• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

RMT Ban Wave on P99 - 2/15/15 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Dear traders, I want to start by expressing my condolences for any of you that received bans. For those that escaped, I salute you.

A bad apple ruined the bunch today. The entire community is now experiencing a dark day because of the ranting of one guy.

I myself have managed to escape unscathed. The majority of my customers who only utilize my services and follow my recommended security procedures also escaped. As far as I can tell none of my methods have gotten anybody banned.

So as of now, I am still in the game. What stock I have is already almost depleted as it still being purchased following the wave by some who had lost and some were purchasing for first time.

At this stage, supply will be low as some suppliers were hit. I find it best to not poke the bear and proceed cautiously for the time.

Condolences once again to my fellow traders that went down today.

Last edited:
Re: Ban Wave

Posted on p99,

Today during this quick maintenance we are banning approximately 440 Accounts for RMT Activity. This is the result of work tracking down multiple major resellers, their buyers, and suppliers.

I can't believe that I have to keep telling everyone to stop doing this. It's the same websites that people are using too. These people don't care if you get banned. They make their money and laugh about it.

And to address the extra special needs tinfoil hatters, would I be making announcements like this telling everyone NOT TO DO IT if the staff were involved? Think about it.

Just FYI, RedGuides doesn't make money hosting this particular forum. The little we get from account verifications isn't enough to pay for the bandwidth you p99 dudes use from the constant F5's. Not that it's a problem, we like having you guys here. We want anyone who likes EQ on RedGuides.

And yes, I do care about people getting banned from P99. I care so much that for shits and giggles, I purchased plat from a *major reseller* and had him give it away randomly to normal players. I also encouraged others to do the same for the last few months,

• Obfuscate your purchase - If you have multiple accounts (instructions in the EQEmu Underground forum), accept your purchases on an alt account, and then make some poor "trades" to your main account as well as a few random players.
(from our stickied safety thread)

I heard a few even did this to their enemies. So if everything went to plan, there should be a good number of innocent accounts banned today, who did nothing more than click "accept" when someone they didn't know put 10k in their trade window.

Now stop playing an incestuous emu run by GMs and their favorite guildies and come back to EQ live, where your real character lives.

Last edited:
i handed out alot of actual free plat at the NFP bank just so there would be added confusion if this ever did happen. so feel free to say you were given free plat at the bank. if you did get banned feel free to try saying these things.

edit: this was on red.

edit: gave alot of free items in RV aswell.

Seems I still have all of my accounts and all my sold account are unharmed as well, bar 1. 1 of them got caught in this wave and I have no idea how that happened. Seeing however that it is only one I must conclude that something must have happened in game outside my power as they where all sold in the same way. I will try and figure out how it happened to see if I can improve my methods. But seeing as the rest are fine I dont think its the method that there is anything wrong with.

My condolences to those who got caught.

regards.

Zzz, got banned myself for purchasing twice. I understand it, I do. I just wish it didn't happen so soon after purchasing. Oh well, I guess it is as good of a time as any to take a break. If only there was a plat sink in p99. It is impossible for new players to play when all others have thousands of plat worth of gear.

Just two. One guy didn't seem like he was doing it big time at all, and only did 7k plat a few months ago. The other one was Arcane1 about two weeks ago.

I got hit, was only a 1 time ever RMT deal on the account and it was a very low amount (10k), not through here, through a different external site platlord.com.

Last edited:
I got hit, was only a 1 time ever RMT deal on the account and it was a very low amount (10k), not through here, through a different external site, but not sure if I can share the name / link.

You're allowed to post other RMT sites here, we don't care.

P99 is a scam and they are all in on it, for them to use the defense that they told you not to do it is ridiculous. Do not fall for their trap.

P99 is a scam and they are all in on it, for them to use the defense that they told you not to do it is ridiculous. Do not fall for their trap.

heh, I wouldn't call it a scam. EQ Live could learn something from them about the power of nostalgia.

