• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

How can we make this a better place to buy and sell? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
We've been running this bazaar forum as a sort of "craigslist" for the EQ community. We've implemented ratings and bans for using a proxy, but we want to make things even safer.

Nobody knows how to make it better than the people who use it, so please tell us:

What can we do to make this bazaar forum a safer, easier-to-use place for sellers and buyers? How can we make it harder for P99 mods to detect accounts? How can we make it harder for scammers to scam?

As far P99 mods detecting accounts...nothing you can do for that. The sellers/buyers need to just understand that people will rat others out and there is always a risk when you buy/sell in-game currency/items/accounts. P99 isn't a huge server is full of greedy and selfish people who will gladly call someone out for RMT. I don't usually do work with anyone that isn't a subscriber with positive feedback due to scams and such.

Make it mandatory to be a paying Redguides member, once you are a paying member your Paypal email is listed on redguides list and something that annotates under your username i.e Verified paypal user.

Your Redguides Paypal email needs to match your requesting Paypal email payment and you need to provide your requesting paypal email in all your bazaar posts.

Create a sticky of only users that are verified ie Username-(Paypal email) *verified or unverified

This is all to create a list of emails (black listed paypal emails etc) what do you guys think? This is just an idea.

Maybe take a look at playerauctions system if your looking for an overhaul. But their system would require redguides to hold the payment info and such which may put the back end beyond what you would want to do. On the flip side it would give redguides a source of income to cover the infrastructure expense.

The other option is a brokerage service like wealthmanager is starting but have it as part of the interface and a stand out option when browsing someones wts post. Which would be the easiest to implement but requires a person(s) to be available. This also throws more risk at the whole scheme since I think they (p99) would be able to track easier if it gets wide spread use.

I've never noticed the "Red Verified" banner before under avatars - is that new? I think that is an excellent step tower verifying legitimate traders and potential scammers.

I've never noticed the "Red Verified" banner before under avatars - is that new? I think that is an excellent step tower verifying legitimate traders and potential scammers.

Yup, it's new as of yesterday. Thanks to the community here for suggesting it.

Anyone have any more tips for hiding from P99 gm's while selling/buying here?

Last edited:
Seems like P99 has the highest number of scammers (multiple scammer accounts giving +feedbacks to their other account on different sites)
I will never deal with 0 feedback user unless there is a trusted middleman.

My suggestion is people with a new Redguides account or with zero posts, no reputation on Redguides, etc must agree to a middleman service and be Red Verified when trying to sell P99 stuff. Its all about blacklisting paypal emails.

New sellers irritate the piss out of me. Some are legit but they want all the safety and none of the risk in transactions even when dealing with members that are known for years and have a significant amount of Red.

Last edited:
Redbot,

The vast majority of scams are sellers scamming buyers.

Best way to protect from scammers is simply forum ban people with zero feedback from starting threads - only allow them to create new "sell" threads when they have a minimum level of feedback from purchases they've made, say 3 feedback or above. That way at least these scammers are going to have to blitz through some cash before targetting us, and when they are detected they lose their account with the feedback and have to start all over again. This factor is a major deterant.

Theres a skype group been started amongst about 75 trusted sellers and buyers on P99 because this place just cant be trusted. The reason being that at the minute your bringing a knife to a gun fight. Need to stop being so soft on scammers and start putting in prohibitions prior to this shit happening; proactive rather than reactive.

Not that I dont endorse everything you and the team do; I love this site. Just would like to see its community protected a little better from the neckbeards that try to ruin it for everyone else. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back