• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Policy Irrationally accusing others of scamming (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
Get ready for an exciting new rule:

Don't irrationally accuse others of scamming. The penalty is a 1-day suspension.

If you have a rational reason to believe you were scammed, by all means, let everyone know. But don't throw the word around.

I still urge you to report suspicious sellers. I still urge you to report late deliveries. Please, call people out when they're being shady!

There was an uproar about this rule today (see fippy's forum) and people became very pedantic and tried to make this more confusing than it is. It's actually very simple:

Don't be an asshole. If you make multiple threads accusing someone of being a "scammer" because you can't wait 30 minutes for delivery, you're an asshole.

If it actually appears someone's a scammer, and you're a rational human being, then by all means raise the alarm. If it's an honest mistake, that's fine.

As for what defines an irrational and rational accusation: staff decision.

Why I'm making the rule:

There have been multiple sellers falsely accused of scamming this month. Each time someone reports a scam, I drop everything I'm doing and spend an hour looking into the case. When it's a false accusation because a seller is 30 minutes late, I then get to spend another hour dealing with the drama fallout from false accusations. It's a huge waste of time on a forum that monetarily isn't worth it, it waters-down "scammer" reports, and it hurts legit sellers.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone of an existing rule: don't harass the staff.

Last edited:
Updated. Basically I just want my time to be respected.

When you say someone is a scammer, I take that seriously and get straight to work combing for evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back