• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

So, this? SQ/A requirement for account transfers? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to be eligible for an account to account transfer, you must do the following:
Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number.
Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address.

that seems intense

new xfer rules yes, but they don't seem to be an issue. you can use the buyer's tel# on both accounts i believe and just set up the 2 step then change the tel# on the source account back after you're done, right? same with email. this is actually kinda neat because they are no longer requiring old billing info, which was a huge hurdle. as for the sqa, as long as the destination account buyer sets it and doesn't tell the seller, it should still be secure. it doesn't say that you need to provide both SQ answers.

i read it really quickly though... i'll have to try one! i feel like this won't be hard to cheese with skype, or even just fast PMs.

new xfer rules yes, but they don't seem to be an issue. you can use the buyer's tel# on both accounts i believe and just set up the 2 step then change the tel# on the source account back after you're done, right? same with email. this is actually kinda neat because they are no longer requiring old billing info, which was a huge hurdle. as for the sqa, as long as the destination account buyer sets it and doesn't tell the seller, it should still be secure. it doesn't say that you need to provide both SQ answers.

i read it really quickly though... i'll have to try one!

seems possible to do that, they let you change phone number and disable 2 step authentication, so shouldnt be an issue.

to answer the threads question, yes. with these new rules looks like sq/sa is required for transfers

I just started one tonight. Not very hard really and I'm hoping it will get done tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated.

Transferring to fresh accounts should still be okay then I suppose, just a different method. I recently transferred a toon to the buyers account, which obviously can still happen but the buyer has to be much more trusting to change all his account info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back