU PAID? that's laughable. And I'm the shady one. Don't worry I can post more DM's if you like and you can dig yourself into a deeper hole.

posting our chat is not going to benefit you, I promise.

our chats show me asking for your paypal twice before you informed me the account was not activated and asked me for $ 311 instead.

If you read my post in this thread, I said you probably weren't going to rip me off on the bard but you were just super weird acting and wasn't worth the hassle once you stuck your foot so hard into the ground flaunting your flawless feedback. The fact you were unwilling to trust someone with so much more feedback than you, showed me all I needed to know.

YES of course I mentioned my feedback, I've never met anyone who gives the account info first and then accepts payment, and it's in my own policy that once you pay you receive. You kept asking me to log onto the bard to check to out, I had posted everything he had on raidloott's feature which is why I referenced my feedback, but you say I'm acting sketchy bc I won't let you log onto the char you want to purchase before you pay for it? That's incredibly shady. It's not my fault you got screwed in the past. The only one acting sketch was you. But go ahead and post the whole DM you'll only embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
This guy PM'd on Friday saying he has having a huge sale on krono, I immediately thought something was sketchy with him.

And Yes Idid have New Years Sale, I mentioned over a week ahead of time. I have sales all the time, what is so shady about giving people a good deal every once in awhile to give people better deals? I've never once done business with you and you're calling me shady? You don't even know me.

Don't worry I can post more DM's if you like and you can dig yourself into a deeper hole.
But go ahead and post the whole DM you'll only embarrass yourself.

Not sure what benefit you had by trying to threaten me with "posting more DMs". Calling your bluff was easy because I know how our conversation went and I am perfectly fine with how I handled myself. Feel free to post the entire thing if you still want to claim it will make me look bad. Otherwise, just keep quiet about threatening to post our DMs and focus on the real issue.

Our interaction is not your problem here.

This whole situation doesn't even have anything to do with you but you're making it your business because you're upset I wouldn't let you see the bard without paying. So why are you even involved?

Good Lord his story doesn't add up. Why is he buying 600 in Kronos when no money to feed his 2 kids. Nothing makes any sense.

And who are you to judge what I need to do to make money during Covid to feed my 2 kids?
My intention was to always make the customer happy, buy some krono to resell and earn krono on my own to sell as a side job to make extra money. Along with other odd jobs I do. What is wrong with that, who are you to judge me?

AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD I RISK MY REPUTATION THAT I WORKED HARD FOR TO THROW IT AWAY FOR THIS BULLSHIT and I'm not going to let internet bullies get to me who don't even know me.

Someone is accusing you of ripping them off...

I was sharing my experience because you are being accused of scamming someone.

That's kind of how this thing goes.

If someone posted a report on me claiming that I stole their account without paying, do you think you might post about our experience?

I bet you would.

And who are you to judge what I need to do to make money during Covid to feed my 2 kids?
My intention was to always make the customer happy, buy some krono to resell and earn krono on my own to sell as a side job to make extra money. Along with other odd jobs I do. What is wrong with that, who are you to judge me?

AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD I RISK MY REPUTATION THAT I WORKED HARD FOR TO THROW IT AWAY FOR THIS BULLSHIT and I'm not going to let internet bullies get to me who don't even know me.

To be far you claim in a post you made to the person who you are trying to charge back saying (I only have 100 left on my paypal I have 2 kids to feed) . Then you spend 600 on Krono and honestly. if the account was banned because you were selling Krono that is on you not the seller.

In this world we live in and the business we do with Everquest we all run a risk. Buyer beware but it is not the sellers fault if these kronos were banned as you claim. You should be careful on how you spend your last "600".

I dodged a bullet with this guy. I've previously sold him krono before, small amounts. He then popped me with a question about a 100 krono sale. His smaller sales felt like an attempt to warm me up to him.
When he flexed his baby feedback, I quickly let him know I would not take the risk on someone of such impotence.

Not to be on his side about this situation, what he did was wrong, but you can definitely get banned for "buying" krono. Its all about the transfer. I never trade more then 7-8 krono at once. If you hand someone say 30 krono in 1 trade or 200 krono in 1 trade, there is a very good chance the person getting the krono will get temporarily "banned" from a fraud trigger or whatever. I think they always undo it if you petition properly, but getting a ban msg does happen.

Last edited:
Not to be on his side about this situation, what he did was wrong, but you can definitely get banned for "buying" krono. Its all about the transfer. I never trade more then 7-8 krono at once. If you hand someone say 30 krono in 1 trade or 200 krono in 1 trade, there is a very good chance the person getting the krono will get temporarily "banned" from a fraud trigger or whatever. I think they always undo it if you petition properly, but getting a ban msg does happen.
I don't think there is a very good chance as I deal in 20-30kr per shot each and have never raised a flag. I know of other members here who I deal with in large qualities as well. Would be very shocked if they banned a 30kr trade. What draws the attention of Daybreak is when someone says "something". Either an account reclaim or scam report to daybreak. IPs are checked (hard IPs one in your files). That is what leads accounts being banned more than most.

