• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Sold me a banned account - refusing to reimburse (1 Viewer)

nyc13

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
yougotme
When did the issue occur?
August 10, 2018
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/various-accounts.66115/
Value of property in dispute
$500
I have had a lot of different conversations with Yougotme with respect to accounts on P99. Always pleasant, seemed like a really good seller especially because they're verified and had positive feedback on their record. We hadn't been able to come to an agreement on the price of accounts previously, so we'd never done an actual transaction before, but I kept appraised of what they had available.

Last week, I was discussing with them about an account on P99 Blue that they had available with a very well-geared Monk and a Warrior, both max level. Yougotme told me the Monk was extremely well geared, had a Guide of the Deceiver, etc. Ultimately, I agreed to send them $500 via Paypal for the account. I paid and received the log in details for an account from Yougotme. However, when I went to log into the account a short while later, it said it was banned. I hadn't even logged into the account once.

I messaged Yougotme about this and they said they had no idea why it was banned since they had logged into it earlier that afternoon. They went to confirm that the log in did not work. Subsequently, I received a message from Yougotme claiming that every single account they owned on P99 had been banned (apparently within the past like hour). I asked for my money back, but Yougotme is refusing and claiming that I had something to do with all of their accounts being banned. Putting aside the fact that I had no idea what other accounts they had, since we had not discussed them, I'm not sure why I would send someone $500 in order to ban their account(s)? If I had that kind of power to just ban all of their accounts, why wouldn't I just do that rather than sending them $500?

I have filed a dispute with Paypal as well as my bank alleging a fraudulent transaction. However, I wanted to file a dispute here as well because this is completely unfair to sell me a banned account and refuse to pay me back. I even offered to let them keep $100 of the money because I felt really bad for them that all of their stuff got banned (although I'm not sure I believe that anymore). I just want my money back now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back