• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report Scmed (1 Viewer)

rashidalmarri

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Jo0hn
When did the issue occur?
9/13/18
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/epic-and-geared-bard-epic-and-geared-ranger.66986/
Value of property in dispute
48 krono
this guy replied to my thread about me wanting to buy a ranger and wrote down all the gear he had for sale and we agreed on 45 krono. On the day the transaction had to go down he told me in game his char has a zlandicar talisman which is worth 30krono and if I could pitch in any extra even though that was inclusive of the 45 krono deal. So I added an extra 3 krono. He sent me the info of the account which was all incorrect and logged off his character. Don’t think I will ever use this website again. Just wanted people to be aware of this trash. By the way from the gear he linked and the profiles on Magelo I think this player is Xelf from eastern coalition.

By me doing that I simply flagged coinstop into the thread, that is all :)

I do recall doing business in the past, again, sorry that you ran into this issue :(

So you gave 48 kronos to a newly joined, unverified member with just 2 feedbacks (from the same person) and you didn’t think this was very risky?
Yes I did, I realize it was a stupid thing. But I also thought this website take good measures against scammers. Anyways it is what it is. I just wish this person isn’t able to make another account on this website so others don’t fall victim.

Tbh I’ll definately make use of the third man policy thing but I wonder, if I’m buying an account, does the middle man try to login the account to verify details and items are as what was posted in the conversation?

Cause even in this case if I had a middle man, if the middle man doesn’t try to login the account being sold then we will never know if the account information is true or not.

Middle men log in from the description I read of the services. I don’t know how in depth they go.

This website does take some measures against scammers. One of those is verification. It makes scams less likely and shuts down repeat offenders. The bastard also gets doxxed. Unfortunately that person isn’t verified.

Hope things work out and it is just a misunderstanding.

banned. likely a repeat scammer, they used an VPN exclusively.

It's a pattern: they sign up, get decent feedback, then pull off a big scam. Repeat.

We have two defenses against this:
1) Verification
2) Middle Man

I recommend using at least one of those.

I've said it once I'll say it again, if you are a newer user or even an existing user and want/need advice about a transaction there are plenty of sellers on here myself included, that would gladly help you out. I have no problem if people message me asking if I know something about said user or if a deal sounds fishy. I am an established seller and I still ask other sellers their perspective on things when they seem a little off to me. As Redbot said there is always Coinstop's middleman service which is through ECT, and of course becoming Verified, which is highly recommended to everyone doing any RMT, as it gives a seller general peace of mind!

Some of my basic rules:
I will not allow a "buyer" to log into my account before purchase.
I will not accept any payment other than PayPal F&F, if someone sends me a regular payment by mistake, I refund it and kindly ask them to resend it. If they are outside the US resend it as "Gift".
I will never deliver anything before payment is showing in my PayPal, keep in mind sometimes there is a delay, be patient.
If something seems too good to be true, generally it is.

This isn't a massive community, many users here know of or each other, there are several tools such as mods, verification, discord ect ect ect use them! I have been doing this for quite sometime and have yet to be scammed. Lucky? Maybe, but I also have my rules that I follow that seem to work well. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to PayPal F&F I understand most sellers prefer that method but I’m currently based in Dubai and PayPal in this region does not have the option of F&F. I would just like to know how does the option F&F differ from payment for services?

I've said it once I'll say it again, if you are a newer user or even an existing user and want/need advice about a transaction there are plenty of sellers on here myself included, that would gladly help you out. I have no problem if people message me asking if I know something about said user or if deal sounds fishy, to find out my perspective. I am an established seller and I ask other sellers their perspective on things seem a little off to me. As Redbot said there is always Coinstop's middleman service which is through ECT, and of course becoming Verified, which is highly recommended to everyone doing any RMT, as it gives a seller general peace of mind!

Some of my basic rules:
I will not allow a "buyer" to log into my account before purchase.
I will not accept any payment other than PayPal F&F, if someone sends me a regular payment by mistake, I refund it and kindly ask them to resend it.
I will never deliver anything before payment is showing in my PayPal, keep in mind sometimes there is a delay, be patient.
If something seems too good to be true, generally it is.

This isn't a massive community, many users here know of or each other, there are several tools such as mods, verification, discord ect ect ect use them! I have been doing this for quite sometime and have yet to be scammed. Lucky? Maybe, but I also have my rules that I follow that seem to work well. Hope this helps.

xoxo for prez 2020.

With regards to PayPal F&F I understand most sellers prefer that method but I’m currently based in Dubai and PayPal in this region does not have the option of F&F. I would just like to know how does the option F&F differ from payment for services?
FnF prevents said party from filing a dispute or doing a charge back

Yea, a buyer from Asia once told me he couldn’t send by PayPal F&F either. But since the amount was small, I told him just send it as for payment for goods & services. If the amount was larger, I might have requested him to pay by amazon gift card. The buyer would simply send me the E gift card code(s). Each code I believe is up to $100. So for a $300 transaction for example would require three separate codes.

Last edited:

If you are outside the US The EU members that buy from me use gift.

After reading about what you said about Dubai etc, I remember now our conversation months ago when you purchased a character. I was very suspicious of said fact, but i let you send it regardless and it worked out just fine :)
A side from the recent incident, I hope all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back