• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Wealthmanager character ban? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 98.1%
103   2   0
Anybody get characters from weathmanager and have them get banned? How come I'm not hearing any talk about this? I know first hand two characters that came from him that were banned.

Oh yeah, several people including myself lost characters we purchased from him... Rated him on his profile (Big Whip...) The GM proceeded to Ban all of our other accounts as well due to association; had to throw a petition to get the other accounts unbanned, but they wouldn't budge on the accounts by Wealthbuilder... Something really odd happened there...

IMO DBG is making a statement; Trade our kronos, sell your account to a buddy,fine, because we want you to buy our cash shop stuff and keep playing, but don't try to make a living off selling accounts in our game.

Wealthhoser didnt even play eq, it was just a $$ gig.

If it helps, I had a very long text conversation with him regarding the bans. I had my account banned as well so. I have his cell and have been talking to him. I will tell you this.
He has zero plans on refunding anyone. His morals are twisted and he seems to think it is our fault as the buyer, regardless of how long we have had the account (less than 30 days for me).

Additionally, I was in the middle of selling my account to fireundrwatr here on the forums. He backed out of the deal and wanted a refund of his deposit and I refused to give it to him. He threatened to call Sony regarding the account sale. I told him that I had already planned on contacting them so if he really wants to go that low he can. The VERY next day all of the accounts were banned. He denies calling, and I don't blame him. Who would want to be connected to such a large incident right? Though I know it might just be coincidence, I just thought I would share it with everyone being as so many people seem to be have banned.

I've bought and sold accounts / plat / krono from this site for a very long time. I've NEVER had an issue up until the day I bought an account from wealthmanager. They banned every single one of my accounts because of this, even accounts that I haven't played in years. Daybreak is on the warpath and if anyone has had any luck getting any of their accounts back please share your experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys that are doing massive amounts of power leveling/premade characters on p99 or TLP servers are always going to come under fire. They get WAY too greedy is the problem and they can't cover their tracks anymore. I feel like Daybreak doesn't give a crap about the guy selling a few every so often, but when you're pumping out 4-8 characters every week or two or flipping a character every other day...

Last edited:
These guys that are doing massive amounts of power leveling/premade characters on p99 or TLP servers are always going to come under fire. They get WAY too greedy is the problem and they can't cover their tracks anymore. I feel like Daybreak doesn't give a crap about the guy selling a few every so often, but when you're pumping out 4-8 characters every week or two...

this type of cheating can destroy a game and its economy and social. i came back a few days and all the spots were camped by powerlevelers and campers to make money. you might say it don't bother other players but it does. nobody was even talking anymore even in zones overcrowded. it changes the prices of items. makes it too easy to get items you compete for guild spot against people with money. people who sell their account at the end of the playtime they actually played the game, traded the same way, had social interaction. i hope to come back to agnarr and it changed but i doubt it will last, it will make the game play great for a few years at least. they are really milking it but there is only 1 everquest still and always will be by the looks of it, i doubt pantheon will come close to it.

this type of cheating can destroy a game and its economy and social.

RMT is all the same thing in the end. either build it into the game or don't, but you can't draw an artificial line somewhere saying "OK this guy played enough for it to be allowed, but this other guy didn't."

- - - Updated - - -

These guys that are doing massive amounts of power leveling/premade characters on p99 or TLP servers are always going to come under fire. They get WAY too greedy is the problem and they can't cover their tracks anymore. I feel like Daybreak doesn't give a crap about the guy selling a few every so often, but when you're pumping out 4-8 characters every week or two or flipping a character every other day...

this doesn't work. there will always be someone doing the most volume. RMT is black and white as far as the devs are concerned. either you can RMT, or you cannot.

- - - Updated - - -

but don't try to make a living off selling accounts in our game.

Wealthhoser didnt even play eq, it was just a $$ gig.

you can't play EQ and RMT full-time. too many bans. i don't play any of the five games i sell in currently. this is my job! it has been at least a part-time form of income for me since 1999. the character market alone is a blast, especially on new servers.

do you know how many krono change hands when a new Phinny or Agnarr launch? the Good Guild officerships are pumping out 100+kr a day in their premades early on. the guys doing spell research or pottery or JC early on that aren't leveling and just trading can make 200 krono in one busy saturday.

live boxers at eok launch selling the drops were pulling down hundreds of krono a day, too. daybreak knows. they have to. they allowed this to happen for years, even encouraged it by not enforcing PNP and being very slow to ban high profile assholes. people like tikkle were streaming EQ on twitch with their playerauctions desktop notifications still on, LOL.

i'm not defending WM and personally i barely know him, but daybreak let this shit slide for years and now there has been a crack-down with no statement from them. they don't even answer ban petitions anymore. WM was circumventing true box code so his bans were deserved. ultimately though if you choose to engage in RMT you're risking a ban. that is part of the deal.

daybreak is just being daybreak... they're winging it right now. they're barely still in business thanks in no small part to these TLPS so they are trying to find the sweet spot between banning for RMT and still having some players left since RMT is so prolific in EQ.

i have bulk bought and sold krono to/from every guild on phinnykills.com, no exceptions. and i'm just one guy! they're not gonna ban the entire server. they're going after easy targets, big sellers mostly with lots of accounts that were never xferred to new blanks.

