• You've discovered EC Tunnel šŸ’µšŸ«±šŸ»ā€šŸ«²šŸ¾ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community šŸ˜‡ If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! šŸ‘‹

Idea a bumpy situation! (1 Viewer)

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
I'm looking for some ideas on what to do with bumps, as the new "extra bumps" item in the ducat shop restocks once per month and sells out in about 10 seconds. I didn't imagine that demand. And I don't want to allow unlimited purchases, because a certain section of this site would bury everything else.

Should we even have this item? Should we increase the # of bumps for everyone, say from 3 to 7? Should we go back to a strict 3/bumps for everyone?

Keep in mind the goal of this site: to allow normal players to exchange directly with one another.

Last edited:
That doesn't answer my question. That's the problem with talking with you about a given subject, you raise idea's without any explanation.
Conclusion: You are a buyer, not a krono seller at all. That falls in line with your red feedback. You never got krono :D

Uhh, you do realize in order for the statement 'Keep in mind the goal of this site: to allow normal players to exchange directly with one another' (which is what Redbot actually said) means that both the customer AND the seller have to be happy with the arrangement. You're coming at this from the pov of the customer only.

Why do you always resort to immature jabs?

I literally stated that I believe the CUSTOMERS SHOULD WIN by using COMPETITIVE PRICING and YES, we all should have the SAME AMOUNT OF BUMPS A DAY... and let your PRODUCT SUPPLY and DEMAND dictate your pricing, which inevitably SAVES THE CUSTOMER MONEY... which part of that is hard for you to read and infer? LOL

Uhh, you do realize in order for the statement 'Keep in mind the goal of this site: to allow normal players to exchange directly with one another' (which is what Redbot actually said) means that both the customer AND the seller have to be happy with the arrangement. You're coming at this from the pov of the customer only.
I am a seller, a small-time seller... And I'd be happy to simply use competitive pricing...

Why do you always resort to immature jabs?

I literally stated that I believe the CUSTOMERS SHOULD WIN by using COMPETITIVE PRICING and YES, we all should have the SAME AMOUNT OF BUMPS A DAY... and let your PRODUCT SUPPLY and DEMAND dictate your pricing, which inevitably SAVES THE CUSTOMER MONEY... which part of that is hard for you to read and infer? LOL
because if someone like a large supplier only has 3 bumps a day then they're going to drop their prices drastically to sell their stock. Leaving someone like me to have to lower my prices to compete with them despite me having a lower stock to begin with. I personally don't want to be selling Krono @ $5, call me crazy.

I'm not overly familiar with FreEQ2PlaySalesServices but are you even a seller or do you only buy Krono?

Last edited:
because if someone like a large supplier only has 3 bumps a day then he/she is going to drop his prices drastically to sell his/her stock. Leaving someone like me to have to lower my prices to compete with him despite me having a lower stock to begin with. I personally don't want to be selling Krono @ $5, call me crazy
Exactly.

Because some of us don't live on the Krono they are selling LOL... it's a hobby or side hustle for us... sure I'd like to make SOMETHING rather than NOTHING, but you're arguing that you can't sell your large supply to make money without the extra bumps ROFL...

Anyhow, what's important is WHY did @Redbot feel the need to sell the "Extra Bumps" in the store and why only 5 of them... if it was to give the bigger suppliers the upper hand in moving their product, then it makes sense; if the reason was to make money via his Ducats store, then that's a very acceptable reason... otherwise, competitive pricing alone would accomplish the goal without the extra bumps, period.

p.s.-- @klesko your idea was a strong idea if either of the first two reasons are the reason for the extra bumps :)

Have a great rest of your day y'all! @Redbot whatever you decide is cool by me! As always, a pleasure talking at length over this stuff...

There is no upper hand man, they have more product to sell they have to be online longer trading.

Man, the reason behind the move doesn't matter, its result oriented. I would go around deleting these threads I swear Lol.

Red is in charge, he can make the decision for us without all the hoo haw garbage.

