• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious Reach Gaming - Did not deliver, strung me along and in the end, he just took my money. (1 Viewer)

tunalips

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Negotiated with seller for toon, paid half up front for delivery in one week. One week later, and a few days, he says his PC has issues. He disappears for a few days, then says he is still working out PC issues but will cut me a deal in the end. A week later, still PC issues but is willing to waive final half of payment and bump me up with some extras because of the delay. It's now a day later after his second promised delivery date and I have heard nothing from seller....To sum:
1. Did not have the toon requested in current inventory, as advertised.
2. Was unable to deliver requested toon in agreed upon 1 week time frame.
3. Was very spotty in his communication during that one week time frame.
4. When finally responding, offered a couple of options on the situation, one of which was a refund, but also a deal to deliver at half the original cost with some perks/bonuses on the toon (should have chosen the refund).
5. Still no toon and $90 gone.
5. Seller has since gone silent.
Message log has been downloaded and I am more than willing to share with whomever.

I have had dealings with Reach Gaming before. Solid guy and comes through in the end. I sincerely doubt he would burn his 300+ feedback just to scam you out of 90 bucks.

The lack of communication is annoying though but maybe he does just have pc issues.

Well, if true, that's a shame, however, it literally takes less than a minute to send a message. Last I heard from him was last Friday saying he would have PC back the next day and toon done by this past Monday. His profile says he was last logged in this past Tuesday, a day after he said he would deliver (for the second time), he couldn't have just said I need more time then?

With such high feedback and big reputation, it doesn't seem like it's worth it to ruin said reputation over $90. I feel like if he has some things going on he should reach out and take the minute or two to respond to you then make it right as well.

I’ve also had several dealing with Reach Gaming. Never had an issue and he is usually very transparent with everything. Give him a chance to make it right.

With such high feedback and big reputation, it doesn't seem like it's worth it to ruin said reputation over $90. I feel like if he has some things going on he should reach out and take the minute or two to respond to you then make it right as well.
He has $500 of my money as well, I held off on saying anything until I saw this post (which prompted me to share my own dealings.)

None of this makes sense, but what is true is, this guy has $500 of my money and hasn't done a single thing he promised since he was paid Feb 15th.

Are you implying that this issue can only be resolved by removing his ads? I'm sure he maintains personal connections with his customers, who might reach out to him during this period.
It's only my experience, but I have many customers who await my online presence should I be unavailable, and if I were to remove my ads while I was away, it may become more challenging for me to reply once I am available.

He is currently not responding to his ad because he is unavailable. If someone is interested in a power level or his services, they can still message him through his ad for later use.
He will be able to respond once he becomes available again. I guess I am unsure what removing his ads would accomplish, it's a mod call but I personally would not remove his ads simply because he is unavailable.

He has rectified the issue at hand to my knowledge.
I would add that there are adverse consequences to deleting a thread that you may or may not be aware of such as the loss of customer thread message history just as one example. Some other consequences potentially include a delay to repost another thread.

Last edited:
I never have multiple threads up so I am unaware if that last one is a factor. Though I know previously there was a delay after a thread is deleted you must wait before you repost, unless this has been altered.
It's pretty rough from my recollection, like 5 days or something. It's a mod call, I don't know the validity of the recommendation, just my two cents.

Clearly sellers feel entitled here. Services and goods advertised are what customers expect. An active advertisement for goods and services is a statement that those good and services can be delivered. A refund because those goods or services were not delivered is not a resolution, it's a statement that they could not deliver those goods or services.

Speaking as a "seller" I want to clarify that I don't feel entitled. However, I'm concerned you might not fully grasp the impact of your request. According to your suggestion, anyone with a krono ad who is not readily available should have their threads removed. This approach just isn't feasible. Sellers and traders keep their ads posted so customers can leave messages for them. Without an ad, there would be no way for customers to make contact.

Customers have favorite traders that they transact with.

When you state "An active advertisement for goods and services is a statement that those good and services can be delivered." Is not necessarily accurate. Not all traders are readily available, and it would be nonsensical to delete your thread and remake the entire thing every time you become available again. I would like to reiterate that there are permanent consequences to having an ad deleted.

