• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Warp update question. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

damonk69

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on Warp yet?

Ccomp5950 edit:

1.) I split the thread
2.) Lot of drama follows
3.) It makes baby jeebus cry
4.) I missed it for 3 days.
5.) I suq @ teh moderation

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RedQuest v11.11

good lord people. Calm down about yelling at people asking about warp. It's just a question. People are just curious if there is any advancements being made. No need to be a dick about it. Yes i assume people are working on it, but others are just curious how things are going with it. No need for everyone to freak out everytime someone mentions the word "warp". Calm down ffs!

That's because if I *don't* have a PM in my box asking about warp, ghost, or monk when I wake up in the morning, it's an odd day. If I haven't been asked about it another 2-3 times during the rest of the day, it's also an odd day.

You may not be asking much, but when a lot of people "don't ask much", that's still a hell of a lot of times for me, or others. It's being worked on. It's a complicated thing.

I'm sure it gets annoying, but i'm just saying when someone asks on here about "any word on warp", there is no need for answers like,

"Sorry but STFU about warp already. If you can't play the game without it then tough shit. It will be ready when it is done and not a moment sooner."

A nice, it's being worked on and will be posted when it's safe as it can be.

That would work great for an answer. People are just curious and when they don't hear anything for awhile they think "hmm ill ask" . They ask out of curiosity not to harass.

It's easy for you to say a simple and quiet "it's being worked on" response is all that's needed, Villageidiot. But you're not the one that's being hounded everyday about it. I don't know jack about writing code, but even I see on a daily basis someone asking about warp or other active hacks. And then I see someone like you gettin all offended when theZ or one of the other programmers gets a bit terse with their response. They are gettin short because if even just half of all those who subscribe to RG ask what the status is on warp, they are gonna be spending all their time just responding to that question. And when you have to answer a question, especially one that is anwered numerously and PUBLICALLY for all to see, you tend to get a little tired of it. Redguides makes money mainly by putting out a precompile of MQ2. You can all rest assured that getting a working and relatively safe version of warp and other active hacks is at the very top of their list of things to do. Cut them some slack and stop bugging them about it. It'll help make a working plug see the light of day that much sooner.

Cut the people asking some slack also. I'm just saying there is no need to be rude, reguardless how tired you are of being asked. I'm not bugging anyone about it, people are more just interested in an update on it's progression. I don't see people asking daily here on RG but maybe i'm just not looking in the right places.

Anyway i'm not trying to get into an argument about it. I was just trying to say, Can't we all just get along? :)

bama75 said:
But you're not the one that's being hounded everyday about it. I don't know jack about writing code, but even I see on a daily basis someone asking about warp or other active hacks.
When I do it, I just do it for the fun of it. I don't mean it as get it done, I just like joining the whole "lets complain about it not being done crew" even though I'm one of the ones trying to figure it out lol.
So if you see any of my posts about warp not being done yet, take it for the fun its supposed to be :)

btw... I want to be able to warp again *sniff* :D

Hai 2 u siddin...

Go crie about 1t!! Seriously (I notz kiddings!). Pour those tears out, sho meh all of yur frustrationz. I knos that 1t trooly hurts u dep dwn inside not to be able to warpz! LoLz!

im-in-yur-redguides-makin-teh-noobs-cry.jpg

bama75 said:
It's easy for you to say a simple and quiet "it's being worked on" response is all that's needed, Villageidiot. But you're not the one that's being hounded everyday about it. I don't know jack about writing code, but even I see on a daily basis someone asking about warp or other active hacks. And then I see someone like you gettin all offended when theZ or one of the other programmers gets a bit terse with their response. They are gettin short because if even just half of all those who subscribe to RG ask what the status is on warp, they are gonna be spending all their time just responding to that question. And when you have to answer a question, especially one that is anwered numerously and PUBLICALLY for all to see, you tend to get a little tired of it. Redguides makes money mainly by putting out a precompile of MQ2. You can all rest assured that getting a working and relatively safe version of warp and other active hacks is at the very top of their list of things to do. Cut them some slack and stop bugging them about it. It'll help make a working plug see the light of day that much sooner.

Heh,
[you're] a dumb donkey if you heckle your customers that ask for updates pertaining to one of the main reasons they subscribed to this site. [you're] an even bigger dumb donkey if you continue to allow your PM box fill up and not do anything about it. Like what you say? Hmmm, maybe something as simple as putting a sticky thread up containing information on the progress being made on movement packet type plugins. OMG, that would be just WAY too easy. But NOOOO, It's sooo much funnier to complain and wine about how tired you are of receiving PM's with questions pertaining to movement plugins. And what's even funnier then that? Well hell, it's the perpetual not nice type guy persona you exude when you come off like a not nice type guy in every single reply you make to your customers posts (Thez). You may contribute a lot to Redguides compile but your customer interaction sucks. If you were working for me, I'd either fire you, or, I'd put a muzzle on your ass and stuff you in a closet with a keyboard and mouse and never let you have any interaction with the customers.

