• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

SWtech, scammer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecollector

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So just got chargebacked from SWtech for 280 dollars, He purchased a character i sold to someone else, who then sold it to him which ended up getting banned in the banwave. so he first tried to dispute my sale i made with him that was not the character but items/plat with paypal which got denied, so he then called his credit card company and chargebacked his CC.

him using his CC to use paypal shows that he was always going to scam me, another thing is if he is reading this. You should be a man and accept the consequences of your actions. I got banned on several accounts and items i had purchased but i didn't go around chargebacking the people that sold them to me.

This guys name is A. W., and lives in NJ. I will be following up with the police to get this guy the help he needs so he learns a little something about being a man. Time to grow up pal.

I was also warned by a friend who also was dealing with him that he was upset that the account i sold to him, which was resold to him was banned and that he was trying to get him to chargeback me and then refund himself with that money, my friend is a stand up guy and i guess didn't do it so swtech instead hit me at another trade and chargebacked me to recoup whatever he could.

pGc6ROv.png

seems like he was perfectly happy with the trade we did and that i was trustworthy, indicates he got what he wanted. Guess giving him a great deal worked in my favor though. since now i only have to pay 280 dollars to paypal until i can recover it through the authorities.

swtech is now banned from these forums if anyone doubts what im saying, provided the details to the mods and they saw it was enough evidence to ban him. so, beware out there guys, this guy is probably throwing chargebacks all over.

edit: seriously guys if u did a trade with this guy, check your bank/paypal, he used a CC to make these purchases, he always intended on chargeback.

double edit: i was told by paypal that they were aware of CC chargeback scams, and that they had certain protections in place and it wouldn't be an issue if he disputed the claim, i didn't realize it at the time but they were using tricky underhanded wording, YES if he disputes it was PAYPAL, it will be denied just as they did, but once he disputes it with his CC it will go through. Which i find amazing the fact that paypal can deny the dispute, but when the CC disputes it, all the sudden it's no longer in dispute, his CC was used without his knowledge even though paypal has evidence saying it wasn't. DO NOT USE PAYPAL

You are given a chance to defend yourself with his cc company, fyi. They are required to attempt to contact you to see your side. IF a charge back is issued, it is because they find it is a scam or you did not respond. I have had to charge back a couple times and have gone through this.

*edit* unless they just lie, I did not take that into account. He could have said his card was stolen, idk =x
** also, if they see multiple charge backs for 1 person, that is also suspicious =x

Presumably you had a discussion upfront around whether this account had ever been used for RMT?

If the OP said no, and it was banned for RMT - False advertisement, buyer deserves money back.
If the OP said yes, and the buyer accepted it - Knew risks, tough luck, shouldnt have claimed back.

Presumably you had a discussion upfront around whether this account had ever been used for RMT?

If the OP said no, and it was banned for RMT - False advertisement, buyer deserves money back.
If the OP said yes, and the buyer accepted it - Knew risks, tough luck, shouldnt have claimed back.

i never sold him an account, an account i sold to someone else, who was resold atleast 2 times to my knowledge, then he bought was banned, he is chargebacking me on a deal me and him did on items/plat that to my knowledge is not banned(how do i know this for certain i don't, other than every single customer i had that i sold to other than 1 person is banned.) in order to make up for a deal i didn't even do with him going south. he thinks since it was my character originally that i should bare the brunt of his misfortune.

Sorry to hear that thecollector , I thought Swetch was legit guy

to be honest, as far as i know, everything he has done has been legit, this is the first thing i have heard of him doing something bad. I kinda think he had good intentions and just ended up in a bad spot, to my knowledge he is the only person who during the ban wave had extensive inventory, i know alot of my friends who are resellers were cleared out of inventory leaving swtech with the most to lose.

He is just lashing out trying to recover whatever he can. Just think doing it at someone elses expense is pretty shitty. luckily enough looks like they are going to reverse the chargeback due to the mountain of evidence i have been able to provide.

Wanted to post to clear this all up. Few points to clarify this situation:
Thecollector only sold me 1 thing. An account. This account was "hot" and he knew it. I had no idea. But, he assured me it was safe to go ahead and that nothing would happen to the account. He told me it was safe, he gave me a few precautions to lay low and such, and I followed these to the T, as always.

