• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

ACCOUNT BANS SWEEPING THROUGH p1999 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The title is a bit misleading as I am Neqrotik and as the P1999 Gm's didnt scam anyone. They said it was coming: Banning RMTers.

Here is a post that I would like to share with everyone else and I hope that it brings a higher level of awareness on a forward-looking basis:

Multiple accounts of mine have been recently banned. None of them bought. However I do have a history of RMT activity on them about 4-5 months ago. At this point, the fact that these bans are happening is only making buyers on this forum realize all risks inherent in these account purchases. So not only are you exposing yourself to the risk that the account itself is a hoax but also the risk of possibly taking an account with a reputation of RMT. Since you can no longer go by hearsay that the offending account never RMTed, when purchasing the account you are evermore exposed to the risk of these bans.

This is a big game changer. Quite frankly a blessing in disguise for me anyway. While I did love playing the game, I often sacrificed other more productive and life enhancing activities for it's sake. I also want to point out that the level of sacrifice as an adult it takes to get high-end and enjoy the game with some nice things has only gotten worse. As our lives move on to having families and having to worry about survival in an ever more harder economy to live in the game has only gotten more demanding with its commitment and these bans reinforce it that way. So the marginal cost of enjoying the game has gotten even higher. Anyway, P1999 GM's made their move and I must now make mine. Im cutting my losses and walking away.

I never had a moral quarrel with anyone buying RMT or accounts. The way I looked at it, if you didnt build your house brick by brick and build your own car by every nut and bolt then you have NOTHING TO SAY to people who buy geared accounts and plat.

I wish all of you guys the best.

BE WARNED ABOUT PROJECTSALES99 MASSIVE BAN 400+ ACNTS

I was not sure what to post this under, or to even post this at all. I do not want to ruin someones business but at the same time I lost over 400 dollars since dealing with this person. I only delt with 1 person doing any RMT's Project99sales. He was very professional and friendly. I have nothing against this seller or the guy however, they just banned over 400 accounts that did business with him and I feel that since a lot of people use him and you will have your account banned if you have done any RMT with the guy you are going to be banned in the future if you were not already banned. I lost 2 accounts that both did sales with him. Be that as it is I felt compelled to write this and warn future buyers so they know what they are getting into. I am sure I will have people flame me saying I knew what I was getting into which is true. I have never however in the span of 16 years playing mmos had an account banned. At any rate this is just here as a warning as I do not want other users to go through what I did.

P.s. I understand people will say this is not a scam. However if the person knows he will get you banned if you deal with him I believe that warrants scam and a warning to the community who does business here in the bazaar on redguides.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144205

If you read the article above here is states they found a particular someone who claims they have never had anyone banned for RMT. I had 2 accounts banned that only did (RMT with projectsales99)

On project99sales front page of his website (below) he claims this: " I have been raiding on the server with the top guilds for several years now. I have been selling items, platinum and accounts on Project1999 for the past year. I have never had a customer banned or caught for RMT, so you are safe to deal with me."

https://sites.google.com/site/project1999sales/

I feel the same way. Its time for me to focus more heavily on some RL stuff. I just hope that one day SOE will release a pure classic eq server so that we don't gotta deal with ban waves like this.

I just don't see why they dont embrace it. Create an in game market were people can just openly trade there plat, items, and accounts for cash. It's gonna happen anyways why not regulate it. Its kinda like the war on drugs. People are gonna do it no matter what, why not accept it and create a safe place for doing so.

Re: BE WARNED ABOUT PROJECTSALES99 MASSIVE BAN 400+ ACNTS

LMAO
FYI: Rogean = P99's lead dev

Rogean said:
RMT Activity
As many of you know, Project 1999 takes our rules very seriously, from boxing, to cheating, to RMT.

3 Months ago, I wrote the following paragraph:

I briefly mentioned some recent RMT bans, and I wanted to elaborate on that. We have done multiple waves of bans in recent weeks for RMT activity.

Contrary to popular belief, we take RMT seriously. We have a vast arsenal of utilities at our disposal to identify and track suspected activity. Once a particular player has been identified, it is very easy for us to match all associated accounts, and flag all possible transactions. More staff members have been given access and trained on these utilities.

It is not always immediate, but our logs exist forever, and you will be found. There are no way to hide the trades and it is just a matter of time.

DO NOT Buy OR Sell platinum, items, or characters for money. It is not worth it to lose your characters over.

