• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Little idea I thought of (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phorl

This idea won't boost your xp/hour. However, it'll make you 3x the cash and when all is said and done you'll have 3 characters of the same lvl instead of 1. Now it is easy to argue that well...3x the cash 3 characters that's the same as one character with a third of the cash. This idea was inspired from a guy that triple boxed 3 mages and used a program so that when he hit a spell on his keyboard all 3 would cast it. This wasn't a spell specfic thing, it just activates the spell for that number on all three. So you can do it with 3 different classes.

First off you'll need 3 characters. They should be the same lvl, it will just make it cleaner. I need to get the name of the program from my friend, but after you have that, it's pretty straightforward. You don't even have to do it with 3 characters. You could just do it with 2. I assume you could do it with more than 3 but that'd be some crazy stuff. I know this is a bit unrefined, but it's just to get the idea out. I need to get the name of the program like I said. Unfortunately, my computers 64MB graphic card can only support me running myself through instances. Two characters casting spells would make it blow up :p

Triple boxing woudl be hard without multiple machines. I like the idea, but its actualy nothing new.

The only thing i dont understand is, how is it going to make you 3x the cash?
From quest money? I dont think so, because quest money on the lower levels is pathetic.

3 of you killing, should in theory mean mobs die 3 times faster so you kill 3 times more mobs per hour, just like the difference between you farming alone towards a target and 3 farming it in seperate zones, the more doing it the faster it will go

I get it now.
Shame on me - it seems so obvious now. Its a lesson for me to not read posts when you are almost asleep...

You would need to find spots with fast respawn to maximize this strategy.

Triple boxing means you either have one awesome computer and 3 monitors hooked up to it, or you have 3 seperate computers. The first is the more likely. I have 3 monitors because I just store the ones from my old computers. Video quality doesn't matter when you're farming as long as you can see the mob in front of you :p The really awesome computer is the hard part.

Also, as far as really fast respawn places, you could also find places with just a massive number of mobs.

There was this dude who played Dark Age of Camelot on Mordred server who had 3 casters like that. It was funny to watch them all auto-face the same target and let loose.

That'd be infinitely cooler if he was using Kavoom KV rather than three KB's and Mice... Station looks pretty sweet but I still prefer my 8 screen setup at work (4 machines with ONE keyboard and ONE mouse)

:D

blackobsidian said:
That'd be infinitely cooler if he was using Kavoom KV rather than three KB's and Mice... Station looks pretty sweet but I still prefer my 8 screen setup at work (4 machines with ONE keyboard and ONE mouse)

:D

Would that even work? You'd have to have all your characters in exactly the same spot. Which would make you really easy to root and AOE. Would be awesome for PVE though.

No you wouldn't. You could effectively run each character to a location you want them and then move the mouse onto which ever monitor you want to control. Maybe not so easy for PvP but great for PvE and even better for grinding (healer and nuker on /follow anyone?)

Good idea, but where is the program name. This strat is still worthless untill we get the program name. But i like where your heads at.

I've been trying to get in touch with him but he's proven to be quite elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back