• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Thunderfury on redguides is a scammer, no impersonator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks341

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I see Thunderfury has made a post claiming people are impersonating him, but that is not the case.

Thunderfury has stolen $370 from me directly. We made arrangements for a sale of a large sum of plat, for $370. Now, using the skype name thunderfury, he asked me to head to t2, and that once I paid him on paypal he would pay me the plat in game. Now, I'm no dummy, I realize this could be an impersonator so I ask skype thunderfury to send me a PM approval message on redguides, to prove he is who he says he is. Within 5 minutes, I receive a Private message from redguides user 'Thunderfury' with subject title 'PM confirmation' with text 'PM'd'. Then I receive a message from skype thunderfury 'Okay, the pm is sent'. I respond to the pm 'Great, looking forward to the transaction, I'll send the $370 shortly now that I know its you. Lets give each other positive feedback when this is over'.

So, I send the money to the paypal address he gave me, and show proof of the money sent. He makes me wait half an hour, then says sorry, he is almost ready. I wait another 30-45 minutes, he once again pushes it back saying he's almost ready. First off, I'm already upset he didn't have the money ready to go when I sent him, how messed up is that? He continues (ALL NIGHT) to push back the time and say he's almost ready, absolutely unbelievable behavior. Then he just ignores me outright. My money's gone, I did not receive anything for it, and this happened because I trusted someone with 21 feedback of 100%. Now apparently redguides' thunderfury is trying to claim its not him? Bull. Complete bull, don't fall for it. The proof is there. I had never talked to thunderfury on redguides, ever, no contact whatsoever. Then after receiving a message on skype that he will send a pm confirmation, within 5 minutes the redguides user thunderfury sends me a message titled 'pm confirmation. Who in their right mind would believe this is coincidence? I have screenshots with timestamps to prove all of this, beginning to end. Don't fall for his lies, Thunderfury is a scammer! He needs to have his account banned, I need to have the money taken out of my bank account reversed, and I'm even considering taking legal action against him, $370 is a lot of money to me.

Here is the log of my conversation with Jacks.

ok np just let me know once you sent PM will log in and check it all you have to say is ready for trade and im happy with that
[00:04:26] Stoic: done
[00:04:53] Stoic: gimme a few changing IP
[00:04:59] hanseen23: ok
[00:05:11] Stoic: sec actually ill wait for main comp to load up
[00:05:44] hanseen23: ok
[00:08:05] Stoic: k main comp is doing a full review of the system for some reason so need to change IP on this one gimme a few
[00:08:47] hanseen23: np going to run to store real fast should take no more then 10 mins
[00:09:01] Stoic: kk perfect
[00:09:04] hanseen23: gettig some food for fight
[00:09:08] hanseen23: heh
[00:21:12] Stoic: when we finish dont give me feedback btw
[00:21:26] Stoic: and also I will give u feedback but not for the next couple days
[00:21:34] Stoic: so there is no timestamp match for the deal
[00:27:40] Stoic: im ready whenever
[00:35:54] Stoic: k write me when your back and we can do this
[02:48:15] Stoic: K off to bed since u seem afk
[10:27:07] Stoic: I'm around now again?

This is the conversation I had last night with skype user live:del******andt. what happened after this I cannot understand. I did indeed send a PM confirming who I am to jacks but only from the Sur_gaming skype. I do not understand how you have ended up talking to another person after our conversation. Please link the skype conversation you had here. and the profile name of that skype user.

Furthermore my paypal is Palp*****[email protected] (censured a few to not make it public) It used to be called Ste*******ail.com but changed due to the country shift about which I posted clearly at the time and is mentioned in my sales thread.

I am verified on paypal, and I can asure you that you did not issue payment to these paypal accounts. and I am afraid that you have at some point been convinced by a scammer that you where dealing with me when you where in fact not.

Please post the skype conversation you had with the person while dealing, and their corresponding profile name. Not username as that can be changed. right click their name in your contacts list and click "view profile" to see their profile name which cannot be changed.

I would like to see full emails please, nothing has to be confidential. I also want to know your paypal email too thunderfury (PM it). We have to to get this figured out or there will be a massive banwave coming from this. If you don't want to loose all that valuable plat or items or even chars id reconsider helping each other out on skype or priv masg. Id hate to see all those people u did business with go down with you (Thunderfury).

