• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Report Account sold in July 2020 and recently taken back (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Nathanlee777
When did the issue occur?
September 23rd, 2021
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/wts-level-115-beastlord-38k-aas-pricedrop-sold.79230/
Value of property in dispute
Several thousand in raid gear, augs and raid currency etc
Nathanlee777 sold an account to me on July 31, 2020 and everything was fine until last week. Someone put a 2 factor authenticator on the account and I'm locked out. There was no communication prior to or even after this occurred from Nathanlee777.

The stuff that was on the account is a bigger issue than the account itself. Tons of TOV raid gear, raid currency, augs, clickies, hero's forge items, big bags and so on. I know there is nothing you can do about that but I can't get Nathanlee777 to respond to me so I think he may need to be banned from selling in the future to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

I've tried reaching out to him through PMs here and through direct emails and haven't heard anything from him.

Ive had this randomly happen to me from my own accts.... should def check with him prior to to see if you can get this resolved. to fix all i had to do was add a phone number get a code and put in the code. IF Nathanllee777 did it intentionally then yes thats F'd up.

I reached out to him last Thursday here through the message system and through email with no response.

I hope I'm wrong and we can work it out but it seems to be intentional.

I am unable to log in. Customer support told me there is a phone number that was added sometime between September 10th (last time I logged in) and last Friday but they want info the seller didn't provide in order to help me any further.

I know the difference between needing to add a number and needing to generate a code. I get "invalid credentials" when trying to log in because I can't generate the 6 digit code from the authenticator someone else added.

ahh okay. sorry just trying to get all the info cleared up so there wasnt any confusion or misunderstanding. it happens often enough that someone mistakes being locked out versus just needing to add their phone number.

yeah I don't know how it's asking you for a code to log on. especially if that authenticator isn't even a thing anymore.

From his original post, it says that he already had a number linked to the account. so if you never changed it, it would still be his information.

You have to replace the number with a number.

sorry this happened to you, from how it seems, the guy is online and not responding, hope it got cleared up.

From his original post, it says that he already had a number linked to the account. so if you never changed it, it would still be his information.

You have to replace the number with a number.

sorry this happened to you, from how it seems, the guy is online and not responding, hope it got cleared up.

Unfortunately he never responded and when he sent the info all he sent was username, password and secret question/answer. I was able to use it any time without the need for a 6 digit code throughout the 13 months I had access to it.

At some point between September 10th and September 20th the 2 factor authentication was added to the account by someone (not me) and I wasn't able to log in without the code which is generated on a phone, in this case his phone.

I thought it had the same issue others had with "invalid credentials" so I tried logging in on the EQ site, the forum and the launcher. I bypass the launcher other than patch days FYI.

I then used a separate account to create a petition and they asked for the phone number associated with the account and I couldn't provide it so they wouldn't go any further without that and his full name and DOB.

I reached out through the PM system here and through an email since I had his email address and he hasn't responded through either as of this moment.

ahh okay. sorry just trying to get all the info cleared up so there wasnt any confusion or misunderstanding. it happens often enough that someone mistakes being locked out versus just needing to add their phone number.

yeah I don't know how it's asking you for a code to log on. especially if that authenticator isn't even a thing anymore.

You can still add an authenticator if you own one im not sure you can still buy them though.

I guess nothing ever happened with this. I hope the seller got banned from the site so he can't do that to anyone else. It's a shame that people will do stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back