Very soon after this, the account was banned when the ban wave hit on Feb 15, over 400+ accounts were banned. The minute this happened, I messaged him on Skype, notifying him of this. I also spoke to another individual who had purchased accounts from Thecollector as well. Those were also banned. I reached out to Thecollector and he barely remembered who I was and that he had sold me an account. I have skype conversation logs to prove this. After this, he had simply stopped responding to me. He did not offer a way to resolve this situation at all.

Thecollector: I don't know why you think I had items or plat purchased from you. I did not. I don't know why you think any of my other accounts were banned. They were not. Only the ones that you sold were banned on that day. I lost nothing else in the ban wave. I'm not sure if you have me confused with someone else at this point.

You sold out off of Red99, lots of gear, plat, accounts, in a very short period of time. You posted a foolish thread on the Rants and Flames forum there. You did not exit gracefully and intelligently and as a result you were flagged for ban, and many accounts associated with you were as well.

I hope that clears this up. I'm sure anyone else I have dealt with here can vouch for my credibility. I have wronged no one. If you have dealt with me and it has been a positive experience, please feel free to post here to vouch. Thank you!

I support Swetch and he's a good man knows how to protect his assets from random ban. We discussed about how to be bit more safe to trade as well as some tech issue . I didn't get ban nor my customers did too and all my wares are safe because I don't sell here and there for small change. Also I blame Arcane1 for this recent ban wave, seems like everyone who sold/bought something from arcane1 got banned and I did my research , selling 20 dollars worth of plats here there thru what 50 random people ? Come on now

I'm not saying the charge back was right way to solve the issue , you two guys should settled this in PM or over Skype

Look what you did here Arcane1 , the chain reaction

Say something about it

Arcane brought more damage then probably all scammers together. No, I didnt buy anything from him. Chargeback,
If u can. He was selfish, now let him bleed.

I'm going to let this slide, but I'm making a rule for the future:

In the event that your account is banned, the blame lies with the GM's of the game. Placing blame elsewhere is ridiculous, as the account-buyer and account-seller are equally breaking the GM's rules.

Chargebacks on banned accounts will be considered a scam.

not a hot account, all of the accounts i sold that didn't change hands with a certain person are unbanned, the account you say i sold to you was not bought from me. it did originate from me though.

either way i admit its a shitty situation, you got stuck with a bum account. it wasn't that way when i first owned it, since all of my accounts i still own are not banned? still you don't charge back someone for that.

edit: luckily enough 280 dollars is not a big deal to me, obviously you are just trying to get any money back you can, as im aware that you had a huge stockpile of goods banned. you are trying to do circles in your own mind how to blame other people for your actions. i'd watch out dealing with this guy in the future. and never use paypal, that was my mistake.

im more impressed how he isn't banned from this site honestly, since when is it ok to chargeback anyone.

lets say i did sell him this account the way he is claiming, since when is it ok to charge back someone after you do a deal? also, all accounts i ever sold to seasoned buyers were smart and would log the account in first to check it out before giving payment, how can you claim hot account and still buy it if you saw the name?

There are some serious wtf moments in your defense line of thought, there are a ton of mitigating factors here, how did you land exactly on this being my fault when so much of your stock was banned that was unrelated to me and my stuff remains unbanned? were are the people coming to the forums claiming everything i sold them is banned? ONE person i sold to had stuff banned, and he was the target of the p99 staff investigation, and that is who you bought this account from. But the only way you can recoup your money is through me because he didnt use paypal.

You sold out off of Red99, lots of gear, plat, accounts, in a very short period of time. You posted a foolish thread on the Rants and Flames forum there. You did not exit gracefully and intelligently and as a result you were flagged for ban, and many accounts associated with you were as well.

this is his justification of chargebacking me, this is what he landed on. this is what he really was thinking when he chargebacked me, one of the people i bought the accounts from posted stuff on the p99 forums. I have never had a p99 forum account. also, the account you bought, was actually my REAL account, my one account i had on r99 was a lvl 60 vp geared necro. you claiming it was hot is laughable.

you should be ashamed and this site should do the right thing for its members. This guy just scammed me lol.

double edit: we all are in the same circles at the higher end of reselling, we all know swtech's situation, when the ban happened he was the one holding the most accounts/items that were banned, everyone knows you are just trying to recoup whatever you can based off some extremely trickster maneuvering.

swtech is making every purchase he does with paypal on a CC so he can chargeback if he wants to. seller beware.

