• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Discussion PayPal is inferior to Crypto | Vendors, Change My Mind (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Don't be a smooth brain and start accepting crypto guys.

There are not near enough vendors who accept it

Pros -

1. Eliminates 100% of chargeback risk
2. Can be converted instantly to any fiat currency
3. No holds, no locks, no surprises ( What you see in your wallet is 100% what you can access guaranteed without surprises )
4. No limits for accepting, sending, or receiving
5. No personal information is shared in either direction

Cons -

1. Learning curve ( how to get a wallet, how to get convert to $ in my bank,. which wallets are safe, etc )
2. There are many different cryptocurrencies and why they're different can be confusing
3. There are transaction fees for each time crypto is transferred

Addressing the cons -

For some people cryptocurrency can seem confusing and overwhelming, especially if their knowledge on the subject is zero. I've been in crypto ( BTC ) since 2013 and am amazed at how far things have come and how much simpler it has become to get involved and utilize cryptocurrency in your life. It has become as simple as signing up and registering an account at an exchange like paxful.com and following quick, guided simple instruction to get your first cryptocurrency wallet address to accept both bitcoin and ethereum payments. On that same website you can easily sell the balance in your wallet for any payment method you choose to hundreds of thousands people looking to buy your crypto. People can pay you via bank transfer, paypal f&f, cashapp, venmo, zelle, apple pay, gift cards and countless other methods you can choose from. They also have a built in escrow system that allows you to verify any payment sent to you before releasing the cryptocurrency to the buyer and you can set the terms you like beforehand.

If youre not investing in crypto then you dont need to even think about all the different crypto currencies because nearly everyone who is buying something is going to be using bitcoin or ethereum since these are the major cryptos used for buying and selling things ( unless theyre a dick trying to talk you into using another crypto and you should blow them off anyway lol )

There are small transaction fees each time someone sends a cryptocurrency transaction which vary but again this is not your problem and its common practice that the buyer absorb these fees.

When I message a big seller about accepting crypto currency and get a response like "Sorry, paypal only" it always makes me cringe because it infers a serious lack of knowledge and self preservation lol. Its one thing to be a here and there seller or to not accept something but to PREFER something that puts you at an increased risk, takes longer to setup or open and the same amount of time to have as cash in your hand it makes me wonder about your life choices

It's things like this that make people wary of crypto

That literally has nothing to do with my post though lol. Referencing a random crypto that was purely an investment vehicle for pump and dump is unrelated. Thats like my post being about paypal and someone linking something like a stock they bought using paypal and it tanked and thats why paypal is bad lol. Plus for intents and purposes the same thing literally happens on the stock market daily but we dont blame the dollar...

Accepting crypto and crypto investing are NOT the same and should not be attempted by anyone who thinks they are for they will lose their money 100% lol

BTC and ETH are proven cryptos and as a vendor accepting them you can hold them less than 5 minutes and cash immediately to something supremely inferior like paypal if they so desire or one of the thousands other ways to convert them on an exchange like paxful..

The point crypto is universal money, you can convert easily to anything without risk of chargebacks and opening up to a new customer market that pays hard cash. Id love to hear a full,time vendors logic debating reasons thedy shouldnt that are logical and related to this post lol

Last edited:
That literally has nothing to do with my post though lol. Referencing a random crypto that was purely an investment vehicle for investors is something that requires a lot more knowledge and awareness of the market. Thats like my post being about paypal and someone linking something like a stock they bought using paypal and it tanked and thats why paypal is bad lol

Accepting crypto and crypto investing are NOT the same and should not be attempted by anyone who thinks they are for they will lose their money 100% lol

BTC and ETH are proven cryptos and as a vendor accepting them you can hold them less than 5 minutes and cash immediately to something supremely inferior like paypal if they so desire or one of the thousands other ways to convert them on an exchange like paxful..

The point crypto is universal money, you can convert easily to anything without risk of chargebacks and opening up to a new customer market that pays hard cash. Id love to hear a full,time vendors logic debating reasons thedy shouldnt that are logical and related to this post lol

Bitcoin -25,410.40 (-44.53%)past 6 months

Ethereum -2,642.71 (-57.05%)past 6 months

Ya, proven to be a complete roller coaster.

Bitcoin - $13 in 2013 and $28,000 now
Ethereum - .31 cents originally and $1,800 now

lol why do you keep spamming oiff topic garbage in my thread about crypto investing? read it and provide actual discussion based on the topic or save the weird off topic crypto invcesting rants, you sound like a guy who got burned because they didnt know what they were doing. I've been in btc and other cryptos since very early on, if you want to talk investment then heres some advice. Without educating yourself you will lose compared to those of us who do, its not a magic internet money making machine lol. You do understand the stock market works the same way right? Because you know a successful trader does mean you will achieve this. I can tell you ive used crypto investing to ensure that i no longer have to work for anyone again, ever. I'm 36 and have been financially independent without any kind of debt and smart investment ensuring it continues since 2015. But AGAIN this is not an investment post

This is not a crypto INVEST thread, crypto can exchanged to fiat in less than 5 minutes, stop it lol. This is a serious inquiry to all fulltime or larger vendors who do not accept crypto out of curiousity. Not to HOLD or INVEST but accept,

