• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Suspicious scammed by temowat? (1 Viewer)

bravo19

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
temowat
When did the issue occur?
9/9/2018
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/selling-bis-chanter-coirnav.66958/
Value of property in dispute
381.55 cad or 300 us
being safe than sorry, ill make it quick and easy,
yesterday sent money for the chanter listed in link. all day he advised he recieved nothing
just contacted paypal this afternoon twice to make sure, both reps said he has recieved payment on his end when i sent it yesterday
admins if u have access to my Pms, just read our conversation.
---conversation 1----
PayPal : Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly
Emily : Hi! Thanks for using Chat to contact us today! My name is Emily, How can I assist you today?
cody : hi!
cody : im trying to figure out if the sender has recieved a payment have sent
cody : im in contact with them and they are saying they havent recieved anything can you confirm by chance?
cody : Transaction ID 4NL48795W6951014G
Emily : What was the date and the amount of the transaction you are referring to?
cody : yesterday, sept 9..311.91 to CAD 396.71
Emily : I can confirm that this payment has been completed.
cody : okay, was it completed to him today or yesterday?
Emily : Yesterday September 9th.
cody : ok thanks you
Emily : You are welcome.
----conversation 2-----

PayPal : Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly
Jessica : Hi! My name is Jessica, thanks for taking the time to contact PayPal today. How can I assist today?
cody : Hi i sent a payment to someone but they are saying they havent recieved it. can you confirm that its not stuck in translation or if they have recieved it on their end?
Jessica : how much was the payment?
cody : September 9, **** Terrence Mowat -negative $396.71 CAD
Jessica : I show it was sent successfully.
cody : okay how about recieved on his end? my end says he should have it by today
Jessica : when it's marked as completed, it means it was put into a paypal account so they should see it on their side.
cody : okay great thanks

Hes just acting suspicious, being safe than sorry, if its a misunderstanding on my part ill happily close everything once recieved

Edit- no Reply from him all day today either

Last edited:
300 usd for a BIS chanter should have been a redflag in itself bud. Naked level 60s sell for more than that o_O

Same thing on my end here, Sent first $300 USD at about noon on Sunday and was in touch both through the site and through the email showing on paypal that matched up with name here. What action if any are we supposed to take at this point?

I think you guys have access to my PM history with Temowat on this transaction. I started at $250, then went up to $300 b/c based on looking around that seemed like a more fair price (recent post for chanter was selling at $175, semi well geared was $250 - epic seemed like an extra $50 worth? I thought him being verified with multiple transactions meant something... maybe he got hacked?

$300 seems more than fair for a Coirnav geared 60, particularly an Enchanter. Especially from a Verified and Premium member with nothing but positive feedback. The few people selling naked toons for $500 aren’t getting that price.

Wish you guys luck, but if you paid PayPal Friends and Family it’s akin to giving someone cash.

I got scammed last week for much less but PayPal couldn’t do anything with it and my bank wouldn’t either. My transaction was not with a Verified member but was with a premium member with good feedback.

Will be interested to see if you can get this person’s info and what comes of it. Good luck guys.

Last edited:
Yeah it is what it is - I am disputing with Paypal and I just chock it up to part of doing business. You win some you lose some.

As much as you think they don't sell for that price, you are very mistaken. People pay based on the fact they know they wont be scammed and will have no issues with the account. Period.

If you wanna buy these BIS toons for 2-300, Lemme know how it works out.

Level 50's are 2-300 but nice try!

There are plenty of epic level 60 characters actually being sold by verified members in the 300-400 range, and several right now.

Obviously, some classes are more in demand and can fetch more. I’ve gotten $250 for a couple of level 50 Druids and a Rogue.

The point here is these guys were scammed by a Verified and Premium member with 100 positive feedback.

Good luck guys, I always wish everyone here the best!

Last edited:
This is why I had suggested to use a middleman for larger transactions, either here or at another site. Verified seller or not, why should the buyer take all the risk.

Last edited:
yesterday sent money for the chanter listed in link. all day he advised he recieved nothing
just contacted paypal this afternoon twice to make sure, both reps said he has recieved payment on his end when i sent it yesterday
---conversation 1----
Emily : Hi! Thanks for using Chat to contact us today! My name is Emily, How can I assist you today?
cody : hi!
cody : im trying to figure out if the sender has recieved a payment have sent
cody : im in contact with them and they are saying they havent recieved anything can you confirm by chance?
cody : Transaction ID 4NL48795W6951014G
Emily : What was the date and the amount of the transaction you are referring to?
cody : yesterday, sept 9..311.91 to CAD 396.71
Emily : I can confirm that this payment has been completed.
cody : okay, was it completed to him today or yesterday?
Emily : Yesterday September 9th.
cody : ok thanks you
Emily : You are welcome.
----conversation 2-----

Jessica : Hi! My name is Jessica, thanks for taking the time to contact PayPal today. How can I assist today?
cody : Hi i sent a payment to someone but they are saying they havent recieved it. can you confirm that its not stuck in translation or if they have recieved it on their end?
Jessica : how much was the payment?
cody : September 9, **** Terrence Mowat -negative $396.71 CAD
Jessica : I show it was sent successfully.
cody : okay how about recieved on his end? my end says he should have it by today
Jessica : when it's marked as completed, it means it was put into a paypal account so they should see it on their side.
cody : okay great thanks

Hes just acting suspicious, being safe than sorry, if its a misunderstanding on my part ill happily close everything once recieved

In the future, don't agree to pay them by Paypal friends & family. Not sure if you did that here or not, but it prevents you from disputing the charge if something goes wrong. I learned my lesson there.

Update: According to Temowat he has issued a refund to the 3 parties he was involved with [currently awaiting confirmation from the buyers] and mentioned that he has been in the hospital. (his lack of logging in goes along with that). Hope everything is cleared up now.

As always feel free to use the middleman service guys, I'm always certain to make sure both the buyer and the seller is safe in all transactions!

Last edited:

@Coinstop - Im confused, if he was in the hospital, why didn't he state that from the beginning instead of saying, a payment was not received for over 24+ hrs?

Just to make your life harder /bonk
<3

@Coinstop - Im confused, if he was in the hospital, why didn't he state that from the beginning instead of saying, a payment was not received for over 24+ hrs?

Just to make your life harder /bonk
<3
Your point here is valid and I'm hoping it isnt just a stall tactic on sellers part of he is waiting for funds to clear. Is also feel bad if was in the hospital, but how does that explain selling to two buyers at once on the same day? The timeframes and messages still dont add up, but if he was intentionally scamming he also has no reason to speak up now so why would he? I am also /boggle at this point.

If this is true, then what difference does it make if he was in the hospital or not as he purposely intended to scam by selling the same account to two people.

Last edited:
If this is true, then what difference does it make if he was in the hospital or not as he purposely intended to scam by selling the same account to two people.

That's exactly what it sounds like. He intended to scam all parties involved then changed his mind at the last moment.

Your point here is valid and I'm hoping it isnt just a stall tactic on sellers part of he is waiting for funds to clear. Is also feel bad if was in the hospital, but how does that explain selling to two buyers at once on the same day? The timeframes and messages still dont add up, but if he was intentionally scamming he also has no reason to speak up now so why would he? I am also /boggle at this point.
Do you guys have access to time of when he was online on the server that should tell you enough

I can 100%tell you he was delaying us.when I talked to paypal they said the money had cleared as soon as I sent it. Temowat said otherwise

Temowat has responded and is handling the matter privately with the users. One refund has been issued, we're waiting on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back