Ccomp5950 response: Thez does not work for Redguides, he is a member of the greater hacking community and is a member on many of the EQ hacking websites and is a great contributor to each however he is unpaid. He owes you nothing and if he chooses to remain silent to your question that is fine, if he chooses to point out your mistakes when you are saying a product is broken but really it's because you broke something that is his choice. Thez has been watched by the moderators and even though he is abrasive he is always within the rules of Redguides. Oh and if you were my employee you'd probably be my intern because everyone else would have the knowledge to take such a post and put it in a PM to thez but then it would get ignored because it would probably get mixed in with the 100 warp questions he gets (and confirmed he does get a ton of PM's a day we had to setup his inbox to allow for 1000 PM's just so it didn't fill up once a day.) Then you would send one to a moderator and if that didn't work send it to an admin.

Also Siddin is a moderator, a friend of Thez, and one of the quiet plugin makers we have here on Redguides so Thez ribbing Siddin is meant as friendly.

Darknessfollows said:
If you were working for me, I'd either fire you, or, I'd put a muzzle on your ass and stuff you in a closet with a keyboard and mouse and never let you have any interaction with the customers.

Kinky

Umm, let's see. every time they post a new compile they state that warp is not safe or working yet, and that post IS stickied. So therefore your entire post is negated by facts, and therefore it also follows as to WHY they are frustrated when people send PM's or public messages about the very same thing that was stated in a stickied thread. Reading is fundamental.

If you think trying to find a solution to the warp problem is taking a longtime do 1 of 2 things.

a) Get off your fat lazy backsides and do something constructive about it.

b) Shut the furball up about it.

I'd choose b) as I like sitting on my fat lazy backside.

Slagging the guys off who are trying to fix the problems is gonna do 1 of 2 things again

a) Go oh gosh your so right I will work even harder to get a fix

b) Sod off you ungratefull baskets and go down the pub.

I'd choose b again.

Well I am sorry about being a dick but the question has been answered numerous times in this thread alone. As well as other threads on this board. If the person would have taken the time to actually read the thread instead of just looking at the first post and hitting the reply button then about 90% of all the flames on this board would be eliminated. Yes I have a working warp. Yes I have shared it with some friends. So I am not worried about the warp issue myself. But jesus christ people... Do some reading before you actually post.

Blueice22 said:
Well I am sorry about being a dick but the question has been answered numerous times in this thread alone. As well as other threads on this board. If the person would have taken the time to actually read the thread instead of just looking at the first post and hitting the reply button then about 90% of all the flames on this board would be eliminated. Yes I have a working warp. Yes I have shared it with some friends. So I am not worried about the warp issue myself. But jesus christ people... Do some reading before you actually post.

LOL, you want your inbox spammed with requests dont you :p

Personally, when someone asks a question like that, I wish the mods would just delete it to save us all drama. You are slacking ccomp!

Ccomp5950 responce: I know!~

You know what, Darknessfollows?

Here's your status report. You're right...my customer interaction sucks. Want to know why? Because I have to answer every question 30 times before the other people who ask it see the answer enough times to read it by accident on their way to posting. If you people would take 5 minutes to search, or read the other parts of the threads, then I wouldn't have to get all pissy. If people would take the time to search in the MQ2 wiki, then I wouldn't even need to look at these threads for the most part, since 90% of the questions asked can be answered by a single link.

But you were, sorta, wrong. I pretty much do work for you guys. I don't play EQ anymore, and the only reason I hang around is because I like to help people...unfortunately, I just happen to have issues when it comes to people who refuse to help themselves, like the people asking "Where's warp?" two posts below the one that says, "Warp isn't safe, so it isn't included until we fix it", or that kind of stuff.

That said...maybe you're right. I quit. Goodbye.

Darknessfollows said:
Some stuff

No offense but, Thez does not work for Redguides to my knowledge. He is a contributing customer like many. You have no right to call him out like you are. Thez has contributed countless times to things found on Redguides that the entire community uses. The guy doesn't even play EQ anymore and continues to hang out because he enjoys the community and by his own admission wishes to continue to help the cause. If you want warp so badly, go find it. It is out there, just not on this site. I was under the impression membership to this site gives you access to a compile and a massive amount of "USER" submitted macros/plugins and exploits. I see all of what your paying for being provided. If your unhappy with your subscription and feel you should be getting something else, don't resubscribe.

In closing, your paying to be a member of a community that provides "USER" submitted material for all to use, just because one of those tools doesn't work anymore doesn't mean your not getting what you paid for.

Anthrax

My only point was,

1. Yes i appreciate the fact you and others here are smarter than me.
2. Yes i appreciate what you do for RG
3. Still doesn't give you the right to treat others like a jerk just because your tired of hearing about something.