There is always a risk in what we do as a hobby/extra income but kr trading is one of the lowest forms of safety that comes in our line of work.

Most of you are wrong :) They very rarely ban accounts most of the time its a lock forcing you to add a phone # onto the account. I've had them do this from 3 kronos and not do it from 30 its weird and there is no real logic to it but ive never seen one banned from a krono trade just locked until you put a phone # on it.

Bans come from people who buy the kronos sell them and chargeback the original purchase this is where some people were hit last year from the original supplier did a chargeback and you had to petition to show you were not involved in that.

Most of you are wrong :) They very rarely ban accounts most of the time its a lock forcing you to add a phone # onto the account. I've had them do this from 3 kronos and not do it from 30 its weird and there is no real logic to it but ive never seen one banned from a krono trade just locked until you put a phone # on it.

Bans come from people who buy the kronos sell them and chargeback the original purchase this is where some people were hit last year from the original supplier did a chargeback and you had to petition to show you were not involved in that.
o lock is different from bans. Often I get the phone number lock if I change IP addresses if I forget to turn off or change location the poof! lol. Funny enough I never get asked to set an SQA but every once in a while "Hey add a phone now" FU!!!!

Bans also happen when someone tries to claim accounts. if they dig into it and find anything fishy they have before banned quite a few accounts.

most likely to resell it for profit after charging back what he got from sellers and yes friends and family can be charged back if the buyer knows what they are doing and the steps they need to take.

i was wondering why i couldnt see so many responses here...its because i had this scammer wrightsvillian on ignore and i dont remember why...but if i have you on ignore you must be a special kind of annoyance

the erratic behavior is just that...erratic

ontop of all that if ctalbus...the nicest dude on here is making you not respond anything but positive, youve got a problem on here.

Finally a word of warning from recent personal experience, i had purchased kronos from a member here recently over a few transactions...i had an issue with an online purchase i had to call my CC about to get removed, the young girl was an idiot, asked me if it was one of the paypal transactions i said no thats for a video game im a nerd blah blah...she say ok, we get to the right one eventually on my transaction list and she says ok itl will be credited and an investigation per usual. Next thing i know i see a chargeback from paypal marked...the idiot girl chargebacked the paypal item i told her not too specifically and my transaction i WANTED charged back never happened (still im waiting on it). I contacted the member here immediately and we conversed in emails. I canceled the dispute and sent the member here emails and screenshots and we both let paypal know "hey we are in agreement the chargeback was a mistake due to some idiot CC phone rep"...guess what...paypal found in my "favor" and didnt dismiss the case...even though the sender (me) and receiver (member here) were in 100% agreement and we showed paypal pics etc sooooo my point is, even if BOTH people agree that a dispute should be closed, paypal can override that and STILL close the case and the seller would be screwed. Thankfully im honest and we handled the situation immediately and i just sent the person a full refund via paypal for what paypal refused to do...why? Because its my responsibility to fix an issue and not the seller who would have been standing there with no money and no kronos. The member here waited patiently and assured me since he smoked pot he was chill and patient hahaha, super nice of him, but he was waiting for like a week with no money or kronos while paypal twiddled their thumbs. If you work with people, generally they will work with you as my example shows

Point of this, be honest

i was wondering why i couldnt see so many responses here...its because i had this scammer wrightsvillian on ignore and i dont remember why...but if i have you on ignore you must be a special kind of annoyance

the erratic behavior is just that...erratic

ontop of all that if ctalbus...the nicest dude on here is making you not respond anything but positive, youve got a problem on here.

Finally a word of warning from recent personal experience, i had purchased kronos from a member here recently over a few transactions...i had an issue with an online purchase i had to call my CC about to get removed, the young girl was an idiot, asked me if it was one of the paypal transactions i said no thats for a video game im a nerd blah blah...she say ok, we get to the right one eventually on my transaction list and she says ok itl will be credited and an investigation per usual. Next thing i know i see a chargeback from paypal marked...the idiot girl chargebacked the paypal item i told her not too specifically and my transaction i WANTED charged back never happened (still im waiting on it). I contacted the member here immediately and we conversed in emails. I canceled the dispute and sent the member here emails and screenshots and we both let paypal know "hey we are in agreement the chargeback was a mistake due to some idiot CC phone rep"...guess what...paypal found in my "favor" and didnt dismiss the case...even though the sender (me) and receiver (member here) were in 100% agreement and we showed paypal pics etc sooooo my point is, even if BOTH people agree that a dispute should be closed, paypal can override that and STILL close the case and the seller would be screwed. Thankfully im honest and we handled the situation immediately and i just sent the person a full refund via paypal for what paypal refused to do...why? Because its my responsibility to fix an issue and not the seller who would have been standing there with no money and no kronos. The member here waited patiently and assured me since he smoked pot he was chill and patient hahaha, super nice of him, but he was waiting for like a week with no money or kronos while paypal twiddled their thumbs. If you work with people, generally they will work with you as my example shows

Point of this, be honest

awesome brother now get verified. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back