• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

A word of warning. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hey all,

Just thought I'd say this, admins can delete if they feel it's not in the right place.

With all the people quitting at the moment on Lockjaw, I thought it was the right time to make sure people are thinking through their purchases.

Anyway, people selling accounts now because the new server is coming may get bored with the new server, and decide they want their accounts back.

You can try to protect yourselves by buying an account made with a krono only and no SQ/A input, but infact it makes no actual difference to the overall security of your account I have found recently. The original owner CAN still gain access to your account and change the password. Of course, you will be able to change it again, but your account may be stripped by then.

You may decide to take action, but EQ will not help you AT ALL, so aside from signing up the offender (if you know who it actually is) to 50 spam sites, there's not much you can do.

So a couple of things you can do to protect yourselves are:

A) Buy from someome you trust, that has feedback, and something to lose. (Chances are a regular seller has gained good feedback for a reason).
B) Keep your kronos and main stash of money on your original account (keep your kronos on your most secure account).
C) Buy without SQA set if you can. It will discourage some, if not prevent all.
D) Be SURE to get the REAL NAME of the person, and the name the account was CREATED under.
E) Be weary of accounts that have been bought and sold multiple times, you must get the name, e-mail, and other details inputted of the person who CREATED the account, not the person you bought it from. It's probably not been changed, and still in account info, but still, write it all down.
F) ALWAYS leave feedback - this helps everyone in the long term. I personally don't ask or mention it much anymore, but getting the trustworthy people over 5-10 feedback is imperative for everyones financial safety in the long run.
G) Exchange actual final account info via e-mail. Cut out as many other systems, forums websites, from the process of sending and recieve usernames and passwords. I have had the situation where I couldn't be 100% sure who stripped an account because account info may not have been safe posted in inboxes (someone may stayed logged in and someone else comes along and takes account info).

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here.
If anyone else has something to add, I'll add it if I feel useful.

Last edited:
How is it that you didn't put the one sure fire way to finalize it... Transfer the character to your own damn account! You buy it, transfer the char off that account to your own. Win-Win. I used to sell tons of account and I'd say a good majority of the buyers would require the character to be transferred.

How is it that you didn't put the one sure fire way to finalize it... Transfer the character to your own damn account! You buy it, transfer the char off that account to your own. Win-Win. I used to sell tons of account and I'd say a good majority of the buyers would require the character to be transferred.

Great idea.

Except RF/LJ don't let you transfer to another account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back