• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

PSA Vertical is a scammer, only use verified buyers/sellers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
PSA: only deal with verified members.

Yesterday morning I was contacted by Vertical via PM answering my "wtb bard" thread on phinigel server. He had just a few feedback comments, all positive since creation of his account, so he wasn't super active. Anyways, I was hesitant with my intuition telling me don't deal with non-verified people, but i've done a few transactions with non-verified folks with perfect feedback scores, albeit with 100+, with no problem until now. "a few" feedback scores was his way to say he was legit, but in hindsight, it's not difficult to buy a krono here and there, and then resell them for double feedback scores, and then later on scam someone out of a big ticket item.

Anyways, sent the money and then *crickets for 24 hours

That being said, it was only $150, which I can absorb and was "worth it" to me for the risk.

Anyways...it's just a PSA and even small amounts are risky.

Hope he gets IP banned, not that it'll do that much since he can just proxy back in.

*edit* thanks for the support guys! This community proves that there is more good than bad here!

Oh yea his PayPal email is [email protected]

Last edited:
Indeed. This is EXACTLY why I will never give feed back to someone with a new account and very little/no feedback on their 1st buy with me. Scammers like this will intentionally buy or sell a small item to people like us with high feedback to gain a positive reputation so that they can set themselves up for a bigger scam. Problem is easily fixed by simply refusing to give feedback on the 1st trade with them.

I'm not verified but I've been on the site almost since the start , and with all 100% feedback. People generally haven't ever asked about me being non verified

Other issue is what luminati mentioned. People coming to buy a couple of Kronos , get a few 100% feedbacks for like €30 then scam

Sucks it happened mate , glad it wasn't a massive amount of cash and hopefully redbot and the admins can help you out

I'm not verified but I've been on the site almost since the start , and with all 100% feedback. People generally haven't ever asked about me being non verified

Other issue is what luminati mentioned. People coming to buy a couple of Kronos , get a few 100% feedbacks for like ?30 then scam

Sucks it happened mate , glad it wasn't a massive amount of cash and hopefully redbot and the admins can help you out

Never buy any account or item over $100 without a middleman. I had a transaction recently where I was the seller. Due to my low feedback, not being RG verified, and the good number of lowlife scammers around, the buyer didn't want to go first. I told him no problem and we agreed to do the transaction on another site with a middleman. He paid about $15 more for the insurance and I received about $15 less due to the fees, but that is the price you pay for insurance.

I have a question about a middle man. If you are dealing with a scammer, either buying or selling, can't the scammer still scam you even if you use a middleman? If he is buying can't he still reverse payment if going through paypal? Then if he is selling the account and the middle man confirms everything can't he can still take the account back? So I can see how a middle man can help, but it can't really prevent scams in the long run right? Maybe I am missing something though? Thanks for any info!

I have a question about a middle man. If you are dealing with a scammer, either buying or selling, can't the scammer still scam you even if you use a middleman? If he is buying can't he still reverse payment if going through paypal? Then if he is selling the account and the middle man confirms everything can't he can still take the account back? So I can see how a middle man can help, but it can't really prevent scams in the long run right? Maybe I am missing something though? Thanks for any info!

FnF payments cannot be reversed. If they sell an account and the e-mail and pw are changed and you have the secret question answer then no they cannot recover the account I don't think. So middlemen are quite fool proof.

I also think accounts can be taking back with original 4 cc numbers.

But some personal experience with accounts getting taking back, I had purchased 3 from someone and used my own CC on one ( main one with the best character ) and who I bought from took 2 back but could not take the one I used my own CC on.

But these days you can transfer from account to account without needing cc numbers so anyone buying characters just transfer to a new / your own old account.

It takes a few days to a week at most to put a character on a clean account with no CC/SQA set so that buyers have full expectation of account security. If you are buying an account there is no reason not to require this to be done before you do business unless you are specifically looking for something like Veteran Rewards.

FnF payments cannot be reversed. If they sell an account and the e-mail and pw are changed and you have the secret question answer then no they cannot recover the account I don't think. So middlemen are quite fool proof.

I have looked online and seen post about this, albeit, is it 100% true? I do not know, but I have read that if you tell paypal your card was stolen or the payment was not authorized they WILL still reverse a FnF payment. Do you have any 100% proof that it is not reversible? I am not a big seller and never will be, but I normally put I will only deal with verified users etc because of my fear of charge backs. I also do not spend the money I get until the paypal time has past to not do a charge back. So I appreciate any info on this TYVM.

PS: I do see that FnF is not eligible for buyer protection, but claiming that your account/card was stolen still seems like a way through that for a scammer?

Well I've done over 100k in sales over the years and never once has an FnF payment been charged back. So it seems safe enough to me. Unless your paypal account was logged in from China or some random country you've never logged into before and you can prove beyond any doubt that your account was hacked and/or compromised then I'm about 99.9999999% sure an FnF payment cannot be reversed. I've personally never seen it happen but maybe there is a way. Probably far more trouble and effort to try and get an FnF payment back than is ever worth trying.

Never buy any account or item over $100 without a middleman. I had a transaction recently where I was the seller. Due to my low feedback, not being RG verified, and the good number of lowlife scammers around, the buyer didn't want to go first. I told him no problem and we agreed to do the transaction on another site with a middleman. He paid about $15 more for the insurance and I received about $15 less due to the fees, but that is the price you pay for insurance.

Could you or anyone let me know what site or where I can locate a reputable middleman? Thanks! I only have 7 feedback, so someone might want that I suppose.

Could you or anyone let me know what site or where I can locate a reputable middleman? Thanks! I only have 7 feedback, so someone might want that I suppose.

Playerauction is what I use. Their fees are usually between 10% to 15% of the seller's asking price and a minimal fee of like a dollar or two for the buyer. As a buyer, they will only release your money to the seller only after you have inspected the account and is fully satisfied.
They also offer a 1 year account insurance for the buyer (which is entirely optional) for like 15% of the account purchase price in case something happens to your account like getting reclaimed by any previous owner or banned. If those things happen within 1 year, while obviously you are not likely to be able to get your account back, you will get a credit for the amount of your purchase for you to buy something else from their website (kind of like an Amazon refund credit but don't think you can get your money back as a cash refund).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back