However, I wouldn't play on P99 or any emu server because the dev/player relationships always end up too close. Player-made drama is expected, but on emu servers you *always* see GMs & devs get involved and pick sides, and their buddies are often the highest-end players. This happens on UO emus, WoW emus, everywhere devs become part of the community. You can see it happening now with Rogaine publicly shaming certain guilds because a few members bought plat, while leaving the major suppliers of that plat (i.e. his friend's guilds) unmentioned and untouched.

I say leave P99 to the drama queens. To take out your frustrations, resurrect your EQ Live character, macro to lvl 100, then one-shot Trakanon and everything in Velious.

https://www.everquest.com/home

Last edited:
the reason derubael was kicked off staff and this RMT wave hit at the same time is no coincidence just FYI, all roads lead to rome. seems like rogean caught deru with his hand in the cookie jar. don't step out and take to much. p99 is a house of cards, one little thing and the ship can sink.

I got banned as well. Bought from Arcane a few days ago and had a few additional purchases from Platlord a few weeks ago as well. However, no one is to blame, it's an inherent risk that you will get caught when you RMT on p99. I knew there was a chance I'd get caught when I purchased plat. If you don't go into the purchase with some sense that there is a fair chance you may be caught, then you're may be pissed later on.

When newer players have some extra cash the allure of buying a little plat to get a jump start on p99 can be strong!

thecollector has some interesting thoughts above. I also tend to think the admins/people running p99 are profiting somehow behind the scenes. Either derubal was doing some RTM or he discovered that some other people running the server are making some money and/or RMT'ing and got the boot. I hope I am wrong but ya just never know.

Either way, until there is another classic everquest server the power hungry abusers that run the p99 show kind of have a monopoly, if you want to play on an EMU server where there is a decent number of people playing that is.

There are progression guilds on EQ Live that refuse all new expansions.

http://lostinprogression.com/ is one of them, they're just starting on Gates of Discord. There are new ones popping up all the time that stick to Velious and earlier.

If you don't go into the purchase with some sense that there is a fair chance you may be caught, then you're may be pissed later on.

This is something i go over with all my customers, as extensively as possible. And if thats not enough, when they get my invoice from paypal there is a huge warning there aswell.

Just acrane on p99 they even called out his thread here stating that he was responsible for about 185 accounts im not worried I knew the risk

So here is Rogean's response to this actual thread:

"I saw that and laughed my fucking ass off. That website is in such a panic mode right now deleting every post from anyone actually claiming to have been banned.

The person that specifically posted that message is one of the resellers we targetted. He's personally responsible for 185 of the accounts banned. His "methods" were far from anything special.

I like how they're also trying to blame this guy for starting it all: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=181646

As much as I'd like to say it only took us a few hours to compile a list of 440 accounts, it unfortunately took the better part of 10 days and 3 staff members to gather and verify all the information."

Awkward...

Panicked? Deleting posts? Haha!

Reagan that's cute you think your server is so important to us, but honestly nobody on staff cares. They spent the day working on eq live, I'm the only one who even read this thread. Nobody else here knows or cares about you torturing your little Sims.

Yes but most of it is simply not true, of the 5 accounts I sold on the server only 1 got banned. of the ones I have bought 0 are banned and I have also bought gear and items, I cant speak for anyone elses ways of selling, but stay anonymous and your safe. Watched sirkens video on the RMT where he give outs some pretty informative knowledge on how they detect stuff. Basically if you are buying from a guy who has a lot of activity you can get banned if that person happens to get identified in game. and these are of course the people they try to ID which is smart. But it is equivalent to the drug war, they do a big bust like this and show it front page as if it has stopped the RMTing. Far from it, and it has given the GMs so much work in following up on petitions from people trying to explain their way out, all of which are most likely guilty.

"it unfortunately took the better part of 10 days and 3 staff members to gather and verify all the information." Rogean says this almost with a smile on his face as if that's good. It tells us that is actually very difficult to ban people and that it will not be a common practice as it takes too many resources to do so.

If you don't get identified you don't get banned simple as that really.

VPN, Different accounts, scripted transaction WILL minimize damage on a ban wave like this. But yes, if you use the same IP, same account to sell to 200 people and your identified. your putting everyone you EVER sold to at risk.

All in all not too difficult to avoid getting banned or caught, only thing that would be nice is if we could also change name/accounts in here easily but that would put a lot of work on the staff here.