Last edited:
You're an idiot. What part of: NONE of my accounts or items or plat was banned, do you not understand? The only thing banned was your account. The account I got from you was clearly not safe. None of my other things were banned. It's simple man. I don't do shady deals, I don't scam people. You're the one who seems to be going in circles. You have an awful memory. Or you're severely confused. End of story. My feedback here over an extended period of time speaks for itself.

You joined this site 2 months ago to sell all of your Red99 wares in a short period of time. That's all you did and you're mad because things didn't go as smoothly as you planned and you didn't take the proper precautions to ensure smooth sales or this wouldn't have happened.

im fine, luckily enough it was just me fucking around cashing out and reselling my friends shit for them, and i have a real job and i can eat 280 dollars whatever, i just think its very small of you to chargeback someone for a situation you yourself got yourself into.

take it like a man, or take it like a bitch, it is whatever it is.

In the event that your account is banned, the blame lies with the GM's of the game. Placing blame elsewhere is ridiculous, as the account-buyer and account-seller are equally breaking the GM's rules.

That kinda sucks, considering there are ways to prevent a sold account from getting banned and it is extremely easy, only a scammer would not protect it =x

There are many of decidicing factors here and honestly I agree SWTech not getting banned after knowing the risks of buying an account especially when it is the #1 thing to NOT do on the server, the risk he knew he was taking wasa trajedy.

Would everyone not be banned on this forum if the majority of the server bought an account and got banned shortly after and disputing their transactions for their money back? Kind of bunk security

If someone lies about an accounts history, it's like false advertisement.

If I said I have a 60 chanter for sale and you log in to find a level 5 ranger - you'd be equally pissed.

What I don't get is in this comment "He purchased a character i sold to someone else, who then sold it to him which ended up getting banned in the banwave" Then later says I used paypal cause the other party didn't use payal. So to me that's like a middle man in a way. So what's to say this 3rd party didn't do the nasty deed for more rmt...

I get that... but if he purchase a character he sold to someone else, then how the fuck did SWTech end up giving money to TheCollector?

If the OP is true then the scenario and trail of money goes as follows:

- Middle man buys account from TheCollector and presumably pays him for it.
- SWTech buys account from middle man, pays middle man.
- TheCollector is chargeback'ed by middle man but still blames SWTech
- There is NO money trail between SWTech and TheCollector.

Wanna know why this didnt happen? Because the OP is pure bullshit.

The truth is that SWTech bought directly from TheCollector who claimed it was legit, he lied about the product, and sold him a car without an engine. Buyers deserve to know the truth so they can make an informed decision knowing all the risks, even if its dodgy a lot of people will still buy it and take the risks. The issue is the lie, not risk of buying the account. In this scenario I find it hard to believe that everyone on planet earth wouldnt attempt a refund.

And btw, im completely impartial - I dont know any of the parties involved.

TLDR; Team #SWTech. Lock the thread tbh.

i did a different trade with him, for items and plat, not the character trade. And when the guy who sold him the character wouldn't chargeback me personally, he went and chargebacked me on another trade.

shit is rude. it's all done with now though. I got my point across to anyone who has reading comprehension skills and took the time to read this thread i outlined everything perfectly. I just think people should be very careful about selling this guy anything. If you do don't use anything he can use a credit card with.

I got my money back, i had to fight paypal for it, im lucky because he first tried to chargeback me through paypal saying someone hacked his paypal, but they denied him since it was the same IP address, then he went to his credit card company and said someone stole his credit card and made the purchase, and then they contacted paypal and forced paypal to do the chargeback. I took the evidence they already had collected and went through the review process on my end and showed them that they already had the proof that he was infact the one who made the purchase and no one scammed/stole/hacked his paypal or credit card. Also this thread helped me aswell. So thank you SWtech.

Congrats TheCollector! he bought the product, he knew the risk he took it.. so happens he barely got to use whatever it was that he bought with very little time but shit happens

How can someone 'KNOW" the account is hot?? Nobody expected the ban wave or they would of prepared for it. You made a decision to buy an account and it happen to be banned in the ban wave. That is too bad for you. Shit happens, deal with it.

Why is this guy NOT BANNED from the site yet? The guy charged-back and admitted to it.

You guys must have missed Redbot post. Nothing is going to be done move along.

sounds like bs to me. SWtech did a chargeback and knew the account could Potentially have some trouble or issues. Chargeback is a chargeback plain and simple, he bought something and did a chargeback AFTER the transaction was done and feedback was left. I def. Won't be doing business with scum like that. I had accounts I bought In the past get banned, take some responsibility , should've been banned, I know who to stay away from, charging back is not right and you being banned does not justify it whether or not you think it does. You KNOW the risks of account buying and selling and you KNOW the baggage some accounts come with, regardless what the seller says. You do RMT, you deal with precautions instead of charging back like some sad 16 year old kid. I'd stay away from this scum if I were anyone.

