• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

100 Krono's - 650$ - Help me get cross country! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinnyfam

BANNED
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've finally sold every character and liquidated every item, the last of which is 107 krono's. I leave in 12 hours for Phoenix, AZ and a new life. 650$ would certainly help that and help me pay it forward to some one wanting to make some re-sale cash.

Paypal gift only. I am paypal verified and have 15 transactions never with ANY issue, including transactions of up to 1200$ and 170 krono's.

I am not interested in trades, bitcoin, western union or anything like that, thank you though.

Money sent caused a big mess sorry phinny trying to straighten it out , thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Do not buy from, not a legit seller

Send him a text , sure, bet he's laughing with everyone's money. Too much stress for me

Well - I guess I am down to only doing business with Red Verified. Will have to verify myself as well.

Jokesters coming on here and getting just enough feedback to be trusted then scamming is a shitty precedent...

I'm currently researching a tip that phinnyfam is connected to another reputable seller here.

Thank you redbot, ANYYY info is helpful here. His phone number is 417-599-0691 and his name is rob. trying to find out his facebook info, etc

The best way to stop scammers is to get your money back, make sure they get nothing.

Everyone who was scammed, please contact paypal, contact your bank, contact your credit card company, whatever you can do. Contact ALL of them.

If it is too good to be true, then don't do it. I read this and went wow 6.5 per Krono, and then I read his little story and said to myself "it's not gonna be me". If he put them up for 8 bucks a pop he still would of sold out 100, and may of even got me. All his transactions were in the last month and this screamed cash out scam.

Go red verified only folks. Do not encourage these guys. At least there is some accountability when red verified.

If it is too good to be true, then don't do it. I read this and went wow 6.5 per Krono, and then I read his little story and said to myself "it's not gonna be me". If he put them up for 8 bucks a pop he still would of sold out 100, and may of even got me. All his transactions were in the last month and this screamed cash out scam.

Go red verified only folks. Do not encourage these guys. At least there is some accountability when red verified.
Without condoning or defending anyone who has scammed anyone, I do think it's quite harsh to label anyone who isn't red verified as a scammer or a thief.

"Don't encourage these guys." really? Thanks very much, mate.

that was exactly my thinking (money to travel) and selling for 6.5 when everyone else selling for 10+ ya nty lol

I have these eggs, I have this basket, some of these eggs will go in this basket but not all of them at the same time... Greed leads to rotten eggs and an empty basket....

That being said, Redguides takes scammers very seriously and does all it can to protect us all! Getting Verified is an awesome way to show you are legit, but also it will certainly increase your sales! So it IS worth it!

Becoming verified is not the only way though! Be active! post, interact, be part of this community and people will grow to trust you. Trust is earned!

With today's market, if someone is selling $6.5 a piece, 1. Krono dup-ed, 2. Scam
Krono can easily sold around at $8-9, why would someone (especially he knows the market) sells at $6.5.

Good luck guys, sad to see this happened.

This is why I don't trust the feedback score here. It means nothing because there is no affiliation with a legitimate institution that checks if you are a real person in real life. Nor does this website operate like Ebay either where there is a guarantee of a refund if you get scammed. So you have to be mindful of all that when you do any transactions with anyone here.

The only way to reduce the chance of getting scammed is ask for their email and check if they are Paypal Verified. That means they have to have a physical bank address, and to get that physical bank account they had to walk into an bank and show I.D.

That doesn't mean you won't get scammed, it just reduces your chance considerably.

Also, look at the guys post count and join date that should have been clue enough.

Lastly, it doesn't take more than PM to contact the moderators of this website to check IP addresses of the user incase they may have registered here with another account and scammed at an earlier date. I know I have asked for it several times in the past from the mods, before I have done transactions here because of a low post or recent join date.

P.S. I had a post somewhere on this website on a guide on how to reduce the chance of being scammed, I can't seem to find it as I can't search all my previous posts over the years, only the most recent ones. If someone has a link to that post, its a decent guide to avoiding being scammed. Just some wisdom I've gained from being scammed myself. I'm sure I'll be scammed at some point in the future by doing business here, as I have in the past, but it helps to know what you are getting into and reduce your chances.

think anything over 100 prolly should require a 3rd party escrow but then even that has its drawbacks how much would escrow service be worth to some one?

http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/25787-How-to-trade-safely-Bazaar-FAQ-Rules-Scams-etc
This is why I don't trust the feedback score here. It means nothing because there is no affiliation with a legitimate institution that checks if you are a real person in real life. Nor does this website operate like Ebay either where there is a guarantee of a refund if you get scammed. So you have to be mindful of all that when you do any transactions with anyone here.

The only way to reduce the chance of getting scammed is ask for their email and check if they are Paypal Verified. That means they have to have a physical bank address, and to get that physical bank account they had to walk into an bank and show I.D.

That doesn't mean you won't get scammed, it just reduces your chance considerably.

Also, look at the guys post count and join date that should have been clue enough.

Lastly, it doesn't take more than PM to contact the moderators of this website to check IP addresses of the user incase they may have registered here with another account and scammed at an earlier date. I know I have asked for it several times in the past from the mods, before I have done transactions here because of a low post or recent join date.

