• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Mischief Possible scam from caitlynn in ECtunnel (1 Viewer)

noidster

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
caitlynn
When did the issue occur?
6/26/21
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/conversations/krono.549295/#convMessage-1226339
Value of property in dispute
$30
Last night I PMed caitlynn because they advertised selling krono for $10. I asked if they had any left and they said yes. They sent me their venmo and cashapp info and told me once I paid to give them my server and character name and they would deliver. After I paid I let them know what info they asked for. I have since not heard anything from them at all and its been almost 24 hours now. I sent several more messages with no reply. The user made their profile private and thats it

Damn, sorry to hear your going through this noidster. I suspect there is some kind of malfunction since who is going to rip someone off for 3 krono with a Verified account.
I'll be watching this thread to see what comes of it.

Best regards,
DK.

Damn, sorry to hear your going through this noidster. I suspect there is some kind of malfunction since who is going to rip someone off for 3 krono with a Verified account.
I'll be watching this thread to see what comes of it.

Best regards,
DK.
You would be surprised what people would do even just for 30 bucks. Come on Big D you know how it goes sometimes.

caitlynn now has 2 Negs too. Not looking good. If you paid with Venmo I wouldn't wait to long but problem is with Venmo (from my understanding I DON'T use it) is once the account is emptied Venmo will NOT give back you the money) - I was told this and it is 3rd hand.

Doesn't hurt to start the process to get the money back and if the person wants to honor it then you can resend it or use a 3rd party here for service.

Ya.. the only time I've ever been scammed was by a guy who bought 3 accounts from me. paid 400ish total over a 2 year period for the first two, then asked to log in the 3rd, which I was selling for $40 to dump. Didn't have a SQA or email set or anything so he just ganked it while being verified. It was pretty dumb.

@caitlynn is making no attempt to respond to users after taking their money, let alone deliver goods and services.. The user verified as:

KEVIN MCGRATH

I advise you to avoid doing business with this person until we learn more.

Attachments

• vs_1J5aGoF0SerZlpAhvZbhWnKy_front.jpg
    vs_1J5aGoF0SerZlpAhvZbhWnKy_front.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
The same thing recently happened over on another RMT website about a month ago. PM me if you want a screenshot of the post because I won't link to it.
I'm wary of posts where sellers are undercutting the going rate and want irreversible payment processors at the same time. I wouldn't mess with anybody that wants CashApp or Venmo.
I accept BTC/ETH but I'm not a brand new seller and have too much to lose by running a scam. Multiple new users have bought goods/krono from me using BTC.

If a deal seems too good to be true it likely is. It's always sad to see people get scammed by somebody who is desperate for even $20.

Sorry I'm not able to do more right now. We have a massive heatwave going on in the Pacific Northwest. It was so damn hot past few days I could not even turn on my pc... It would just overheat lol

You would be surprised what people would do even just for 30 bucks. Come on Big D you know how it goes sometimes.

caitlynn now has 2 Negs too. Not looking good. If you paid with Venmo I wouldn't wait to long but problem is with Venmo (from my understanding I DON'T use it) is once the account is emptied Venmo will NOT give back you the money) - I was told this and it is 3rd hand.

Doesn't hurt to start the process to get the money back and if the person wants to honor it then you can resend it or use a 3rd party here for service.

I just mean that I have done more transactions than anyone on this entire site. I have not once been hit with fraud from someone who is verified, let alone for a measly $30.00. From my perspective, this is more than enough to justify the belief that I do not "Know how it goes sometimes" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back