• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Implemented I believe that a BUMP default sort order should apply to the "What's New" forums as well - a simple REPLY to a thread should NOT override the 3 bumps (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Awhile ago Klesko suggested and we voted and we implemented on stopping the "reply bumping" and new thread creation bumping in the sales forums; however, the "reply" to any thread bumped is still bumping threads automatically on the "What's New" page which is out front for everyone to see and everyone knows this; there are a lot of people abusing this and buddying up to get reply bumps (when there's been no transactions) or the random 0-0-0 (meaning they bought nothing or they claim to buy, then received no feedback LOL) is replying to threads simply to OVERRIDE the already implemented 3 bumps per day per account rule that's been implemented.

Just my two cents.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't believe you understand how forum builds work.. Relative threads show up there because they are being utilized. It's standard and useful, It should not be done away with merely because you are having an ongoing feud with someone that has no interest in participating.

Last edited:
Oh I understand just fine, thanks bud! If it were being used properly and not being abused it's a great idea, but when people use it maliciously, then it becomes an issue. I don't mind posting all the malicious stuff if you'd like examples DK :)

You do realize the only reason this thread will be seen by the public, Is in fact that this goes to the front page because your engaging in conversation on it? Could you explain what the point would be of it remaining at the bottom of the thread where it will never be seen, even though we are actively communicating on it?

Please post "All the malicious stuff" if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Again, it's not based on "engaging in conversation" which is only done in "start conversations" in your inbox... but instead, it's done simply by a REPLY, which there are TONS of examples of how people here are doing it here thus wasting others prescribed 3 daily bumps.

Could you explain how it "wastes" other prescribed bumps? You voted to make that change yourself.
And if you would site examples as posted above, that would be helpful in getting to the bottom of this.

LOL DK, I love your deflections! =)

I do appreciate your replies to this thread as they are proving my point exactly!

Anyhow, I'll be around! Have a great day!

You're doing this maliciously... I could name a few words here, but you're making it a joke... and it's not... so keep on trollin' DK! I made a post for suggestion and here your true colors and professionalism are showing bright! :) Have a great day bud! Keep the bumps coming :) just validating exactly why I made this suggestion as we're locking it on the FRONT page "What's New" forums for no good reason, which is exactly what is being replied, emoticoned, etc abused in general.

How about removing "What's New"? Let's try it out for a day. I'll add an EverQuest dropdown there instead.

@Redbot
We also already have a "new posts" which maintains the 3 bumps order of use if you will... so omitting the "What's New" being bumped by "replies" seems very logical to me!... *shrug*

@Redbot
We also already have a "new posts" which maintains the 3 bumps order of use if you will... so omitting the "What's New" being bumped by "replies" seems very logical to me!... *shrug*
p.s.-- @Redbot can you please ask DK to stop being malicious with the negative ratings, this is, again, him showing his true colors with his lack of professionalism. We are allowed to create suggestions based on FACTS and EVIDENCE from the forums use. I would appreciate it DK if you could please keep some civility as we address this suggestion, THANK YOU! Futhermore, long ago I made the grown up move to put you on ignore, so I didn't have to receive your malicious coversations; therefore, I can not receive any conversations from you about purchasing Krono, nor would I.

That goes for bumping right after the other / copying ads / sub-posting / feedback bombing / etc.

I can keep tweaking the forums but ideally you'd give me a rest and just stop finding ways to abuse one another with the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back