• You've discovered EC Tunnel šŸ’µšŸ«±šŸ»ā€šŸ«²šŸ¾ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community šŸ˜‡ If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! šŸ‘‹

Implemented Additional Account Flags (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
694   0   0
There's a custom flag for accounts that are under investigation, banned, etc that makes it easy to see that we should be careful completing trades with those members- if at all.

Scams have increased on ECTunnel in recent months so I'm humbly requesting that we add additional colored banners to user profiles. Something like:
UNVERIFIED

There are more that could be useful but I wanted to throw this out for discussion. I'm careful about who I deal with but it would be AWESOME if the UI could assist me in quickly making these decisions.

One Love,
X

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
1668888437822.png

and a new member tag does show up sometimes...but not sure for how long lol

@Redbot would know better than myself on that

It'd be neat to standardize the flags. I like the big red banned/suspended block-- maybe the Unverified block should be a yellow flag?
Color coding things makes it easier for my childish brain to comprehend. :)

Couple things here... 1. I like the color banner idea, but 2. sticking with the current colors... I don't feel like it would be necessary to say "unverified," but instead a green banner that simply says verified would do... as for the new member color, no idea, but the YELLOW should be for "Under Investigation"... would definitely help noticing it... though today I noticed someone posted LF Krono on a Banned/Suspended Krono Forum Thread, so I don't know that people are even bothering to read or see the banners...

I would and that's all that matters; you can't fix stupid but you can use a UI to assist sellers in making an informed decision.
Those were just examples as a suggestion for how we could color code users like DEFCON levels.

View attachment 39950
I just thought the banner in said color as a strong idea! :) ... maybe insert an orange or purple in there instead of two yellows :p

I'm all for it. The current warning we have for unverified members;

1670524508861.png

To new customers almost looks "intimidating" like they should automatically distrust them, despite there being PLENTY of legit, reputable unverified traders here. I think the green "Unverified" looks a lot cleaner.
Only slight improvement I could think of, is if we had a way of when you scroll over that banner, a tiny description of what that means pops up w/ maybe a reminder to look at feedback first or something.

Verified - Scroll Over; "This trader has submitted personal information to the website which helps build trust via ... blah blah"
Unverified - Scroll Over; "This trader is considered to be anonymous, however by looking at feedback / date joined can help make... blah blah"

Just so the new members can quickly reference / understand what each one of the banners means. But even scratching that, I really like the look of those. Much more professional!! Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm all for it. The current warning we have for unverified members;

View attachment 40417

To new customers almost looks "intimidating" like they should automatically distrust them, despite there being PLENTY of legit, reputable unverified traders here. I think the green "Unverified" looks a lot cleaner.
Only slight improvement I could think of, is if we had a way of when you scroll over that banner, a tiny description of what that means pops up w/ maybe a reminder to look at feedback first or something.

Verified - Scroll Over; "This trader has submitted personal information to the website which helps build trust via ... blah blah"
Unverified - Scroll Over; "This trader is considered to be anonymous, however by looking at feedback / date joined can help make... blah blah"

Just so the new members can quickly reference / understand what each one of the banners means. But even scratching that, I really like the look of those. Much more professional!! Cheers!
Looks great.

Partially implemented. "New member" banner added, but no change to design of banners (yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back