I'm only a seller, a small-time seller... I've never once purchased Krono... which can be verified @Redbot if you need to know LOL...
More power to you. It seems pretty clear you're advocating for a solution that benefits you, a seller who is small-time as you stated. I think I get your perspective. I would merely ask you to grant me the same courtesy and realize why I don't want to be in bump wars with a large supplier.

IDC if you sell or are a buyer I am just trying to gauge your perspective as to why you want your/our Krono value to drop drastically. Basic economics states supply and demand are what control pricing. The demand on ECT is consistent and likely not to change drastically. However, if the supply of Krono goes up (b/c a large supplier can't offload their stock) without an increase in buyers then the price inevitably is forced to lower. I just don't want to see that happen on my end. Call that selfish. Call that business. IDC.

I feel like Klesko's idea is good. Personally, I wouldn't be buying the Ducats at that price, and the majority of sellers wouldn't be able to justify that cost either I'd imagine. But that's sorta the point right? If you move enough Krono on here to justify that cost of extra bumps then why not have the option available to you?

More power to you. It seems pretty clear you're advocating for a solution that benefits you, a seller who is small-time as you stated. I get your perspective. I would merely ask you to grant me the same courtesy and realize why I don't want to be in bump wars with a large supplier.

IDC if you sell or are a buyer I am just trying to gauge your perspective as to why you want your/our Krono value to drop drastically. Basic economics states supply and demand are what control pricing. The demand on ECT is consistent and likely not to change drastically. However, if the supply of Krono goes up (b/c a large supplier can't offload their stock) without an increase in buyers then the price inevitably is forced to lower. I just don't want to see that happen on my end. Call that selfish. Call that business. IDC.

I feel like Klesko's idea is good. Personally, I wouldn't be buying the Ducats at that price, and the majority of sellers wouldn't be able to justify that cost either I'd imagine. But that's sorta the point right? If you move enough Krono on here to justify that cost of extra bumps then why not have the option available to you?
@Prestige Worldwide

LOL and you don't think that DK is advocating for a solution that benefits him? LOL ROFL

While I will agree with you on the basic of economics, heck! I even stated that Supply and Demand would dictate pricing... again read my posts :p

However, that's the name of the selling game... competitive pricing / offers, etc. which are gauged for the CUSTOMER to buy them.... NOT for the SELLER to make more money; however, with hopes for return business, which = steady flow of cash, not necessarily the most in one transaction.

I would like to sell my Krono for a price that is better obviously, but it's not going to kill me otherwise, but if said large supplier has more to sell, then the the only way I will offload a few Krono is to price them to sell and be done.

And yes, I agree with @klesko 's idea... as I have said many times...

There is no upper hand man, they have more product to sell they have to be online longer trading.

Man, the reason behind the move doesn't matter, its result oriented. I would go around deleting these threads I swear Lol.

Red is in charge, he can make the decision for us without all the hoo haw garbage.
LOL this is a moot point. @Redbot reached out to the community and asked, so here we are having a lengthy discussion about it. He didn't have to, but he did... correct? :p LOL SMH

The "extra bumps" item was ultimately a way to decrease the benefit of alt accounts, which was putting sellers at odds with moderation staff.
Appreciate the insight, though you didn't have to, but that makes sense... though I am unaware of the behind the scenes dealings with alt accounts, I can appreciate the efforts to correct the issue. /respect

Heading out. Just want to say thanks for allowing us the opportunity to chime in. Whatever you decide from this discussion, I obviously will abide by!

Have a great night everyone! :)

@Prestige Worldwide

LOL and you don't think that DK is advocating for a solution that benefits him? LOL ROFL

While I will agree with you on the basic of economics, heck! I even stated that Supply and Demand would dictate pricing... again read my posts :p

However, that's the name of the selling game... competitive pricing / offers, etc. which are gauged for the CUSTOMER to buy them.... NOT for the SELLER to make more money; however, with hopes for return business, which = steady flow of cash, not necessarily the most in one transaction.

I would like to sell my Krono for a price that is better obviously, but it's not going to kill me otherwise, but if said large supplier has more to sell, then the the only way I will offload a few Krono is to price them to sell and be done.

