• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious i just purchased an account like 4 hrs ago and it is suspended when I tried to sign in just now. (1 Viewer)

1660664059058.png

From my personal experience as I read down this thread I immediately thought IP suspension. But what I find curious is that I log into peoples accounts all the time and sometimes they are from other countries… I dont know. Seems like its not that regular of a thing from my experience.
I still haven’t exactly figured out exactly why “some” accounts get hit with this and other’s don’t. My own PERSONAL theory; is that the account in question was already previous flagged Somehow. Be it by using MQ2, harassing someone, RMT, who knows? But something in their system automatically will pick-up, detect, flag, and suspend some accounts that swap IPs too fast. Don’t look at it as a, your account has been suspended for RMT, but more so, due to potentially fraudulent activity on your account, we’re locking it down to figure out what’s up.

Again, I’ve luckily never had this issue selling accounts by letting them sit for a week or so and then selling.

What I’ve learned about EQ in todays light, is that X does not always equal Y punishment. Every time you take part in an RMT, it is a roll of the dice on things you can’t control. This is why I try and emphasize doing everything you can to lessen the risks, it’s still a % chance something wrong will happen, even if every precaution is taken.

Almost every time I see an “auto-ban” like this when buyer tries to log into it for the first time, I think it’s safe to say about 99.9% of the time it’s an IP flag.

What would I do if an IP suspension took place? Easy. Once everything’s ruled out, issue a refund. Only then would I work on reclaiming the account from DB. If I do get it back, great, can’t sell it but at least it can go back into the army. If I don’t get it back, it’s a profit-loss that I accepted the risk of when I got into EQ RMT.

EDIT: Just saw seller agreed to issue a refund to buyer by Monday, the 22nd. While I don’t understand and even potentially disagree with the 7 day wait, I’m glad it sounds like it’s getting resolved. Keep us all posted guys. Remember, doesn’t sound like either of you was specifically attempting to be malicious, this is why no one’s angry at either of ya’ll. This is just one of those, take a deep breath, shit happens that’s outside of our control and we just have to accept it and move on.

Last edited:
So did someone "petition" to get the 7 days rolling?

@Redbot, if the original owner did NOT receive an email regarding the suspension; how was he able to verify it was suspended for cheating? This is more of an FMI (for my information question here).
Sorry for the confusion the timer didn't start with the petition they simply petitioned when it happened to find out what was going on and gms answered they where given seven days for cheating

Hope it works out. Accounts get banned. That’s part of the struggle. Glad you two talked it out at least :)

I want everyone to understand that they will ban you based on ip and geo locations of that ip. Think about it... If you log out of a account and the ip is in the UK and you log in on a ip in the USA and out took you 30 seconds.... They will ban you... It's not 100% but they do get people that way.

UPDATE: I was successful in getting access back to the account. While Daybreak wouldn't say, I suspect the IP was the problem, as if it was "cheating" they probably wouldn't have released the suspension 3 days early. In any event, at the request of the buyer, I have issued a full refund. Both of us have agreed to remove the negative feedbacks. I hope this resolves the situation.

1660949700914.png

Awesome job all around guys. And glad you were able to re-obtain the account.

Now, the big thing to remember is; it's probably safe to hang onto that account for a loooooong time now before the flag "wears off". Any further transaction / IP swap on that particular account could result in a permanent ban. Not worth the roll of the dice. And remember, cool the goods off before trying to sell. xD

Either way though, damn good job! Cheers!!

When you get suspended you get an email, whatever time it says on that email is the time the account got suspended. if you get suspended after the sale than thats on the buyer.

I don’t agree. You can get suspended for something that happened days or weeks before the sale. How is that on the buyer if it happens to be suspended right after you purchased the account ?

Yea.. if one of my accounts was compromised shortly after a sale, I would expect it was due to my actions and not theirs.
When the account is suspended before the buyer ever logs in how is that on the buyer? Make it make sense. Lol

Precisely.
There's lots of chatter about how some accounts are unused in xyz amount of months, and an assumed flag on the account for "the next cycle of suspensions".

Not sure the validity, but from a sellers standpoint, I wouldn't want anyone that I've had business with to ever have to suffer from my blunders. With that being said, a "reasonable" amount of time between acquisition and suspension is something to discuss between buyer/seller.

When you get suspended you get an email, whatever time it says on that email is the time the account got suspended. if you get suspended after the sale than thats on the buyer.

Disagreed. This thread has proven this statement to be false. (No email, never got to log in account, etc...) Every situation is unique, which is why we ask very specific questions to whittle down what happened. Suspended 3 months after the sale went through? No doubt, that's on the buyer, tough luck. Didn't even get to log into the account before it was suspended? Definitely not the fault of the buyer.

Open and critical thinking into every fresh dispute, and build on that with the experience you have.

Precisely.
There's lots of chatter about how some accounts are unused in xyz amount of months, and an assumed flag on the account for "the next cycle of suspensions".

Not sure the validity, but from a sellers standpoint, I wouldn't want anyone that I've had business with to ever have to suffer from my blunders. With that being said, a "reasonable" amount of time between acquisition and suspension is something to discuss between buyer/seller.

Absolutely agreed. And also not sure whether or not those flags fall off at some point after not logging into them. But that's all my entire personal theory with little to no evidence of backing it up, so won't go too far into it.

I just know I've seen First-Hand some pretty "illicit" stuff happening in-game that goes by for weeks before finally being corrected in the form of a suspension or ban. It's very hard for me to wrap my head around, someone just sent me their money, the account definitely got banned, he's only had it for a few hours.... A. What would be the point of that? and B. What could they have possibly done to actually get the attention of the GMs that quick? and again C. What was the point of that?

Makes more sense in THIS type of situation it was clearly an IP suspension, and nothing more. Happens. Sucks, but it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back