• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Buyers beware - Pikles (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I purchased a power-levelling service several weeks ago, for levels 15 to 50. After two weeks, my character had just reached level 36, and I stopped getting updates / communication from Pikles (AKA Justin Perry). Now over three weeks have passed and my character is still level 36. I haven't heard from Justin in a week - he does not reply to my emails. I have received no refund, and as such I feel I have been ripped-off. I did not receive the service I paid for. Buyers beware! Pikles (AKA Justin Perry) is a scammer and should NOT be trusted.

I completely understand the inherent risks in transactions like this, and I know I won't get anything back. I just want to make sure he doesn't take anyone else's money.

I wasn't going to post about this myself - I simply left negative feedback for him. Seeing that other people have been affected though I will add my two cents and second what cdt280 is saying. I struck a deal with him to level my druid from 1-49. He assured me multiple times this would take approximately a week. After a week my druid was sitting at level 15 and hadn't been logged in for days. He became very unresponsive over email. Steer clear, this guy is maybe not a scammer but if he isn't then he is not very good at powerleveling.

You've gotten yourself into a dilly of a pickle, pikles. You have 24 hours to respond to this thread

Re-read my post and just want to be clear that I didn't actually get scammed out of money, it was more broken promises and lack of communication in my case. We had set up the deal installments and he did (eventually) finish the first installment, at which point I told him not to continue further because of the issues we had been having. Sorry that happened to you OP.

It's a huge responsibility to open up a PL business.
Clients will rely on you.
PL services should be left to the professionals.
Guys who know what they are doing and guys / girls who have the free RL time to commit.
From what I've read , the handful of PL guys out there are doing a great job.
Hiring a PL service is like in RL, how homeowners hire a handyman for household projects.
Many homeowners don't have the time nor the skill for home projects.
So a handyman is hired.
I view PL service the same way.
And even in RL, many handymen get in over their head and end up getting sued by the homeowner for unfinished projects.

He was in contact with me up until 1 week ago when he said he needed 2 days or so to deal with RL.
At the time he was leveling ok.
I have monitored the account he had access to.
Today I logged in to find the character back in SFG with minimal gear(Exactly everything I left on him. He geared the toon a bit to plevel)

No response in email.
Tried to work with the guy even til now.

If Pikles refunds everyone or begins to complete his orders, let me know and I'll lift the ban.

It's a huge responsibility to open up a PL business.
Clients will rely on you.
PL services should be left to the professionals.
Guys who know what they are doing and guys / girls who have the free RL time to commit.
From what I've read , the handful of PL guys out there are doing a great job.
Hiring a PL service is like in RL, how homeowners hire a handyman for household projects.
Many homeowners don't have the time nor the skill for home projects.
So a handyman is hired.
I view PL service the same way.
And even in RL, many handymen get in over their head and end up getting sued by the homeowner for unfinished projects.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back