• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Question about GK (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMot

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that this is not supported here but I am curious about the theory behind it. I bascially know what it is supposed to do but I am looking for a bit more detail. For example when you attack a mob does it not attack you or is it not able to hit you? In theory with a GK plugin could you walk around a zone and be untouchable even if you create a train? Could you do a quest where you need to visit certain areas like the TSS charm and not have to worry about being killed?

since it's not supported here why ask here?

It's like going to the bus depot and asking questions about the train.

I'd goto one of the sites that offer it and ask.

Not sure why others are uptight about it, but we actually have people here who know how it works and I don't see why they would mind explaining the general idea of it, assuming they actually have time to respond.

I don't remember exactly how it works, but I remember it came out right after people were using Z-coordinates to be able to hurt mobs, whether it be by spells or melee. I figured it exploited this since it was somewhat broken after they fixed this, but started working again later. That could just be coincidence, but I've never used it because, to me, it's game-breaking(it's no longer a game, most people use it to make RL $).

Anyway, it has to do with your coordinates and fooling the game into thinking you're somewhere when you're really not.

i always thought it was the ability to make your mainhand hit with no delay. then warping back and forward to your target so fast you barely take hits

Spunge16 said:
i always thought it was the ability to make your mainhand hit with no delay. then warping back and forward to your target so fast you barely take hits

This is the basic idea... it costs around $150 from most sites that offer it, and most sites only allow you to do it in instances now due to retards.

Nodelay and ghostkill are two different things. Ghost kill lets you attack a mob from a safe place across the zone. They wont know you are there and act as if nothing is happening, you take hits from them only because they have a chance to repost from a frontal melee attack.

No delay does not use normal primary hand attacks, it tricks the software into letting you make a repsot attack as if the mob has hit you and you are reposting it. That is why the primary hand weapon damge is important, just like using a repost disc the repost hit dmg is based off the damage of the primary weapon. This is also why you cant get procs to happen with nodelay, weapons wont proc off a repost (ask the old earthshaker guys about this) but special class procs like slay undead and mortal coil and killing spree will proc from a repost and so work with no delay.

As far as walking around safely yes you can with a ghost program but stuff wont update because sony thinks you are still at the spot where you turned it on.

From my own experience with GK many years ago it once you turn it on and engage the mob, you toon stays where it turned on but on your screen you appear at the mob and can attack it. When I was using it you could only use ranged attacks and there was also a version floating around that would let you melee as well but that one only really worked well if you had the plugin to equip anything in any slot. Using GK will more then likely get you banned as if the packets arent dealt with properly, it will produce MASSIVE ammounts of warping due to how it works, which will definately set off an alarm at SoE. I never got caught using GK but soon as I heard people were getting banned I stopped using it and never touched it ever again. There is only a few things in this game that will get you banned for sure, GK, AFK macroing, and maybe warping. Although I think warping is far safer now days, but I still dont use it. I only use MQ2 so that I can 5 box my group because fuck grouping with dumbshits. IF you are at your pc macroing it up and a GM comes you are there to respond and the chance that anything will happen is slim to none. I have had GMs pop up on my radar and I shut it down and start manually doing my jam which isnt hard, its easy to bot a caster with manual in game macros "/cast 1 /pause 40 /cast 1...etc, etc." My advice, dont bother looking into GK cause its only going to cause you pain later when your toons are banned.

PS I need someones help updating a macro because I am too dumb to do it myself. =(

Actually there are 3 things here if I remember.
Ghost
Ghost Kill
NoDelay

Ghost would let you walk around and nothing would attack you because the EQ thought u were still where u were when u started the Ghost plugin. You could walk around the zone and see everything u wanted but you could not attack or be attacked

Ghost Kill used Warps where it would warp u to the target and back before you got hit if you set the timing up properly. You would keep agro so the mob wouldn't heal. By using this you never caused trains since you were warping there and back

Then if you added NoDelay to Ghost Kill you were a machine. NoDelay was already described above. I tried it out and it was cool but soon got banned because it was just too much fun and I couldn't stop ( Now that I have learned from my mistakes I would love to have it again but can't afford (

Hope this helps

I miss safe warps hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back