• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Krono Prices on Phinigel (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 81.8%
17   4   1
Currently, Kronos are selling for 5500 plat- most kronos are sold on phinigel now a days, so are we always going to be seeing $9 kronos? or will the price be affected depending on market price? Not worth purchasing them anymore for an item that keeps doing down in price.

Tec

The price of krono is going down, but with it the price of other items are going down too.

If a swiftblade of zek cost you 10 krono when krono were worth 7.5k each, and now it still costs 10 krono and they're worth 5.5k each, that means the plat price of a swiftblade of zek is also falling equally as fast as krono. (just a random example)

So your krono are worth less actual plat, but worth the same in trade value. You're not losing out on too much by buying at current price is what I'm getting at, unless your goal was to immediately trade them for plat.

They aren't going to fall much in dollar value when you consider that Kronos are anchored to something tangible in a way that platinum isn't. You will always be able redeem Krono for a month of game time.

The price of krono is going down, but with it the price of other items are going down too.

If a swiftblade of zek cost you 10 krono when krono were worth 7.5k each, and now it still costs 10 krono and they're worth 5.5k each, that means the plat price of a swiftblade of zek is also falling equally as fast as krono. (just a random example)

So your krono are worth less actual plat, but worth the same in trade value. You're not losing out on too much by buying at current price is what I'm getting at, unless your goal was to immediately trade them for plat.

This is a very accurate explanation. Thanks for this post. Krono should stay at $9. It's a incredibly solid and fair price for a 30 day subscription.

This doesn't really make sense to be honest. Although I don't want to see the prices of Krono to drop, the price of Krono and plat shouldn't drop the value of an item. The rarity or saturation of items remain the same. If a Horn of Hsagra costed 10 kr when krono were 7.5k a pop, prices should increase to 11-12 kr. If you're selling for less because Krono prices are dropping, then you're doing it wrong. Also, Krono prices are affected by more than what's going on in Phinigel. It's multifactoral across different servers.

Actually I think I recall kronos being $10 each when they were around 4k-5k, then once they got up to 7-8 kronos came back to $9. And yes they're at 5k plat now. Also on PA 10k plat is about $17.80 which is about two krono or $8.90 per krono.

Everyone says the reason krono have gone down is that there are more people actually using platinum, for armor gems or tradeskills (bye bye plat to merchants?) so there isnt a surplus of platinum laying around to push up the price of krono. So it seems to me price of krono in terms of USD could go up if theres less platinum available in the economy, and krono are being consumed every month. Not an economics major though =p

I had people tell me back on ragefire well sir krono has gone up so this item isnt worth that many krono anymore, but ignore that people still pay. If you auction an RBG all day for 3 kr you'll sell it, meanwhile you'll see a seahorse belt going for 3 krono too. Theres a lot of people on the server, if you notice you still see people WTS krono 6k when you can buy them easily for 5k, that = not everyone is up with the current prices. Therefore I stick to the krono price no matter if the platinum value went up or down. I think most of us see krono as the standard and platinum as an indication of how much plat is laying around causing it to devalue (or cost more plat to buy one krono).

People that use this forum / pauctions / random seller sites aren't in the majority so those users don't care if krono is worth 5k or 2k or 400k and beyond maybe a single retail /marketplace krono purchase to get a leg up for starter gear when they first jump on Phinigel aren't looking at video game pixels in terms of $$.

Plus the server isn't full of 6+ box armies needing to consume dozens of krono per person each month so there is a glut sitting around doing nothing aside from the occasional big item transfer so of course the cost of in game currency is going to fall as more krono are introduced and plat is not created quickly enough. It'll taper if/when people stop starting new accounts and/or people stop transferring tens or hundreds of krono earned via their bot armies from other servers (not likely) or if a platinum seller has enough platinum to sustain price erosion and force krono to drop (again not likely).

the tl;dr is krono are still a very safe bet (as safe as anything involving DB can be) and right now is an *awesome* time to buy krono, especially for platinum on Phinny!! it is also a great time to sell raw pp on phinny, as even the cheapest big market retailers are seeing $17/10k or so right now.

This doesn't really make sense to be honest. Although I don't want to see the prices of Krono to drop, the price of Krono and plat shouldn't drop the value of an item. The rarity or saturation of items remain the same. If a Horn of Hsagra costed 10 kr when krono were 7.5k a pop, prices should increase to 11-12 kr. If you're selling for less because Krono prices are dropping, then you're doing it wrong. Also, Krono prices are affected by more than what's going on in Phinigel. It's multifactoral across different servers.

You are absolutely correct in that it should not affect the price of items, but in practice, it does. Supply and demand hasn't really kicked in with those items, so the price is dropping with the Krono drop on Phinigel.

yea people wanna sell everything fast to get the cheap kronos.. so logic tells me when kronos go back yp.. item values will also.

People worry too much. The one thing in EQ that has a guarantee of increasing in plat value is krono. They will go back up, stop freaking out.

It's almost like people that freak out and cash out low risk stock portfolios because their portfolio went down 5 percent one month. Overall, it goes back up.

People worry too much. The one thing in EQ that has a guarantee of increasing in plat value is krono. They will go back up, stop freaking out.

It's almost like people that freak out and cash out low risk stock portfolios because their portfolio went down 5 percent one month. Overall, it goes back up.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back