I'm relieved to hear everything was resolved, and I hope my words didn't come across as too harsh. While I understand that he responded to you, arranged a transaction, and then had to either reimburse you or correct the issue, he isn't currently making those transactions. Deleting his ad seems like an overly harsh measure.

If you feel the situation hasn't been fully resolved, I suggest addressing it directly with him. I'm confident he would be happy to ensure your satisfaction.

Us entitled sellers care deeply about our customers.

Last edited:
"Services and goods advertised are what customers expect. An active advertisement for goods and services is a statement that those good and services can be delivered."

"Speaking as a "seller" I want to clarify that I don't feel entitled. However, I'm concerned you might not fully grasp the impact of your request. According to your suggestion, anyone with a krono ad who is not readily available should have their threads removed. This approach just isn't feasible. Sellers and traders keep their ads posted so customers can leave messages for them. Without an ad, there would be no way for customers to make contact."

I'm sorry, I thought this site was about supplying goods and services as advertised. If, as in your example, a krono is advertised with immediate delivery, well, I expect immediate delivery. If an order goes in for a toon be delivered in 7-10 days, I expect 7-10 days. How is this not understood?

Since he is not actively responding to customers, the problem that arose between you two was an isolated incident and isn't ongoing.

I want to make it clear I'm not taking sides, I remain neutral and am considering the practical aspects of how this site operates. Deleting his ad would only unfairly penalize him. If you believe you haven't been fully compensated, the issue should be addressed directly with him on a personal level. I'm sure he would be happy to make you whole if you do not feel this has occurred.

To be clear, the owners/moderators of this site do not broker disputes, or ethics of free trade? Why are you engaged on this matter? I feel it's to make this selling platform beneficial to your agenda. You are not being neutral, you clearly have an agenda.

I think it appropriate to pull down all Reach Gaming advertisements until he is available again.
This is why I responded ^

To answer your question, my involvement in this matter stems from understanding that this is a public forum, where everyone is entitled to share their opinions. Just as you have an agenda in requesting the removal of his ad, all of us are motivated by our own goals. Saying that everyone should focus on properly managing their business to increase their benefits is apparent, this does not imply that it is motivated by ill will.

Based on my experience with how this site operates, again, removing his ad is not a practical solution. My engagement here is driven by my commitment to the site's optimal functioning. Deleting his post would only serve to compromise the site's efficiency and effectiveness, which is why I am advocating against it.

I do not believe it is "appropriate" given the many reasons I stated above.

"To answer your question, my involvement in this matter stems from understanding that this is a public forum, where everyone is entitled to share their opinions. Just as you have an agenda in requesting the removal of his ad, all of us are motivated by our own goals."

It's not a public forum, it's a review of service and goods received.

"Saying that everyone should focus on properly managing their business to increase their benefits is apparent, this does not imply that it is motivated by ill will."

I have not once mentioned "ill will". I have only said that if you advertise a service or goods in a prescribed time, then you need to deliver. If you cannot deliver then don't advertise said good and services.

Your experience is as a seller, so not removing his advertisement is from a sellers perspective. Why is not practical? Or is it just inconvenient for the sellers?

Please help me to understand "optimal functioning, "site efficiency and effectiveness". For who are those adjectives applicable too?

It is a public forum; which is why now I'm chiming in.

If Reach was continuing to accept payments with the intention of not delivering (after these two incidents) or even still actively bumping his threads, than absolutely you have ground to stand on. 99.9999% sure that isn't happening though.

Requesting that all of his threads be deleted while they're having serious personal issues for X amount of time is just bitterness. There isn't a single seller / buyer here who doesn't agree with you; this is a shitty situation to have to deal with / go through. It's happened before with medical issues (not Reach), and it's not a fun situation for the buyer, or the seller. However, you were made whole by receiving a refund. Anything past that is just spiteful.

Put yourself in Reach's perspective. Or anyone dealing with personal stuff.

If something happened to me in the middle of a deal, it'd be extremely difficult to walk Mrs. Bractos through how to go about issuing a refund or whatever needs to be done. So while the delay or the feeling that you were being hung out to dry sucks, the delay is understandable and it's an unfortunate circumstance you got unlucky with. But, at the end of the day, I'd rather be in your shoes currently than whatever Reach is having to deal with. Empathy goes a long way. Cheers.

And, @Reach Gaming put that Fungi Tunic on and get your HP back up bro, we're all rooting for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back