Yes the answer has been posted in a thread. Maybe the person looked at the thread and saw the last time someone asked was a week ago. Maybe they just wondered if there had been any advances?

Last edited:

Anthrax said:
No offense but, Thez does not work for Redguides to my knowledge. He is a contributing customer like many. You have no right to call him out like you are. Thez has contributed countless times to things found on Redguides that the entire community uses. The guy doesn't even play EQ anymore and continues to hang out because he enjoys the community and by his own admission wishes to continue to help the cause. If you want warp so badly, go find it. It is out there, just not on this site. I was under the impression membership to this site gives you access to a compile and a massive amount of "USER" submitted macros/plugins and exploits. I see all of what your paying for being provided. If your unhappy with your subscription and feel you should be getting something else, don't resubscribe.

In closing, your paying to be a member of a community that provides "USER" submitted material for all to use, just because one of those tools doesn't work anymore doesn't mean your not getting what you paid for.

Anthrax

I could care less about warp. I haven't downloaded or used any version of MQ2 since the 04/20/2007 patch. I do care about logging into a subscription website to see the same person abusing other members over and over again.

Admittedly, I thought theZ was on Redguides payroll. I guess that is a testament to how much he does do for the Redguides. However, he and everybody else that respond to posts in a "not so nice guy" manor are abusing Redguides customers. That abuse should not be allowed regardless of the persons contributions. Furthermore, this does not only apply to just one post. This has been a long time coming after reading negative and abusive post time after time after time after time.

If providing your knowledge and expertise to the community results in frustration and the perpetual abuse of other members, well then, you should step away from the table.

State of the Redgunion: linky linky

If you have a problem with a member (Like don't like the way Thez replies to your questions) you take it up in PM's with that member, if that doesn't work you take it up with a moderator, if that doesn't work you take it up with an admin. If that doesn't work you take it up with Redbot

Darknessfollows said:
However, he and everybody else that respond to posts in a "not so nice guy" manor are abusing Redguides customers.

Well, coming from someone who has had many posts pulled down because I expressed my thoughts, I feel moderation on this site is even a bit over-done. So if the posts are still up, the moderators do not feel they are damaging to their customers. Not much more you can say about that.

Anthrax

Last edited:

Anthrax said:
So if the posts are still up, the moderators do not feel they are damaging to their customers.

I'd put it as more of "Or they aren't seeing it"

I missed this whole derailment for 3 days it seems before I saw it.

Ok, so how about a Newbies take on the situation.

I came to redguides AFTER the warp, ghostkill, monk shyt got pounded by SoE. So all I have had the experience using is the current and available 'hacks'. While I don't actually load the program every time I come into game, I do load it when I am planning on going into unfamiliar territory.

I've had fun, enjoyed what is available and am perfectly satisfied to wait for all the other bells and whistles to come available if ever. Now, some of you more experienced redquest users who have become comfortable with all the old bells and whistles are understandably bummed you lost your really neat toys, but be 100% honest with yourself, other than the few extra minutes it takes to go to wherever you need to go (warp), do you really need to be able to off a mob w/o any effort at all, or is it your just mad because now there is 'some' challenge for you back in the game? That you actually need to work a bit harder for those mad AA's or levels you used to get with so little effort?

I'm happy and content with what I DO have available to me that still does work and that sony hasn't killed yet. Looking a gift horse in the mouth, and then bitching cause he isn't towing the plow through the field like you think he should, is just wrong.

To the dudes hammering out the codes... Thanks, I appreciate what you have done and what your still trying to do. Nuff said.

Dragon

Ccomp5950 said:
State of the Redgunion: linky linky

If you have a problem with a member (Like don't like the way Thez replies to your questions) you take it up in PM's with that member, if that doesn't work you take it up with a moderator, if that doesn't work you take it up with an admin. If that doesn't work you take it up with Redbot

It was done publicly and not through the order in which you proposed for several reasons. First, the abuse is so frequent and blatant that it is inconceivable that the Redquest team has allowed it to continue for as long as it has. Second, as stated before, the abuse has been so long standing, that it was already assumed that your suggested approach had been used by many with no success. And lastly, to make a point. You were played like a pawn. Thez can abitually abuse members time after time and his posts are never touched. The minute somebody says something about his abuse, posts start getting deleted, edited and moved.

Ccomp5950, your are a sub par moderator that needs to learn how to point your red pen in the right directions. Your failure to edit or delete abusive posts suggests that your incapable of being a non-biased moderator. As a moderator, you should look out for the best interests of the WHOLE community. You do an excellet job of protecting certain people (the minority). You are as guilty as Thez in that you do not moderate his abusive posts.

I'm done with this. I think everyone has completely lost the point of what we are saying.

