• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Report Seller reclaimed or sold compromised account. (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Hapkidokid
When did the issue occur?
June to July of 2023
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/conversations/wts-epic-caster-acct.608670/#convMessage-1683143
Value of property in dispute
$750-1000
On December 4th 2022 I purchased an account for p99 green, transaction went fine account was as stated other than an sms was saved to account. (Red Flad) Which I learned after I sent money. Seller explained to not change info right away and give it some time, another red flag. Logged into account everything said was there was there most info was done through discord. Around June or July I logged on and character was moved, the next day the info had been changed for the account. Tried to contact seller on discord and it had been deleted of course. After contacting him on ECTunnel he asked why I didn’t reach out sooner. Why I didn’t is after you lose 1000 dollars and know your not getting a refund or account back as was you purchased it you feel sick. I have ever conversation we had and can screenshot any of the conversations for proof. I hope this don’t happen to anyone else. I trusted him and got burned for it.

1700604341383.png

States pretty clearly there was NO number attached to the account / he was the original owner.

EDIT: Hopefully all his other postings aren't about to be a in similar situation...

If all information above is correct, you might consider leaving feedback to prevent further mayhem until moderators get around to flagging the account.
It can sometimes take a few hours or more to investigate/flag.

screenshots of discord when transaction took place. My personal name and the account information is blacked out. Where he requested to call me is when I was informed there had already been an sms saved to the account after money was sent.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 12
Screenshot of our recent conversation.

Yeah that's absolute bullshit. He should have NEVER sold an account if he shared the information with anyone else. Period.

I'm sure it's too late to call your bank and dispute the charges; let's hope he makes things right by refunding you. Otherwise, you have that character / account information, and P99 doesn't take sold accounts lightly. (Reach out to a GM there and get his whole damn guild banned)

Also, since he is verified, the admin here have his personal information on file, (they'll dox him publicly here for us to see) and depending on what state he lives in, $1000 might be considered a felony. Can always file a report with his local Police Department.

These steps may seem extreme, but if he doesn't fix this; just giving you some additional options outside of ECT to follow up through. I think the fact he's selling accounts that he's been sharing with random buddies of his (admitted) is automatically a scam. The fact he's blaming it on his "buddy" is crap. This is entirely his responsibility. So all we can do now is wait for his response until the mods here say otherwise.

Again, sorry this happened.

Also a sidenote; he's been online since this has been posted because he changed the privacy of his profile so no one can view it. I checked his postings last night and had no problem viewing his profile, now it's unavailable unless you do a manual search for him. Just stating that he is definitely aware of this, and ignoring it.

He already stole from you. Are you going to trust him to not scam more or to wait for him to pop another buyer?

I wouldn't. If you will then I have a pretty big bridge I'd like to sell you.

Yeah that's absolute bullshit. He should have NEVER sold an account if he shared the information with anyone else. Period.

I'm sure it's too late to call your bank and dispute the charges; let's hope he makes things right by refunding you. Otherwise, you have that character / account information, and P99 doesn't take sold accounts lightly. (Reach out to a GM there and get his whole damn guild banned)

Also, since he is verified, the admin here have his personal information on file, (they'll dox him publicly here for us to see) and depending on what state he lives in, $1000 might be considered a felony. Can always file a report with his local Police Department.

These steps may seem extreme, but if he doesn't fix this; just giving you some additional options outside of ECT to follow up through. I think the fact he's selling accounts that he's been sharing with random buddies of his (admitted) is automatically a scam. The fact he's blaming it on his "buddy" is crap. This is entirely his responsibility. So all we can do now is wait for his response until the mods here say otherwise.

Again, sorry this happened.
I wont and will never take this to p99 , this is on him and he’s aware. What the moderators decide hear best I’m sure, and he does seem to want to fix this . I just hope it does not happen again to anyone else.

Understand completely. Let's hope he honors that.

As a (prior) account seller though, the mere fact he's selling accounts that he's shared with random people is a huge no-no. To me, that in and of itself is a complete scam; regardless of whether he refunds you or not. I say that because it lowers the standards set-forth by this site. If you say you are the only one who has had access to the account, and that turns out to be false, it cheapens the entire meaning of why we have to fill out the fields required to sell accounts. Again though, I completely agree this is entirely up to the moderators; I can only offer advice / my own personal opinions.

EDIT: If this was legitimately a mistake, he would have refunded / made you whole immediately. IE; this post wouldn't have ever been made if his intentions were good.

I couldn’t agree more, he broke my trust if I had to take a $1000 dollar hit to make sure it don’t happen again I will. if he does refund me which is what seems he really wants to do, I can say at least he’s sticking to the refund policy he has on the add how ever it should have never been sold and an sms should not have been on account prior to me buying. but I’m waiting mostly for the moderators at this point. I just wanted the public to see and be aware. I should have done this sooner like back in June or july when it took place. For that I’m sorry. Hopefully I’m the only case.

@Sic

Sorry to bother you Sic; mind throwing a warning Tag on Hapkidokid to prevent more people from attempting transactions with him while this is going on? Guessing people are off for Thanksgiving.

There's also another Unverified member here that's beginning a scam-spree. Myself or DK can fill you in on more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back