• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Policy Should "reply bumping" sales threads be against the rules? (1 Viewer)

Shall EC Tunnel create a rule against "reply bumping" in sales thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
"Reply bumping" is a method to increase the visibility of a thread in certain parts of the site by writing a reply. "Reply bumping" should not be confused with our custom "bump" system which has a hard limit on the amount of bumps (pushing threads to the top of the list) per day.

A natural reply to a thread would be excused.

This proposed rule was suggested and discussed prior to this poll:

Last edited:
Even better. How about just making it so that replies do not bump a thread and only bumps from the bump button do.
That would be nice, however mods want to handle it manually. Implementing the fix you mentioned would require constant updates to the forum.
Is doing all that worth the effort to please the one or two people who may have complained. I doubt it warrants the time.
I don't see a problem with anyone bumping their own threads, everyone does it.

I find the issue insignificant, bumping the front page lasts 10 minutes at best. Imo a non issue.
I voted yes for a fix considering it isn't my time, and I suppose a few traders will end up pleased. I just feel bad for the mods.

If you remove bumping you just increase the amount of posts on the forums. Which increase data usage and complicates the searching for old posts. It’s whatever to me as I don’t really care one way or another but as a admin I would feel that it would create more headache to have a 1000 more threads being created vs a old threat being bumped.

For clarity:

Replies don't bump a thread to the top of any forum thread list. We have our own "bump" system for that, which doesn't require replies.

Again, replying will not bump your thread to the top of the thread list in any forum.

Replying does bump your thread to the top in other locations, such as discord, homepage, special filtered sections, which people are complaining to the moderators about in private.

That would be nice, however mods want to handle it manually. Implementing the fix you mentioned would require constant updates to the forum.
Is doing all that worth the effort to please the one or two people who may have complained. I doubt it warrants the time.
I don't see a problem with anyone bumping their own threads, everyone does it.

I find the issue insignificant, bumping the front page lasts 10 minutes at best. Imo a non issue.
I voted yes for a fix considering it isn't my time, and I suppose a few traders will end up pleased. I just feel bad for the mods.
Ah didn't realize. Thought it would be a somewhat ez fix. I don't care either way tbh as like you said it hardly matters overall.

IF this was the issue (where only YOU replying to your thread bumped it); however, the problem here is the 'fake/new accounts' or 'friends' accounts' that are CONSTANTLY replying to each other's threads that RUINS the intent for everyone...
Even better. How about just making it so that replies do not bump a thread and only bumps from the bump button do.
I like the line of thought here; where NO replies move the threads up on ANY page... that said, the site offers MORE BUMPS for purchase, thus making the site some cash on the side... and I think THAT alone pleases those who want to buy the EXTRA bumps and for the admins who would like to make a few more $$$$, which I think is 100% worth their time

p.s.-- I was NOT one of the ones complaining, but as a trader here and there on this site, it is NOTICEABLE WHO and HOW OFTEN they abuse the REPLY bumping... WHICH is why I voted YES for this change!

Have a great day y'all! :)

and I think THAT alone pleases those who want to buy the EXTRA bumps and for the admins who would like to make a few more $$$$, which I think is 100% worth their time
The issue is you have no idea what their time is worth. Mods already stated it is not easy to keep up with. They aren't going that route, for that reason.
It's not as though they are going to read this and have an "ahaw" moment like "Hey, it really is worth our time!" In the most respectful way, you're preaching to the quire.

The input is in the right place though, I guess a few people think it's an issue. Good on you for speaking your opinions and trying to make everyone in the world happy.

The mere fact that the mods are entertaining a fix for this is a testament to their patience. You might even say honorable, but unfortunately it's still probably a loss for them in the end.

The input is in the right place though, I guess a few people think it's an issue. Good on you for speaking your opinions and trying to make everyone in the world happy.
The "few" that pushed the issue for more bumps because they needed more top/front page time... just saying bud... concerns will be different for everyone *shrug*...

p.s.-- you're right though, I am not one to dictate what money value is actually worth it to them... but I know those 'few' whether it was the 'more bumps for sale' or addressing the CONSTANT reply bumps (therefore mitigating the purchase power and income)... are appreciated by each with the concerns :)

Holy Cow, there is more than a "few" voting on this... the most I've seen by far in my time here on ECTunnel! I will admit the community participation is cool to see :)

Off to dinner, peace, love, chicken grease!

Here's the text, if any yes-voters think it should be worded differently let me know.

When contributing, you may not reply to a sales thread with the sole intention of increasing its visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back