• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

100 Krono's - 650$ - Help me get cross country! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone ahead and paid to be verified. I'm awaiting for Redbot or the other admins to complete the process.

I did this because I refuse to allow myself to be lumped in with these scammers simply because I didn't take the time out of my day and the $10 out of my wallet.

I'll bump my thread when I get verified.

IMO, anything over $100 should be required to be verified seller. All sales should include a warning saying not to use PayPal friends and family.

All sales should include a warning saying not to use PayPal friends and family.

The only problem with using the normal PayPal payment method and not the "friends and family" is that its too easy for the buyers to scam the seller by telling PayPal they didn't receive anything and request their money back. especially with virtual items PayPal will refund them and you lose the item. I saw this happening a lot in another game I played that people were buying/selling in-game items.

IMO, anything over $100 should be required to be verified seller. All sales should include a warning saying not to use PayPal friends and family.

meh majority of my transactions have been well over $100 and I'm not verified just have to be smart about it. If its sketch just use a CC for payment if u get ripped off report to bank and get money back. Typically if your gut says don't do it you're probably right.

not true if it was virtual goods it would go in the sellers favor as there is no warranty provided by paypal for virtual goods.
anything over 200 id have to go with a neutral 3rd party that both the seller and myself agreed upon.

not true if it was virtual goods it would go in the sellers favor as there is no warranty provided by paypal for virtual goods.
anything over 200 id have to go with a neutral 3rd party that both the seller and myself agreed upon.

you're actually wrong. I lost 3 cases last year totaling about $1200 for CSGO skins that I sold and the buyers claimed they never received. I even showed proof of trade records time stamps messages and everything still lost every case opened against me.

its always been a grey area with paypal because of how the money is sent for the virtual goods. sent as gift/donation(friends and family) or sent to pay for a product/service.

charge back on friends and family payment is weird because why would a friend or family open up an internet claim instead of dealing with it in real life? so paypal normally sides with the receiver(seller) because the payment is considered a gift/donation. you dont get your money back from a charity unless the sender(buyer) claims it was unauthorized payment(going to the bank and saying someone stole your credit card or hacked your computer w/e).

charge back on payment for a product/service is tricky for us because paypal never accepts our virtual evidence(trade logs, messages etc). paypal wants to see evidence that the seller put a product in the mail or actually performed a service, real paper official documents. so paypal normally sides with the sender(buyer) because the seller cant provide real proof of a product/service.

its always been a pick your poison based on the buying/selling power in each individual game's rmt economy. in the end you just have to play smart.

but in a case like this where he ripped off multiple people, the mob always wins. if everyone honestly files a formal complaint with paypal and their banks then paypal will side with the banks. paypal isnt going to let the cocksucker PhinnyFam get away with the money while 3-4 banks become pissed off with paypal.

Guys - be careful, this is very sad to see. I'm sure everyone will get their money back, or I hope so anyway, but don't buy from something that's too good to be true. Find someone that's legit, and stay with them.

About feedback, it doesn't mean someone won't dupe someone in the future, it's just a guide.

With Kronos, always go with verified and if you have to buy a large quantity - do it in 10s or 5s. It's what I did when testing a new seller, 10 at a time. Once trust is established, it's different.

With accounts, NO account is ever safe. You have people like myself who have been doing it a long time, and have built up trust in the community - but the creator can ALWAYS take his account back - minimum can make it a banned account. There is a myth about the secret question, it's just that, a myth. I could take back any of the acocunts I've created over the last 9 months, I am just an honourable person and would never do it. You can xfer your account, once you feel it's worth the investment, get your character off that account.

Verified reds, verified paypal, real names in paypal written down. Get the info you need to get to secure yourself.

Protect yourself, remember that if you don't, you are only hurting the system as a way of getting cheaper goods. If people can't be trusted, people will stop using here.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's hard to ban friends and family darkeros. What's the alternative? Everyone set up a business account to sell their spare kronos?

People just need to remain vigilent, don't do krono xfers for more than 100 bucks - do them piecemeal. It takes a little longer, but boy it smarts a lot less if you get ripped off.

If someone isn't verified, you can always get in touch with the people he has traded with before, that have good feedback and make sure they weren't small purchases to gain feedback also.

With accounts, NO account is ever safe. You have people like myself who have been doing it a long time, and have built up trust in the community - but the creator can ALWAYS take his account back - minimum can make it a banned account. There is a myth about the secret question, it's just that, a myth. I could take back any of the acocunts I've created over the last 9 months, I am just an honourable person and would never do it. You can xfer your account, once you feel it's worth the investment, get your character off that account.

