• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Levels of security poll (1 Viewer)

Coinstop

BANNED
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Hey everyone,
We have a lot of big things in store coming this year and a lot of upgrades coming in various ways to the website. One thing we are discussing is security on RMT sites like ours and we want to know what you, the users are looking for and prefer in such a market place. We care greatly about keeping this a safe place to buy, sell and trade and are looking forward to your responses.

Please feel free to discuss the ideas brought to the table or some of your own in the comments bellow!

Thank you!

I will gladly openly share my thoughts.

I will always be a firm supporter and believer of, if you expect anyone to send you money, as a seller, you should 100% be required to be verified. If you are not willing to put forth your information, then in my opinion, you shouldn't expect anyone to buy from you.

2fa. Show if the account has 2fa enabled wherever verification status is shown.

Verify all you want, but if someone captures a prominent seller's account, it's all for naught. Idk if this has been an issue in the past, but it's a minor worry on my part.

2fa. Show if the account has 2fa enabled wherever verification status is shown.

Verify all you want, but if someone captures a prominent seller's account, it's all for naught. Idk if this has been an issue in the past, but it's a minor worry on my part.

That's something we can look into. However, to date I haven't seen any issue arise where a sellers account was compromised.

The only thing that has worried me about my account sales is when someone else resells an account they bought from me then tries to reclaim it. I have had a few instances where someone has tried to reclaim an email but thankfully they couldn't get access to it since i set my main email as the recovery email address for all accounts i sell.

Open thoughts, and 2 cents offered..

Firstly, I believe anyone whose wanting to make a "WTS" thread should hands-down have to be verified. If you're trying to sell an item for even $50, spending $10 out of pocket to be Verified is a small price for reassurance.

This provides a measurement of safety as to most people selling don't want their personal information on a public forum, therefore the chances of a scam or dispute happening from the verified Seller's end is much less likely.

However, I do get that some people or "buyers" won't want to spend an additional $10 when the price of a Krono from $8 - $9.50 is enough to be a great deal, or grossly "over-priced." That being said though, I absolutely agree that any transaction over the amount of even $200 should require either BOTH Seller and Buyer to be verified, or, if Buyer isn't verified, then REQUIRE MM services. (Given Seller Verification requirement rules go into effect.)

I've used MM services a handful of times and have had zero issues selling to unverified / non-feedback persons. Well worth every cent spent on it.

I might add more to this later on.

So partly out of boredom, partly out of my own curiosity, I dug into this just a little bit further..

I've been reading up on several of the scams that have been reported / disputed in the appropriate forum. I'm sure Coinstop, Xoxo etc are also tracking the patterns here. So to add to my 2 cents of findings, here it goes..

I've noticed a trend of (the very few) verified with positive feedback sellers that have been reported for scamming. They all seem to be similar in a few aspects. I've also noticed a trend in scams being reported which could have easily been resolved before-hand. This is a random list of thoughts, take the good, throw-away the bad, etc..

I'm sure this list won't be too informative for our Admins / Staff Members here, but if you're a new buyer or seller maybe you'll gain something by it.. These are random findings.

- Verified sellers who "commit scams" often have similar track records as far as positive feedback goes. They get 5 - 10 positive feedback by selling cheap items, such as Krono, or Plat, or various Items. They then put up one "large" item such as a $500 account or something similar.
- I think the only way this could be potentially prevented is during the feedback process REQUIRE a link to the thread / items / price that the buyer, specifically is leaving feedback for. Therefore future buyers can easily designate the differences between a reputable account seller, or just a guy whose sold $60 worth of Krono to rack up his 5 - 6 positive feedbacks.
- I also feel that there should be some sort of way to distinguish the two and require MM service if certain conditions have not been met. IE; Positive feedback / Verified seller has 5 - 6 feedback, however since none of those are large items or accounts, buyers have the ability to easily begin the MM service via a button or link, until conditions are met by Admins, the transaction won't be able to go through.

- Could also form some sort of "Reveal" button for both parties to automatically link to each others Facebook. (I haven't had anyone ask, apart from Admins, but if a buyer was feeling uncomfortable sending cash to just a "bractos45", I'd have no issues being transparent and linking my Facebook to them, so long as they did the same.) You're sending a stranger on the internet your paypal email address and real name. Why not send an email address to get a feel for the person before-hand?

- Make a warning / thread banner or something similar reminding people to not conduct any business-talk outside of this forum. I've had a couple of deals cancelled by buyers because they preferred to talk over a 3rd party email, or chat service that would require screenshots which I disagreed with.
- I've seen a trend within the Report a Scam forum that several "too-good-to-be-true" deals are often negotiated outside of the forum last second. I luckily received a funny feeling from this and declined.

Again, that's it for now. Cheers.

Absolutely!! Anything to help the cause!!

- And hope it is easily readable, haha, it's getting late here so typing fluidly becomes more and more difficult xD

There wasn’t one that perfectly described what I want to see. For me it is all about being verified to sell. I have less concern about buyers. I already have something in place for them personally. If you aren’t verified, you pay half up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back