• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Question Related To Buying / Selling Aradune Accounts (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
252   0   0
So, for those not aware, on the new server, Aradune, they are giving strikes/warnings for boxing more than 2 at once and/or botting.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-rizlona-aradune-progression-server-launch-2020

"By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts."

Before I get to my question, I want to explain what got me to this point, asking this.

I have had 2 different interactions in regards to buying aradune accounts with strikes on them already.

#1 - I purchased some accounts from someone and the next day I was informed they all got 7 day suspensions. I assume it had to be them catching up to something they caught days or a week prior and it just took them some time. I will say the seller made the contact with me quickly and offered a partial or full refund, depending what I wanted to do and I was still satisfied with our transaction. Shit happens but he made things right so I have no problems with him.

#2 - I was inquiring about purchasing a couple toons and before I made the decision I decided to ask if they had any warnings/suspensions on the accounts. He admits yes they got suspensions. Well, I inquire further because a suspension means they were probably warned first. He replied yes they got warning + suspension. So, these accounts have 2 strikes. I pass on the accounts because of this.

So, my question... Who has the responsibility here? I know that I will 100% ask people about how many strikes are on their accounts before buying, but is there any responsibility on the sellers to be completely upfront with this info and held responsible for lying or hiding the fact that their accounts have 1-2 strikes already?

Should sellers be required to tell people about these strikes without be questioned? Or should it be put on the buyers to be informed enough to ask this question? I would assume most people buying accounts aren't thinking about the fact they might be buying a 2 strike account. And, it might not matter to them. But, there have been a lot of false positives for that stuff so it seems rough if you innocently buy a 2 strike account without knowing and get hit with a 3rd and final strike as your "first warning".

I don't blame anyone CURRENTLY selling striked accounts for not listing it since it isn't a requirement and I imagine there would be some sort of a stigma and MAYBE the characters aren't as appealing. I totally understand this, but I do not think that should negate the fact that having strikes on an account does matter. It is important information. In my opinion, this information is far more important than if a CC was used or a SQ/A is set. Maybe it'll be different for others, but that is me personally.

What are others thoughts on this? Has this come up with anyone else? Would love to hear from others.

Thanks,
Ctalbus

This needs to be required to be listed on the post that is advertising the account for sale. Please make it a rule. And why are these guys boxing more than 2 on Aradune? Can we have some fucking integrity and morality in this god damn world please?

I agree that any one who has received warning strikes against their accounts should have to disclose it. Personally, I have not received any strikes and I've been doing this for a while. The buyer should not have to face any repercussions due to the seller's faults.

In order to curb this, perhaps only Verified sellers should be allowed to sell, whereas non-Verified members can still buy. The fee is minimal compared to what you'll make selling, and it goes to protect the community. There must be some accountability.

If there's demand we can add another option to account postings that asks about previous suspensions/bans.

Is there an option we can remove? I don't want to make the posting process too painful

If there's demand we can add another option to account postings that asks about previous suspensions/bans.

Is there an option we can remove? I don't want to make the posting process too painful

Even if that question was posed, what are the ramifications if someone wasn't being truthful?
How would someone know when they received the account, if there were corrective actions taken against their account?
Verified members would, in theory, take more stock in making sure their accounts were clean, especially since it requires a vigorous screening process.

Even if that question was posed, what are the ramifications if someone wasn't being truthful?
How would someone know when they received the account, if there were corrective actions taken against their account?
Verified members would, in theory, take more stock in making sure their accounts were clean, especially since it requires a vigorous screening process.
Are you asking how we can confirm the # of strikes an account has had, or how we discipline sellers who give inaccurate descriptions?

1) How can a buyer tell if an account has received strikes against the account
2) What incentive does a seller have to be honest in revealing strikes
2.1) If an account has been Verified as John Doe, there is an incentive to not lie
2.2) If an account is unverified, there is almost zero incentive other than building feedback up again
3) If required to be verified in order to post "For Sale", it may curb these issues.

@Redbot

1) How can a buyer tell if an account has received strikes against the account
I believe GMs will reveal the # of strikes when an account is banned or suspended. Can anyone confirm?
2) What incentive does a seller have to be honest in revealing strikes
They will avoid the "inaccurate description" warning, as well as negative feedback.

Scenario
Jim buys account from John who has an unverified account on ECTunnel
John isn't honest, and has two strikes against the account.
There is no way for Jim to tell how many strikes are (through helpdesk or otherwise), unless John has been honest with Jim
In the end, Jim loses his account, leaves bad feedback for John. John ditches his ECTunnel account to start a new one because he's got a lot of bad feedback.

Last edited:
Here's where we're at on this request:

Has anyone ever seen a GM admit there were previous bans/suspensions on an account? Maybe during ban appeal? Ever?? If so, please provide proof (you can send it privately).

I do seem to recall someone posting messages from a GM that say, "this is the X strike on your account, you are now banned" but can't find any.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back