P.S. I had a post somewhere on this website on a guide on how to reduce the chance of being scammed, I can't seem to find it as I can't search all my previous posts over the years, only the most recent ones. If someone has a link to that post, its a decent guide to avoiding being scammed. Just some wisdom I've gained from being scammed myself. I'm sure I'll be scammed at some point in the future by doing business here, as I have in the past, but it helps to know what you are getting into and reduce your chances.

I told paypal, about the scumbag, I didnt sugarcoat it, he had us put our toons name in the payment message and server, so he could claim it was virtual goods so we couldnt get a refund. The agent said yea hes definitely not allowed to do that.

I told paypal "check his recent transactions, 650 650 all scams" two people already contacted them, they could very well see transactions of 650, 650, and are getting complaints from everyone who sent money.

He said they will DEFINITELY take some kind of action to stop this, and he thanked me for being honest and said they will do whatever they can to recover the money and take action against him. ANYONE who got scammed needs to call, and tell the exact truth. so if anyone else contacted you about being scammed by him please let them know to get through to the fraud department, and just spill it.

BE SURE to connect to the fraud department, just ask to be transferred to them. Maybe if other people call who werent involved but are part of the site, maybe it would help , to just report the FRAUDULANT SELLER, it definitely would not hurt to call and say " Yea there is a scammer on a site called redguides we wanted to report who is stealing peoples money, name is Phinnyfam, he was scamming for 650, etc etc"

Make the call, it wont hurt, the agent said it will only help.

arg.. sometimes u have to go by feedback.. like mine. :p

Can just call and say youd like to be connected to fraud department, and report "[email protected]" for commiting fraud on a site called redguides, having people gift him money and stealing it claiming virtual goods, the more calls the more it would help.

Agent was very thankful , he said they frown upon this, and they will push HARD to make sure something is done, honesty never hurts especially when someone is commiting fraud.

Thanks Joebob be sure to tell them how he got you, and just be completely honest the fraud department is a good group of people. make sure to ask to be transferred there because the regular agents dont handle this stuff

I plan on getting verified tonight - would be willing to provide escrow to anyone free of charge. This is bullshit and anything to help the folks here on RG trade safer is something I am willing to help facilitate.

This is a big hit , im mean were not talking 100 bucks , i think we should appoint sellers and only have a hand full to eliminate any issues , let the Admins choose 5 trustworthy sellers and call it a day . slows down the market a litte bit but keeps ppl from loosing hundereds of dollars. then soon enough the community will be only trusted ppl

That would cripple the commerce and speed of sales on this site. Just get Red Verified and prefer to deal with only those also verified for high dollar amounts such as this.

I was scammed out of $155.

I just got off the phone with PayPal.

The Fraud department straight up told me that they're investigating this person, and could not give me details, but that no matter if he gets caught or not, my money could not be reimbursed to me by PayPal. They recommended I call my bank right away, and put a freeze/stop on this payment, as it would still be pending. The PayPal representative admitted that if the payment was to be put on hold by my bank, that my PayPal account would be frozen. The rep told me to call them back if this happened, tell them why I put a stop on the payment and that my account would be unfrozen asap. I was then told that to stop this from happening in the future, do not pay friends and family, and actually use "for goods and services" yeah we all know that, ok right, bye.

I then called my bank. My bank said the transaction was pending, but they were putting a stop on the payment from occurring. Though it wasn't 100%, I have a good chance of stopping that payment from going through due to fraud. They waved the payment cancellation fee because it was fraud.

TLDR; Call your banks and try to put a stop to the payment, PayPal is not going to do anything to reimburse your cash. Their investigation into this fucker is just to stop him from cheating anyone out of money in the future.

I tried with Paypal first as well and they basically told me to pound sand.

Contacted my bank this morning as they didn't have Sunday hours and reported it. Person I spoke with from my bank told me it shouldn't be an issue to get my money back but will probably take 10 days.

Actually I have had great success in the past with paypals fraud department. They do investigate and if the other party does not respond and at least try to explain then paypal WILL side with you! I lost $3000 to a guy last year who tried to scam me 29 days after a sale with a chargeback and paypal and I nailed his sorry ass and I kept my monies!

This is a big hit , im mean were not talking 100 bucks , i think we should appoint sellers and only have a hand full to eliminate any issues , let the Admins choose 5 trustworthy sellers and call it a day . slows down the market a litte bit but keeps ppl from loosing hundereds of dollars. then soon enough the community will be only trusted ppl

Choose only 5 sellers and they are the only ones who can sell on the forums? lol sorry, but that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard, defeats the whole purpose of a buying/selling forum.

Choose only 5 sellers and they are the only ones who can sell on the forums? lol sorry, but that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard, defeats the whole purpose of a buying/selling forum.

Talking about an escrow system. You put your goods up with these sellers, so no risk of faked goods going up, it was verified as real by a reputable seller who has the account info or the actual goods to sell for the client. Slower? Sure. Workable and much more secure? Yes.

Talking about an escrow system. You put your goods up with these sellers, so no risk of faked goods going up, it was verified as real by a reputable seller who has the account info or the actual goods to sell for the client. Slower? Sure. Workable and much more secure? Yes.

Problem with escrow system is still chargebacks, and then the escrow agent loses out too! There is no perfect fix, we should all just be vigilant and trust our guts. If someone annoys me during a sale or makes my alarms go off, I pass, right now! I have done it plenty of times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back