And yes, I agree with @klesko 's idea... as I have said many times...
I guess this is where you and I differ. You're content with selling at a lower price. I am not.

Simplest Solution would be no longer combining multiple threads into the main giant wall post. Click the Everquest button on the main ECT site, it takes you immediately to the just top portion where you select what product you're looking for, be it accounts, plat, krono, items, etc...

This would allow sellers to maintain and compartmentalize their threads, and then bumps could technically be an unlimited market.

IE; Major account sellers bumping their thread 3 - 4 times a day would probably be more than enough.
Krono sellers could bump their threads 100 times a day if they wanted to without screwing up the rest of the communities threads.

Basically after you click "Everquest" from the main ectunnel.com page, you only get this and are forced to click one.

ECT.jpg

The top Krono sellers could stay "pinned" to the top, and then you can compete for the 3rd, or 4th, or 5th place or w/e but still remain on the "Main Page"

Oh, and I would keep the standard bump amount to be set at 3.

I just think the main issue isn't the bumping between two competitive sellers. I think the issue is the bumping between two sellers, multiplied by everyone on this site. I wouldn't say I was ever in direct competition with @Ninjapickle (In fact, I've secretly sent him some business <3) because of A. I couldn't compete nor would I want to, and B. Because he's an awesome FV account seller, it wouldn't make sense. BUT, when I was still actively selling and he first came onto the scene, there was definitely a small bump war going on. But it wasn't me and Ninja going against each other... It was me and Ninja going against literally every other thread on this site to try and remain on the "First-Seen" area. (Sorry to tag you in this bro, but figured it's a good example for peeps xD)

I just think this is a good way to negate all of that.

Last edited:
It's already fixed. Best you can do now is up the cost of the ducat 1,000 - 1,500 or so as proposed by Klesko, and allow a few more to purchase it, maybe 7-10.
Problem solved without scripting the entire site.

I personally don't think anyone pays attention to the wall post, its garbled and not a constructive orientation to search for what you are looking for.
Nobody competes to be on the top of that particular list.

Last edited:
The issue that I have is with imbalances created by artificially locking other users out of it. When there is only 5 for sale and ppl strategize a little the result is all of them being bought out within 3 mins of being posted. Now people who were not able to buy them have to spend an entire month disadvantaged as a seller. Either raising the price so most people cant afford them or making more available or removing them at all together any of these fix the problem I see. All I would like is to have the same ability everyone else has or the ability to buy the same ability everyone else buys, not be locked out because I was not on for a 3 min auction on a non publicly posted sale.

I agree with HappyKrono. He has personal experience of the situation, both purchasing the item bumper for a month, and also not owning it for a month. I trust his judgment.

The only thing that I would want us to avoid which was mentioned is the following:
"Either raising the price so most people cant afford them or making more available or removing them at all together any of these fix the problem I see."

1. Raising the price so most traders do not benefit ( Definitive partial fix )
2. Making the item more available via count ( Definitive partial fix )
3. Removing them all together ( Not a fix )

While #3 does fix the issue of fairness, it subjects traders to the same complications we experienced before. Limited bumps for frequent high volume traders is a disaster as we all know.

The fix to me seems clear.

#1. Allow more of this item to be purchased. 7-10
#2. Raise the price of the item to create scarcity ( 1,000 - 1,500 ducat )

If you ignore #1, you get dissatisfied traders like HappyKrono - I would also be unhappy. In fact, you could change my name to UnhappyKrono šŸ˜‚
If you ignore #2, or the product is to inexpensive, everyone will purchase the item. The result is everyone has the same amount of bumps and the same complications arise we attempted to avoid by creating a buyable item bump in the first place.

We may never find a perfect fix, but we can certainly find a fix that makes 98% of the community happy.

I'm sorry everyone, we're here in line for another mess of a bump fight shortly.

On or after 9/11/2022 the bump system may be modified. If you're purchasing "extra bumps" now, please keep in mind that there will likely be changes on or after 9/11/2022 to the bump system. These changes may include:

* Changes to the stock of "extra bumps"
* Changes to the # of bumps for premium users
* Any other idea someone posted here (haven't had a chance to read them all yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back