• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

News Will they ever re-enable character transfers? (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Ive always pondered this.... I wonder the real reason character transfers went down, do they really need a tech who is able to re-enable them? Or were they getting sick and tired of peeps buying toons and moving them around ? No matter, I feel they had to have been making a decent chunk of change for these transfers, and are losing out on a lot of revenue not allowing it, just my two cents.

I truly wonder if they will ever try and bring it back, or if it truly is a thing of the past? I have a few accounts with toons I’d love to move around, and would easily , easily spend 100 bucks to do it. Just wondering everyone else’s opinion on the matter. I did petition 6 months to a year ago roughly and was told there still was no timeframe, and to contact the forums and reach out to a mod, I never did that, but would be nice if they would at least attempt a solution or at least an update on the matter

I've heard a few different excuses - the main one that I hear more often is they made some changes a couple years ago that "broke" the process involving an external program, and nobody left on staff knew how to fix it.

The programmer/DBA in me smells something foul about that excuse -- if they can change a character's server easily, they should be able to change a character's account easily. Sure it may involve secondary systems (billing) but the amount of money they would make automating the process would far outshadow the dev time to implement the "fix" to whats "broke".

Even if they charged 50-100 a pop instead of 25, I'd do it.

I can't imagine they would have it turned off on purpose to try and stop account trading. Sure they "officially" don't "support" account trading but come on, they make bank off it. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these sales are actually them.

prob realized more people will enable more accts and re-lvl to 60 and replay the game to make box chars if char xfer is off.

Toru, totally agree... I’d pay $50.00 each to move a toon, heck 100. Some of my toons are years old with so much work and time invested...so ridiculous , I’ve been mentioning it on the pages forever and ever.... just please re-enable, I need like 10 etc, always tell me to go tell the mods of the forums. So I let them know every so often. They would most definitely make bank off of it, especially, especially if it’s automated (probably will never happen but we can dream, right?)

Rolex, yea there is DEFINITELY a reason they are doing it, I mean come on, almost 2 years? I’d have spent 400-500 bucks on transfers during that time period. I do see them having an excuse like that, but come on, people paying 25 bucks per transfer , heck charge 50, I’ll pay it, there’s gotta be money in that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back