• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Suspicious User - Style - has reported $297.50 in transactions as suspicious (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
701   0   0
Though he is not verified I've located him. I will post his information here if I am not made whole.
His inbox is full so I am unable to message him directly to inform him of my next steps. He's a short car drive away...

@Style -- Help me to understand:
1680033040079.png

Though he is not verified I've located him. I will post his information here if I am not made whole.
His inbox is full so I am unable to message him directly to inform him of my next steps. He's a short car drive away...

@Style -- Help me to understand:
View attachment 43085
Leave it to mods to post personal info, traders via policy are not allowed to do so unfortunately. :(

I hit larger orders up with my Verification template, also, and even offer to cover the cost by tossing in a free krono! But this is only the second chargeback/suspicious transaction that I've faced in my years here. The first came from the kissing twins (you know the ones).
Fiiiine, I'll share the personal information that I have with the admins and politely ask that they post it, then. ;)

Last edited:
In an effort to defend myself here, this situation is currently being investigated as fraud.

@Xuande as stated over email, I'll help you become whole in this situation as well once this is all sorted out.

This kind of action is despicable and hurts everyone.

Honestly, I'm even more pissed someone used it for EQ stuff. EQ peeps are my peeps.

In an effort to defend myself here, this situation is currently being investigated as fraud.

@Xuande as stated over email, I'll help you become whole in this situation as well once this is all sorted out.

This kind of action is despicable and hurts everyone.

Honestly, I'm even more pissed someone used it for EQ stuff. EQ peeps are my peeps.

Style, do you have access to your PayPal? You called PayPal and explained that someone has "hacked" your account?

The perpetrator has gained access to your PayPal - He and you both play EQ. He also managed to hack your EcTunnel account and knew how to traverse the site and have krono sent to him.

How exactly did all this occur. It's appreciated that you are making attempts to clear your name.
Perhaps an explanation of the events and how they unfolded would be appropriate.

How exactly did all this occur. It's appreciated that you are making attempts to clear your name.
Perhaps an explanation of the events and how they unfolded would be appropriate.
I'm still trying to sort those details. Mods, please disclose the IP list to me as well. This will help me track things down on my side.

I'll help you become whole in this situation as well once this is all sorted out.
You will "help" him become whole? Like you are doing him a favor?

Even if it is true that ALL of the accounts mentioned above by DK got hacked... Why does Xuande have to wait to get "sorted out". This is your problem and not his. If this happened to me, to keep my integrity and out of respect, I would have made Xuande whole and I would deal with the problem during my own time and wait for the bank to reimburse me for this "fraud".

Hot off of the press from the Admins:
"He's been using the same IPs all year, including in that conversation. If there's another Dx Dx, they're using his IP addresses."

I was also wrong; he is not a short car drive away. He has moved to Port Orchard, WA so he is across state lines. Interesting....

Style,

You have Xuande's email, please continue to work things out in private. If Xuande gives the all clear, we'll restore your account.

Most scammers don't realize how much they actually put on the line when deploying this type of action. Anyone Style has previously traded with on ectunnel has their in game char names, which is linked to an account, which is linked to an I.p. and cpu serial. All accounts are vulnerable to permaban. DB knows every account that has ever logged into a cpu (VPN or not) and ofc any rl litigation depending on how far Xuande wants to take it. He can go far, I've went far and completely obliterated someone into the shadow realm.

Background check into call up their boss showing records of fraud = a larger loss than $295.00 assuming the perp has one. ( I'm not advocating this 🤓 )
boom smile GIF

I've encountered this so many times it is ridiculous, it usually ends up in an apology and a slow payment back to the victim once the realization that the tradeoff was not measured correctly.

I recommend making payments if you cannot afford to pay it all off at once. Whether Style is the scammer or not, he is liable. It is very likely Style was not "Hacked" I do not like when this word is misused, 99% of the time it is just simple negligence (If not a scam) especially since Style hints at it being someone he may know irl. This is 100% his issue to solve.

Everyone already knows what I am going to say, Feedback is King. The best standard we have against fraud is a record of non fraudulent behavior.

Roboman is an example of someone who has an outstanding long term record, while Xuande also has an outstandingly large transactional record. These are examples
of traders you can trust.

I hope you get your reparations, for your sake and his.
~Diamond Krono 💍

Last edited:
Style has submitted another payment to cover the two cases. I've refunded the payments associated with the cases and they're closed out.

I'm all for giving second chances and would accept a reversal of the suspension if Style undergoes Premium Verification. Though I would like to leave the decision up to either the community of sellers or the admins.

Regardless of whether his EverQuest/PayPal/ECT accounts were hacked at the same time or whether he attempted to do a chargeback on legitimate transactions, I do not believe that he will attempt to pull another scam- especially if verified.
Personally, I have ignored him on ECT and will not receive further messages or accept future orders from him here.

Thanks for your help RedBot and Teichou!

I never sell to anyone unless they are verified or have a high amount of positive feedback......those are always my 2 restrictions. i am flexible with any other restrictions, just as diamond has stated in the above,. its too risky. It costs 0$ to get verified and eases ALOT of mind's when transacting with one another. Sorry this isn't helpful information, Just agreeing with diamond.

You will "help" him become whole? Like you are doing him a favor?

Even if it is true that ALL of the accounts mentioned above by DK got hacked... Why does Xuande have to wait to get "sorted out". This is your problem and not his. If this happened to me, to keep my integrity and out of respect, I would have made Xuande whole and I would deal with the problem during my own time and wait for the bank to reimburse me for this "fraud".
Just to answer this: I reported the charges as fraud to my bank, because at the time I did not know what they were for. At that time, my card was disactivated and it was going to take a few days to get a new one. Thus, I had to either A: Wait for the card to come in, or B: Figure out an alternative payment method.

Ultimately, we were able to figure out an alternative payment method to make him whole.

That is what I meant by getting things "sorted out".

Thank you.

EDIT: Card still hasn't come in, but you can believe I'll be going premium verified once it is.

Last edited:
Style,

As promised I have revised one feedback and deleted the other. I stand by this edit and believe that it's fair. Note that I'm trusting that, somehow, you got hit with a trifecta hack even though the receiving character was the same one that you requested Krono from Diamond Krono from on Nov 26, 2021.
Please never contact me again through any medium. Get verified. Thanks.

1680646171679.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back