• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

[META] How do scammers prosper? Paypal will reverse F&F transactions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I dont understand why scammers keep going back over and over. I've had two issues with scammers in the past year (not here) and PayPal has reversed the F&F transaction each time. Are there cases where people just end up SOL or something? A 20 minute phone call and I had my cash back...

they either get nothing or they got some sort of secret way to launder the money really quick once its sent. im sure the meth addicts have figured out numerous ways to do it really quick otherwise i dont think they'd keep trying. cause i know for one thing if uve withdraw money and it reaches ur bank account paypal just puts the persons account at a negative balance, pays the scammed person back and just has the account in the red and it goes to collections i think? but that takes atleast a day or something for it to go to bank. so probably they figure out some way to launder it.

i just know they wont keep doing it if they werent getting some sort of payout

I always use my debit card on paypal. Ive gotten scammed out of csgo skins a while back and i just called up paypal they said they would reverse after investigation.. so i just call my bank and they say sure np boom i got my
Money back within 24 hours. use your debit card if thats an option for you. Its secure if you dont have a 3rd world banking company.

Stolen PayPal accounts and reloadable debit cards would be my guess.

I always thought F&F was irreversible unless it was refunded by the receiving party. Guess I was wrong. I haven't been scammed once over the course of probably 40+ transactions here. It's all about doing research on the buyer/seller and going with your gut feeling. If you get a whiff of scummy behavior, it's probably a scam.

I've turned down dozens of people off the bat due to their demeanor.

Just goes back to what I've always stated: Feedback is king.

Nothing is perfect, but feedback and how long they have been doing this is usually a good sign.

Verified also helps.

I don't verify and i'm a new person on the site, anytime (even when people bought something like a 400$ account off me) I ALWAYS let them log on first. Worst case I have to recall the account back through daybreak etc, but I find simply speaking with the person (even being a new seller) can help a lot, give them your phone number and chat on the phone, show them your I.D. that has your address etc. Some people may have a problem with this but as a person who needs the extra money I make here I hardly see it as an inconvenience.

As a side note when I was much younger, maybe 16 before I ever played EQ or was in the Navy my friend would make paypals with ANYONES info he could get a hold of, even people in game, promising them great money from selling whatever he was selling. Then he'd xfer the cash to his secure account and be scott free.

I don't verify and i'm a new person on the site, anytime (even when people bought something like a 400$ account off me) I ALWAYS let them log on first. Worst case I have to recall the account back through daybreak etc, but I find simply speaking with the person (even being a new seller) can help a lot, give them your phone number and chat on the phone, show them your I.D. that has your address etc. Some people may have a problem with this but as a person who needs the extra money I make here I hardly see it as an inconvenience.

As a side note when I was much younger, maybe 16 before I ever played EQ or was in the Navy my friend would make paypals with ANYONES info he could get a hold of, even people in game, promising them great money from selling whatever he was selling. Then he'd xfer the cash to his secure account and be scott free.

For this topic, EQ Accounts Ect, we still have an unsolved issue. Let me know how long I should be waiting.

Most companies wont reverse or help you out if you're scammed for VIRTUAL GOODS. They even have a policy against it in their ToS.

I've never been scammed by sending someone my money and them not following through, I have been scammed though through shit like Paypal invoice. They can only get you once that way until you learn what you're looking for but I wouldn't be surprised if you could do nothing but paypal invoice scams and make money.

I think this is terrible advice. Why would you let someone log in when you can verify the character simply by right clicking and putting droppables in trade? That's a quick way to lose your plat, Krono or droppables.

Imo if you do play EQ for cash you're better off working at Walmart, since you'll be below the poverty line either way but at least you get decent health insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back