As far as I can gather as well, the only account with my involvement that got banned was also RMTing with other popular sellers. So to my knowledge this ban wave has not affected any of my transactions. But that would not be a popular story on project1999 forums.

I wrote this guide for the community in December 2014 where my last point points out this point clearly.

http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/30192-Guide-how-to-sell-Account-safely

Thanks for the kind words.

I've given redbot a peak at what links I was going to to try and protect buyers. It was a lot of work.

This ban wave has taught me that The p99 emu files snoop your PC for more than ip/MAC addresses.

I find it very coincidental that this happened literally 30 days after I began. I know how much demand there was and how much I sold so if you ask me they didn't like the "competition" on their plat revenue they get from somewhere. I know donations aren't matching that. Think about it.

Sure sure tinfoil hat. Blah.

As for me ruining the community I'm sorry you feel that way. Outside of supplying the large demand for plat and being the most reputable here to do so, I spent personal a lot of time working with redbot to get scammers banned the last two weeks since I work with so many people.

I'm very sorry for the bans, truly. I do however take pleasure knowing I rustled rogean enough to have 3 staff spend 10 days on lil old me. I've elicited more activity from rogean in the community over the past two days than I've seen from him in 6 months. Doesn't seem that is healthy for a emu server. Just imo.

I'll be around.

Last edited:
Im sure you worked hard on your methods. But u cant control your clients. If one
of them fails...large systems get easier out of control (sorry for that "english").

Dear traders, I want to start by expressing my condolences for any of you that received bans. For those that escaped, I salute you.

A bad apple ruined the bunch today. The entire community is now experiencing a dark day because of the ranting of one guy.

I myself have managed to escape unscathed. The majority of my customers who only utilize my services and follow my recommended security procedures also escaped. As far as I can tell none of my methods have gotten anybody banned.

So as of now, I am still in the game. What stock I have is already almost depleted as it still being purchased following the wave by some who had lost and some were purchasing for first time.

At this stage, supply will be low as some suppliers were hit. I find it best to not poke the bear and proceed cautiously for the time.

Condolences once again to my fellow traders that went down today.

Arcane - your customers are affected. 100% confirmed.

I myself am taking this opportunity to remove myself from the Red Guide community.

Wish you all the best of luck.

Guys, this is not Arcane1's fault. A lot of us buy and sell here so pointing fingers at someone else who sells a little bit more selling is not solving anything. The p99 staff are out to nail anyone who RMT's, no matter how big or small. It may be easier to cover your tracks if your a smaller seller but if we all had tons of extra plat around I suspect that many of us would be selling it more often as well.

Don't come to a cheat site that focuses on MQ2, under ground tricks that vilate game rules, RMT, etc. in games that do not allow this and then threaten to leave because someone breaks the rules. If you disagree with one persons actions then don't do deals with them...problem solved for you. I think everyone here knows by now it's buyer beware....if you buy or sell from/to anyone, you are taking a risk to get caught. I knew this going into all my transactions and was not surprised when the account got banned.

this made me lol

"Hey Redbot, what happened to this thread?

/forums/showthread.php/31185-Anyone-get-hit-by-the-ban-wave

You run a community market designed to profit off the hard work of other people. Get fucking lost kid
." -Rogean

Says the guy running an emu server. kettle... black...

Sounds like someone's projecting :p

I looked up that thread. ohsfatty posted it and then deleted it himself. CONSPIRACY!!!

Arcane1, I never intended to point any fingers at you in your posts; however, I only mentioned that your numbers were getting very high in a short time, making it all easier to track =/

well, i switched to my main skype account and saw that ThecollectorRed99 is still online so i sent it a message,seems its active and saw the message and active. Fair warning whoever is talking to that account, it is not me anymore, the last time i logged talked on that account was yesterday aprox 11pm. anything after that was not me.

ILXoZ6k.png

- - - Updated - - -

i changed the PW and it kicked me off and forced me to reenter the new PW to log me in, I cant find how to delete the actuall skype account im reading you cant actually do this? fair warning, stop sending this account msgs's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back