My skype name is (robert.rosen33) , his is (jacks341), thunderfurys is (hanseen23) which i did business I would like ur paypal email on a private message. Then we can go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the log of my conversation with Jacks.

ok np just let me know once you sent PM will log in and check it all you have to say is ready for trade and im happy with that
[00:04:26] Stoic: done
[00:04:53] Stoic: gimme a few changing IP
[00:04:59] hanseen23: ok
[00:05:11] Stoic: sec actually ill wait for main comp to load up
[00:05:44] hanseen23: ok
[00:08:05] Stoic: k main comp is doing a full review of the system for some reason so need to change IP on this one gimme a few
[00:08:47] hanseen23: np going to run to store real fast should take no more then 10 mins
[00:09:01] Stoic: kk perfect
[00:09:04] hanseen23: gettig some food for fight
[00:09:08] hanseen23: heh
[00:21:12] Stoic: when we finish dont give me feedback btw
[00:21:26] Stoic: and also I will give u feedback but not for the next couple days
[00:21:34] Stoic: so there is no timestamp match for the deal
[00:27:40] Stoic: im ready whenever
[00:35:54] Stoic: k write me when your back and we can do this
[02:48:15] Stoic: K off to bed since u seem afk
[10:27:07] Stoic: I'm around now again?

This is the conversation I had last night with skype user live:del******andt. what happened after this I cannot understand. I did indeed send a PM confirming who I am to jacks but only from the Sur_gaming skype. I do not understand how you have ended up talking to another person after our conversation. Please link the skype conversation you had here. and the profile name of that skype user.

Furthermore my paypal is Palp*****[email protected] (censured a few to not make it public) It used to be called Ste*******ail.com but changed due to the country shift about which I posted clearly at the time and is mentioned in my sales thread.

I am verified on paypal, and I can asure you that you did not issue payment to these paypal accounts. and I am afraid that you have at some point been convinced by a scammer that you where dealing with me when you where in fact not.

Please post the skype conversation you had with the person while dealing, and their corresponding profile name. Not username as that can be changed. right click their name in your contacts list and click "view profile" to see their profile name which cannot be changed.

I also want to say that you just lied about your paypal account, you forgot the [email protected], Lies will not get you anywhere. being truthful at this point will help this situation.

Who ever this scumbag is 'talorgang23' or thunderfury, I sold them some plat last night and logged into paypal today and the money is on hold and pending reversal because of 'unauthorized payment'.. I have called paypal and told them the details of everything and should be ok, but this guy is a scamming piece of shit who needs to be taken off the forums!

His paypal email is [email protected]
came up by the name of Greg Woodward

the funny thing about this transaction is, I actually sold items/plat to that "Greg Woodward" with the same email, a year ago.. ( I recognized the name once money was sent, so checked back in my payment history and there he was for an even bigger purchase then this one, which that one was successful..)

Thunderfury is a piece of shit.

I have bought from Thunderfury, within the last two weeks and had no issues whatsoever. I gave him the money upfront, and he delivered two items to me. Not sure what is going on here.

he used his Saur_gaming skype, along with his name being Stoic.

Listen everyone,

This will be sorted out by the admins once they receive logs of everything that happened. It appears possible that a single mass-scammer was contacting both myself, thunder, and eqbuff simultaneously, and played us all against each other in a clever way. It is also possible thunderfury is a scammer. At this time, we can only look at the current evidence and try to work it out. Eqbuff and I are working on skype sharing screenshots of everything we have access too, anyone else involved please PM myself or EQbuff and provide us with as much information as you can. We know this bastard's paypal email address due to a slip-up he made, and are working with Paypal authorities to find out more information on him, and they are threatening to take legal action against this individual.

For safety, until this is cleared up, do not deal with thunderfury, however, innocent until proven beyond all doubt guilty, alright? Hang tight.

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Listen everyone,

This will be sorted out by the admins once they receive logs of everything that happened. It appears possible that a single mass-scammer was contacting both myself, thunder, and eqbuff simultaneously, and played us all against each other in a clever way. It is also possible thunderfury is a scammer. At this time, we can only look at the current evidence and try to work it out. Eqbuff and I are working on skype sharing screenshots of everything we have access too, anyone else involved please PM myself or EQbuff and provide us with as much information as you can. We know this bastard's paypal email address due to a slip-up he made, and are working with Paypal authorities to find out more information on him, and they are threatening to take legal action against this individual.

For safety, until this is cleared up, do not deal with thunderfury, however, innocent until proven beyond all doubt guilty, alright? Hang tight.

respect to the scammer that fooled 3 people at once though, takes some serious skills

talorgang23 is thunderfury(not the forum name, the skype name, betty.davis121, not [email protected] - i have a list of his paypal accounts, and paypal is investigating his IP's as we speak and locking all his accounts. He scammed me as well.

People are using his name to get customers, he is 100% fine if your reading this. I will
Keep this up to make sure everyone is aware of this please check if he's the real thunder first and be careful. I will give out more details in a little

- - - Updated - - -

People are using his name to get customers, he is 100% fine if your reading this. I will
Keep this up to make sure everyone is aware of this please check if he's the real thunder first and be careful. I will give out more details in a little

An update, one of his emails he uses on paypal is [email protected]. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO HIM Also Radguide did post a list of names he uses on skype do not do business with them or even talk to em

To those scammed: please PM me some information.

1) The email of the person who scammed you.
2) The forum name they claimed to be.
3) Their IP address (if they emailed you, check the originating IP)
4) any other useful information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back