Let me clean this up a bit.

1) The account he ended up with was not sold directly from me to him, he bought it from another person(after it had passed through at minimum 2 other hands)
2) I did a transaction over paypal with him for platinum and items, This was what he filed a charge back for because he NEVER bought the account directly from me but he knew it originated from me.
3) Days after the massive P99 ban wave, I was told by a friend and big reseller that this person was asking him to chargeback me for various trades me and the friend did. The friend warned me of this and told me he would NOT chargeback despite swtech pushing him to do multiple chargebacks so he could recover some of his money from this friend and reseller.
4) Here are 3 emails I received from paypal, forgive the copy paste slop it doesn't format well and I had to edit out names as per legal reasons plus I never intended to purposely drop name and email onto a public forum so thank you redbot. I tried my best to space the emails with bolded -----

PayPal <[email protected]>
Feb 19

to me
Hello BLANK,

Recently we notified you that an unauthorized activity claim had been filed
against a transaction you received.

As a reminder, we are currently investigating the following transaction:

Sender’s name: A W
Sender’s email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: ~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction date: Jan 20, 2015
Transaction amount: $280.40 USD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Followed by:

Feb 20

to me
Hello BLANK,

We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were
unable to find evidence of unauthorized access to the buyer’s account. This
case was denied to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account.

Sender’s name: A W
Sender’s email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: ~~~~~

Transaction date: Jan 20, 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then came this little gem in the mail, Because obviously paypal failed him but we can always resort to using the fallback method which is the credit card TUH DUH! Too bad you can't tell who is using a CC and who isn't, Hell paypal freely supplies their own PP CC to people which they can use to scam people granted they dont get more then a few transactions before paypal catches on so using an unaffiliated one seems best!:

Feb 23

to me
Dear ME,

We are writing to let you know that one of your buyers opened a chargeback with their card issuer. The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchase.

Here are the details of this case:

Buyer's name: A W
Buyer's email: [email protected]
Buyer's transaction ID: ~~~~~~~~~~~
Your transaction ID: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transaction date: January 20, 2015
Disputed amount: $288.83 USD

Paypal isn't a bank, Personally I should have known better that Paypal is a very bad place to do business because anyone using a CC to purchase can screw you over instantly. and Paypal will almost always take the buyers side then try to recover the money from the seller. When the credit card company gets involved, it is out of paypals hands. Therefor the funds have to be recovered from somewhere, but the buyer is protected via credit card so paypal goes after the seller. People are going to do what they gotta do I guess. I could just as easily have been scummy as fuck and dropped the IP and details and other char names, transaction times/dates with the same person mentioned but what would that accomplish?

Whether people do business with him or not is up to them, The ban on his forum account was reversed due to varying circumstances that mostly concern the ban wave of feb where a lot of people got hit and a lot of people tried to get back what they could. To be honest this could have been a lot worse. I leave this post detailing the accounts over the course of the 19th-23rd where paypal denies claim because no proof was found and then it escalates to him using his credit card company to do it because its a sure-proof way to make paypal turn inwards back onto the seller since they have just been cut off from the buyers funds and cannot reach to reclaim any money. The minute I was told said person was pressuring another friend I did deals for HIM to chargeback me so they could both get money back I had my bank block all incoming and outgoing payments from paypal without my in-person authorization at the bank it self.

Anyone jumping into these types of transactions knows the risk, let alone when your dealing with EXTRA threat from GM's actively searching out for this type of activity. Everything has been resolved on my side now. Anyway just a simple google of paypal transactions will give you enough proof of how dirty paypal can be. Anyway thats that, end of thread. This post can hopefully remain just in case anything in the future happens.

I, and alot of other's would like to see this guy banned from the site, just because he didnt break a written rule doesnt mean what he did wasn't right. you shouldnt let some procedural bs get in the way of doing the right thing dude.

Last edited:
Lock this thread the soap oprea isn't worth reading. For someone not worried
about the $$$ value you sure are crying a lot. You are both doing something
against the rules and wanna cry about getting cheated. Just LOL.... Find out
where he lives go to his house and curb stomp him or move on.. Your both
breaking the rules.
Just Sayin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back