When I wrote this message, I wasn't kidding. We noticed, in particular, a new RMT site claiming to never have a customer banned. We silently tracked accounts we found affiliated with their operation, and now today we are permanently banning over 400 accounts that have participated in these activities. Don't bother petitioning unless you have a strong defense.

Hallo I used 870$ Project99sales On 2 of my acc And got my 2 acc banned.. It is not safe to buy from him sorry to say that.. I am done with the game now..

Its not safe to RMT at all.

There is, and never will be a 100% SAFE route with RMT. If the server ever catches you, you're in the wrong - regardless of what side of the fence you're on (buyer/seller).

It's a risk that you should have already been aware of when you started with RMT.

Hopefully the impact here is minimal, but please keep in mind - getting caught in the sweep of 400+ accounts, doesn't make the seller bad. Sometimes the admins watch things from their glass towers.

if you bought from Project99Sales, it was never about if you where going to get banned or not, more WHEN you where going to get banned.
He sold plat/items from stolen,hacked and borrowed accounts, so the plat/items would be tracked down, it was just a question about when it was going to happen

Hey, it's their server. They can ban half their userbase if they like.

But they're never going to stop RMT. I just wonder how many of those banned today had donated to p99.

if you bought from Project99Sales, it was never about if you where going to get banned or not, more WHEN you where going to get banned.
He sold plat/items from stolen,hacked and borrowed accounts, so the plat/items would be tracked down, it was just a question about when it was going to happen

Do you have proof of this? If you do have proof, please provide it. Without proof, I suggest we keep the accusations to ourselves.

I agree with this exactly, this was a stupid move. I was not affected, but yea, think about how many of those people donated to Project1999, Pantheon etc.

FACT = rogean has given players in game items/perks ect in exchange for goods/services in real life ect

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me. It's very common of those who punish others harshly of doing the exact same they are punishing others of doing. Tis the way of all those in positions of asymmetric authority.

FACT = rogean has given players in game items/perks ect in exchange for goods/services in real life ect... its a fact

he gave a friend of mine pre-nerf mask + timorous bind for some PC help with a problem he was having (it was even public on the forums, he made it like a contest). I've also heard of more nefarious exchanges involving rogean.

I'm not surprised one bit. I honestly think he or some of the other devs have some scheme going on where they RMT themselves, and the ban wave we experienced this weekend was them just banning the competition. They pretty much have a money printer, and I personally do not trust them to not exploit it.

Last edited:
Awhile back when I was playing around with EMUs I was writing some quest scripts that were later incorporated in P99 source. I came across Rogean in IRC when I was asking about some stuff and he was a total asshat everything.

I'm all for RMTing but at the end of the day it's his server. You can't say he didn't give you warning. Everyone who RMTs takes the risk of getting banned, so accept it and move on. Moreover, his hypocrisy makes sense. If it was my server, why would I allow other people to be making money instead of myself.

No its free but you only get one account and a ton of others rules. Also its EQ first edition Antonica and SO BORING with hell levels, spell book in your face, etc. The whole takes 6 months to get to level 30. Makes me cry even thinking about that server.

He starts out allowing account trading, etc etc, than stops it , than bans, what do you expect when you allowed it in the first place you FOOL. Lmao.

I don't think anyone was banned specifically for account trading. I believe it was more item and plat trading that was targeted but I assume some accounts that may have been logged in by those same IP's associated with plat and item sales may have been flagged. I had 2 out of my 5 bought accounts banned (some I've had for a couple years now). I had never RMT'd on any of them or given them RMT money, but you don't know what someone did with them before you got them.

I'm all for RMTing but at the end of the day it's his server. You can't say he didn't give you warning. Everyone who RMTs takes the risk of getting banned, so accept it and move on. Moreover, his hypocrisy makes sense. If it was my server, why would I allow other people to be making money instead of myself.

Hey, I'd gladly pay Rogean $1.5 per k.

I had both of my accounts banned - they tracked one specific purchase back from December 2013 for only 25,000 plat. One account I had purchased and the other was my own account. Probably lost $1,000 invested between the two acounts. I also donated money to p99 which now I regret doing. I had planned on donating more bin the future but I am done with EQ EMU/p99. Elder Scrolls Online here I come. I am guessing a lot of RMTers donated to p99 so with these bans it's going to be less money they are able to bring in via donations. I had half a year of fun living old memories, but it's time to let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back