*EDIT*
or atleast what i'm trying to say.

Darknessfollows said:
It was done publicly and not through the order in which you proposed for several reasons. First, the abuse is so frequent and blatant that it is inconceivable that the Redquest team has allowed it to continue for as long as it has.

I wasn't proposing, I was telling you. Hense the red text. Red text from me means I'm speaking as a moderator, and as a moderator I have authority, and part of that authority is telling you how you are going to handle something.

Darknessfollows said:
Second, as stated before, the abuse has been so long standing, that it was already assumed that your suggested approach had been used by many with no success. And lastly, to make a point. You were played like a pawn. Thez can abitually abuse members time after time and his posts are never touched. The minute somebody says something about his abuse, posts start getting deleted, edited and moved.

That's interesting, "The minute somebody says" = 3 days later...

Second all of Thez's replies typically fall into the Green catagory in the Mod bannination diagram:

ModGraph.gif

Saying "Good god it's on the first post" is not flaming it's actually light as Redquest has the power to ban people for up to a 24 hours if they don't read the whole thread and make sure their question isn't already answered. Thez knows Redquest and I'm pretty sure if Thez didn't rib you some Redquest would pull out the temp ban hammer.

"Good god" as a reply to a question, (weather someone read the thread or not) isn't acceptable and I typically just delete them and leave "Hey look at me! I'm a flamer!!!!" as the reason or if it's not really sounding like it's directing anger at the specific person I just delete it where no one can see it.

"You fucking idiot how the hell did you survive birth with an IQ of 3, the answer is 45" is flaming. It's not allowed. Do you see the difference? This will get you banned, depending on the severity it will get you warned on first offense. Completely up to the mod / admin.

Darknessfollows said:
Ccomp5950, your are a sub par moderator that needs to learn how to point your red pen in the right directions. Your failure to edit or delete abusive posts suggests that your incapable of being a non-biased moderator. As a moderator, you should look out for the best interests of the WHOLE community. You do an excellet job of protecting certain people (the minority). You are as guilty as Thez in that you do not moderate his abusive posts.

You have no idea what you are talking about, the only reason I haven't deleted your posts outright is because they had been expressed for a while.

The only reason I don't delete the post I'm replying to is because I have nothing to hide however I'm going to show you to rule 4(4th bullet, it's not numbered) of the redguides rules if you have a problem with me you will take it up with an admin. I could probably suggest your banning right now and have it passed just on the drama and flaming stuff alone, but attacking the Global Mod is not doing you any good.

Far as me protecting the minority because they contribute I think you could ask Jigs21, Thez, and even Cronic. I've deleted their posts, I've told them to fix their shit, or I've even banned them from IRC (Jigs IRC Skills > My bannination skills).

Hell I was making sure high contributers were in line within the first couple of days as a mod...
http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15627

I'm locking the thread, because I'm a jerk and I'm getting the last word if you wish to continue this conversation it will be in private messages. If you don't think it will be effective talking to me, talk with an admin.

Darknessfollows said:
It was done publicly and not through the order in which you proposed for several reasons. First, the abuse is so frequent and blatant that it is inconceivable that the Redquest team has allowed it to continue for as long as it has. Second, as stated before, the abuse has been so long standing, that it was already assumed that your suggested approach had been used by many with no success. And lastly, to make a point. You were played like a pawn. Thez can abitually abuse members time after time and his posts are never touched. The minute somebody says something about his abuse, posts start getting deleted, edited and moved.

Darknessfollows, let me start out by saying, we Redguides staff, work very hard to keep this forum running, and we do not "ignore" anyone just because they are a great contributor.

Furthermore, attacking our staff members is not going to help you, if you want to be heard you need to make a post in a calm, less aggressive manner than what you did here or contact an Adminstrator. I promise you, you will get a lot further than you did today.

As far as Thez goes, Ccomp5950 and I are the only active Moderators in this forum, if you feel you are being treated unfairly by ccomp, then feel free to PM me and I'll help you as best as I can.

Darknessfollows said:

I'm sorry, but if CComp had any interest in "protecting" the minority, he would have not been moderator for long. I think you are lucky, If I were in Ccomp shoes, you would be temporarily banned right now.

I used to think Ccomp was a complete a$$, he deleted one of my posts prior to me becoming a moderator here on these forums, and I was absolutely enraged about it, I even neg cented him because I was so pissed off. We moved past our differences, because no matter how important I thought I was and how wrong I thought he was for deleting my post, he had a job to do and he did it.

We are always looking out for whats in the best interest of the whole community. If you feel you have suggestions on things, then be polite and PM them to us. Do not come here with your rants and your raves and expect us to not do anything.

Anyways, like I said, if you feel something or someone is out of line, then PM Ccomp or myself. We do have the best intentions in mind, I promise you as well that if you talk with CComp in PM's and calm down, you will get a response.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back