People like diamond krono are few and far between but way ahead of the curve for this market for sure. I've spent crypto with him multiple times on 25, 20, 10 kir orders etc. Would be cool and smart to see it expand

Last edited:

lol why do you keep spamming oiff topic garbage in my thread about crypto investing? read it and provide actual discussion based on the topic or save the weird off topic crypto invcesting rants, you sound like a guy who got burned because they didnt know what they were doing. I've been in btc and other cryptos since very early on, if you want to talk investment then heres some advice. Without educating yourself you will lose compared to those of us who do, its not a magic internet money making machine lol. You do understand the stock market works the same way right? Because you know a successful trader does mean you will achieve this. I can tell you ive used crypto investing to ensure that i no longer have to work for anyone again, ever. I'm 36 and have been financially independent without any kind of debt and smart investment ensuring it continues since 2015. But AGAIN this is not an investment post

This is not a crypto INVEST thread, crypto can exchanged to fiat in less than 5 minutes, stop it lol. This is a serious inquiry to all fulltime or larger vendors who do not accept crypto out of curiousity. Not to HOLD or INVEST but accept,

People like diamond krono are few and far between but way ahead of the curve for this market for sure. I've spent crypto with him multiple times on 25, 20, 10 kir orders etc. Would be cool and smart to see it expand
Are you dense? You came here asking why people are avoiding trading crypto and I'm giving you the exact literal reasons and you don't seem to be getting it. I was never burned by crypto at all but it has shown to be extremely unstable. Paypal is 100% stable and I've done 6 figures in sales through it over the years and never once had a chargeback so it seems pretty safe to me. People simply don't want to trade using a currency that is not accepted almost anywhere relevant and has wild fluctuations in value. Also, PayPal has ZERO transaction fees most of the time which is another big bonus.

Last edited:
I love me some crypto sometimes but you're going a little too hard supporting it for accepting payments. You say so yourself, the fees. It's safe, yes. But the fees for a small transaction just don't make sense yet. I would probably accept crypto from some people but let's not pretend like not accepting crypto is really holding everyone back on this website lol. Crypto still needs to evolve some more. But it's getting really close.

And yet you have zero feedback.. So either you made a second account here (which is a no no) or you are working outside EC Tuns and bragging about trading with one of our best sellers.

Pros -

3. No holds, no locks, no surprises ( What you see in your wallet is 100% what you can access guaranteed without surprises )

Cons -

1. Learning curve ( how to get a wallet, how to get convert to $ in my bank,. which wallets are safe, etc )
2. There are many different cryptocurrencies and why they're different can be confusing

Addressing the cons -

For some people cryptocurrency can seem confusing and overwhelming, especially if their knowledge on the subject is zero. I've been in crypto ( BTC ) since 2013 and am amazed at how far things have come and how much simpler it has become to get involved and utilize cryptocurrency in your life. It has become as simple as signing up and registering an account at an exchange like paxful.com and following quick, guided simple instruction to get your first cryptocurrency wallet address to accept both bitcoin and ethereum payments. On that same website you can easily sell the balance in your wallet for any payment method you choose to hundreds of thousands people looking to buy your crypto. People can pay you via bank transfer, paypal f&f, cashapp, venmo, zelle, apple pay, gift cards and countless other methods you can choose from. They also have a built in escrow system that allows you to verify any payment sent to you before releasing the cryptocurrency to the buyer and you can set the terms you like beforehand.

If youre not investing in crypto then you dont need to even think about all the different crypto currencies because nearly everyone who is buying something is going to be using bitcoin or ethereum since these are the major cryptos used for buying and selling things ( unless theyre a dick trying to talk you into using another crypto and you should blow them off anyway lol )

There are small transaction fees each time someone sends a cryptocurrency transaction which vary but again this is not your problem and its common practice that the buyer absorb these fees.

When I message a big seller about accepting crypto currency and get a response like "Sorry, paypal only" it always makes me cringe because it infers a serious lack of knowledge and self preservation lol. Its one thing to be a here and there seller or to not accept something but to PREFER something that puts you at an increased risk, takes longer to setup or open and the same amount of time to have as cash in your hand it makes me wonder about your life choices
How are you feeling about this post now moron?

Last edited:
I'm not really weighing on whats better or worse as a whole, but I just got word and verified myself, that if you use a "Business" paypal account, you CANNOT recieve FnF. You can still send FnF with a business account, but no account of any type can send FnF to a business account.

If this is old news, sorry. I'm out of the loop all the time.

I'm not really weighing on whats better or worse as a whole, but I just got word and verified myself, that if you use a "Business" paypal account, you CANNOT recieve FnF. You can still send FnF with a business account, but no account of any type can send FnF to a business account.

If this is old news, sorry. I'm out of the loop all the time.
Yeah, Paypal has just recently changed this, sucks.

Pros -

Cons -

Addressing the cons -

Con Bit Coin and other Crypto is used on dark web more then any dollar and harder to track people sell Baby Smoothies for Bit Coin on dark web so you choose what you want to support.

Also Crypto you can not dispute as easy as PayPal or Banks so it’s really easy to scam people. Ask all the people that sent Bitcoin to hacked influential peoples Twitter accounts lmao they lost it all them dummies.

Also let’s ask them people that lost 52k from all time high to now. I have heard of people buying in at 50k and selling at 20k

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back