• You've discovered EC Tunnel ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿซฑ๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿซฒ๐Ÿพ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community ๐Ÿ˜‡ If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Discussion Anyone else experiencing krono poofing? (1 Viewer)

The Krono market has been messy. Chargebacks and fraud reached unprecedented levels with the latest TLP.
I am taking a well deserved vacation because I can't be certain that the supply isn't tainted, regardless of how it was acquired (plat trades, item sales, bulk buys, etc).

It's EverQuest hot potato and you get platinum if it expl0des in your hands! MASSIVE INFLATION!!!
will ferrell GIF

The Krono market has been messy. Chargebacks and fraud reached unprecedented levels with the latest TLP.
I am taking a well deserved vacation because I can't be certain that the supply isn't tainted, regardless of how it was acquired (plat trades, item sales, bulk buys, etc).

It's EverQuest hot potato and you get platinum if it expl0des in your hands! MASSIVE INFLATION!!!
will ferrell GIF
What I've noticed is that as long as you receive krono via parcel you're fine. It's when you use trade windows that the problem happens. I did notice something very unusual the other day tho. I logged into vox to do a trade at like 2 or 3am EST and normally I'll see maybe one other person near the parcel NPC but this time there was at least 30 level 1's surrounding it. No clue what that was all about.

Sadly, I have had Krono that was received via parcel removed. They track from the source of the fraud to its final destination to remove them.

I almost never post because most talk goes nowhere. And this will go nowhere too. But for anybody that reads this, a record should be set forth about what happened on Teek this year and is continuing to happen to EQ under Darkpaw Games.

Teek has the worst hyperinflation of any TLP pre-Luclin to date. As a player and trader that deals exclusively on the latest TLPs, I can tell you this year has been the worst TLP for farming to date. Unlike Oakwynd, we didn't even make it to Luclin before the hyperinflation hit this year, and the server had other structural stability issues, and perhaps the most toxicity overall in the game's history. When the krono went missing, the onus to notice and report it was completely on the player. Meaning if we didn't notice krono went missing (goodness knows how many krono I lost this year before I started tracking them), the krono simply vanished forever. Once I started tracking my krono, I had 2 missing within 2 days, and this was toward the end of the problem. I'm not sure what legal or ethical authority a company has to dupe platinum out of nothing to reimburse an item that's tracked as revenue on their balance sheets, but the whole business is dirty and ugly. What is obvious is that Darkpaw Games would have likely taken "unacceptable" levels of losses from the missing krono this year, so they chose to pass the losses onto their customers and torch another TLP server's economy instead. Since Mischief, virtually every TLP has had a platinum dupe. It's forming a pattern, and it's getting old to be honest. Many of us farmers and boxers are getting tired of the mismanagement and incompetency and corruption. As a long time TLP veteran, I can assure you Teek is the worst TLP in the history of the game, for all kinds of reasons beyond missing krono and deliberate duping of platinum. For a year where they announced they were going to crack down on cheating and toxic behavior, the net result was the opposite. Their company is wack-a-moleing the little guys as usual over nothing, which never made much sense to me. But they are letting the most toxic boxers and boters in the game contest epic mobs against real players and guilds--something they used to take action against. They let the AErs disrupt and train zones without repercussion because they generate krono sales. It's the wild, wild West out there. There's no logic, reason, accountability, or commonality in any of it, other than the obvious cash-grab incentives. The TLP journey is getting old and stale from this veteran's perspective. This is the year of EQ's 25th anniversary, but the game is less like EQ than ever. But Darkpaw Games calls this the "Year of Darkpaw." Then hillarity ensued. It's funny how these modern corporations combine such hubris with such incompetency and likely corruption. Sage out.

To give you an example and reason for my vacation, I've had over 200 krono removed from my accounts since Teek launched. That doesn't include my losses from krono that were removed from buyers that I then replaced with other stock. Several likely petitioned in and got platinum, too, so my losses were doubled and they received krono and plat.

There's a certain group of people that have been using stolen credit card dumps to purchase bulk krono and offload them as fast as possible to get either platinum or USD and pass on the risk. That was the specific reason that I posted the Geofencing ECT thread because it's the exact same tactic as MarryMe used but targeted towards DPG and rinsing the bad krono through bulk and in-game sales, rather than by buying krono from other people on ECT.

@Redbot just FYI that this problem persists and that ECTunnel allowing these users to operate here has impacted every server's in-game economy. It's super neat.

It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the whole bunch. It's not suspicious that new vendors popped up and listed that they have 500+ krono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back