You Sir, are a little wrong on that point, ToonsByRaz accounts have ZERO Raz footprint on them, once the buyer puts in the original information, secret question, and original zip code.. I can never take the account back, so yes accounts can be secure, if the seller knows what he is doing and wants them to be totally anonymous accounts, like toonsbyraz accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

People just need to remain vigilent, don't do krono xfers for more than 100 bucks - do them piecemeal. It takes a little longer, but boy it smarts a lot less if you get ripped off.

Anytime I trade with anyone I check their feedback and look to see if they also gave and received feedback. Trade smart.. trade S Mart!

Problem with escrow system is still chargebacks, and then the escrow agent loses out too! There is no perfect fix, we should all just be vigilant and trust our guts. If someone annoys me during a sale or makes my alarms go off, I pass, right now! I have done it plenty of times!

Exactly this.

I wanted to offer an escrow service but the idea of ME being chargebacked in a sale is scary. Cannot assume that risk.

Edit:

Alternatively, what are our options outside of PayPal? Can I use a credit card to pay someone via google wallet?

Paying using my CC would be amazing. That extra layer of security knowing someone has got my CC's money while I fight it.

Edit 2:

Google Wallet w/ Discover Card is treated as a cash advance and once the money is sent all of the protection that goes with it is gone.

Last edited:
You Sir, are a little wrong on that point, ToonsByRaz accounts have ZERO Raz footprint on them, once the buyer puts in the original information, secret question, and original zip code.. I can never take the account back, so yes accounts can be secure, if the seller knows what he is doing and wants them to be totally anonymous accounts, like toonsbyraz accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Anytime I trade with anyone I check their feedback and look to see if they also gave and received feedback. Trade smart.. trade S Mart!

Not sure if this is a double post. But I can't find my reply. If you make the account with your name, and DoB it can be taken back. Let not try and BS people. The only safe accounts are ones created by the CUSTOMER or with the CUSTOMER's details on CREATION - it doesn't matter if you didn't put in your postcode, or secret question and they did once they bought it.

If you put in ToonsByRaz name and DoB - and you need to put something to open an account - you can infact take that account back.

For the record - one of my customers lost his secret question and I had to get that back for him. I got his secret answer, with my details, and not his.

I've read through some of the old threads on moving characters between accounts, but how easy do they allow account to account transfers on regular servers when it was a bought account?

Not sure if this is a double post. But I can't find my reply. If you make the account with your name, and DoB it can be taken back. Let not try and BS people. The only safe accounts are ones created by the CUSTOMER or with the CUSTOMER's details on CREATION - it doesn't matter if you didn't put in your postcode, or secret question and they did once they bought it.

If you put in ToonsByRaz name and DoB - and you need to put something to open an account - you can infact take that account back.

For the record - one of my customers lost his secret question and I had to get that back for him. I got his secret answer, with my details, and not his.

He's right, actually..

Creating an account requires:

• Username
  • Password
  • Email Address
  • DoB

So, no name or SQ or anything until you add it after creation. Could even make a new email and hand over the email address with the account if you wanted.

DoB is not going to be enough to go on to recover an account after the customer has entered name/zip/SQ/A especially if they make a payment from a credit card on it.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/register

He's right, actually..

Creating an account requires:

• Username
  • Password
  • Email Address
  • DoB

So, no name or SQ or anything until you add it after creation. Could even make a new email and hand over the email address with the account if you wanted.

DoB is not going to be enough to go on to recover an account after the customer has entered name/zip/SQ/A especially if they make a payment from a credit card on it.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/register

I'm sorry, but you also are wrong. You can take back an account with that info.

If your e-mail is not the e-mail, and you don't have the date of birth required, you will not be able to dispute an account. However he will be able to recover the SQA with this info given.

I know this is possible - I have done it to help a customer - no point in arguing a fact.

I have also had an account banned, and not been able to un-ban it because they had confirmed it had changed hands (15 years prior) and they wouldn't even tell me why they banned it in the first place - the account was inactive, maybe it was hacked I don't know. At the most you will be able to ban the account.

Once they figure out the account was xferred, it's game over. So unless you can prove the original e-mail provided and DoB are yours, and you can't, you will lose.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read through some of the old threads on moving characters between accounts, but how easy do they allow account to account transfers on regular servers when it was a bought account?

They can't know it's bought, so it should be easy if you just put in your details and do the xfer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back