- - - Updated - - -

We should be able to fix that, spite feedback is not deserved.

mmorpgwarehouse, thank you for your insight.

Agreed, there is no reason Wealthmanager's negative feedbacks should stick to people...he doesn't get on for days then comes on here and screws our members over even more?

Agreed, there is no reason Wealthmanager's negative feedbacks should stick to people...he doesn't get on for days then comes on here and screws our members over even more?

WM needs to log in and say "hey, here is what happened. this is what i did." I don't think he owes tons of people refunds and I'm sure he got slammed with chargebacks. when you buy a character, the seller owes it to you as their customer to make sure you're aware of the best course of action to take to keep your character safe. i saved myself in this last ban wave by making sure characters i was selling were successfully transferred before closing them out as done deals. all the chars i hadn't transferred (chars i kept to box with, accounts i delivered or traded with offline traders on, etc.) got hit.

after i got banned, i straight up stopped buying and reselling characters to the public. i went from 10-20 a week to zero and depending on how Agnarr goes my loss from that ban wave this year will be five digits deep. when you decide to make a living in a grey market, this kinda stuff happens.

ultimately though it is up to how much time and money daybreak wants to spend on policing RMT. i am amazed that that amount is not zero. if it were me i'd spend it all on card fraud prevention and whatever was left, spend it in game enforcing the play nice rules for god's sake. RMTers sit on efreeti for days in a row and they will on Agnarr. if they couldn't RMT by some cosmic force they'd still be at efreeti all day. RMT or no RMT, some people have essentially no life whatsoever and this is not a new development.

GMs should be saying 'hey dude, let some other people have freeti for a while' either way. RMT or not, police your player base. daybreak annoys me when they do the cheap shit. they leave it to the players to police themselves and sell a bunch of cash shop crap that may as well say 'it is fine if you RMT, it is find if you spend cash and as a result get platinum' and then they ban for RMT. questionable ethics...

as i said on level 2, i'd like to see them launch an official trading space. i'm sure RedBot is tired of staring at neckbearded driver's licenses photos and matching them up to other forms of ID and utility bills. RG doesn't make enough from the bazaar for all the work it takes to mod it. DAYBREAK should launch their own official bazaar and convert DB cash to a cash out-able balance and rake, more similar to bnet bal.

The jerk had the nerve to give me negative feedback because I gave him a negative for this whole ordeal.

Yeah, he did the same to me as well. This guy has some nerve!! He says that I tried to transfer the account and thats why I got banned; I've got news for him as I explained in my OM to him that I only logged into the account once and got banned while I was in the account. I never even had a chance to transfer him. Unreal... Takes our money and then gets upset when we post a negative review on him because we got screwed by him..

Yeah, he did the same to me as well. This guy has some nerve!! He says that I tried to transfer the account and thats why I got banned; I've got news for him as I explained in my OM to him that I only logged into the account once and got banned while I was in the account. I never even had a chance to transfer him. Unreal... Takes our money and then gets upset when we post a negative review on him because we got screwed by him..

Funny that he says you got banned for trying to tranfer the acocunt, but tells me I had a years to transfer it so its my fault. He admitted to being sloppy with his IP

He blamed it on RMT in our texts with each other. Odd that the only time I ever have any issues is when I do business with wealthmanager. Lesson learned I guess.

He blamed it on RMT in our texts with each other. Odd that the only time I ever have any issues is when I do business with wealthmanager. Lesson learned I guess.

this happens once a year or so. first it was Technotic, then me but fortunately i didn't take too many people with me as i wasn't doing anything disruptive in-game, then Wealthmanager.

I didn't take bans until i finally caved and started true boxing 5 guys. i made it like a week before a bunch of people reporting me got all my boxes banned for RMT (they were bought accounts). ironically if you don't actually play EQ at all and just run traders, you're pretty safe. i ran traders only for years since Vulak and never took a ban. as soon as i started actually playing, i got banned =P

Situation is being addressed as facts are gathered

Last edited:
I remember Weath Manager always rolling into Sebilis right after aten ha ra was dead, on his characters finalzodiac and zuez his cleric, and running afk macroquest in the chef room. To me i'm certain weathmanager cheated(I get to be certain because I watched him play), just like techtonic. These people love to try to destroy the market as they see their way out, and i'm sure we might see both wealthmanager and techtonic poking their heads around agnarr, just like ryan brothers. I will see you cheaters on agnarr, but I wont be nearly as nice to you cheating pieces of shit, as I was on Phiny.

Ya, I've seen this people too and I think I'll make an account to park at their camps to stream their cheating on Agnarr. We should collaborate to take down those who disrupt the server. Is that a bad plan?

I am just curious, but is there even any proof that he was/is using 3rd party programs and "virtual machines" to farm coin?
Seems like a lot of slander without anyone posting proof of said events.

The whole situation sucks. DBG has encouraged account sales by making the process stream-lined, adding in witness protection packs, allowing name changes and server transfers. All while they benefit every time a character changes hands ($25 to move it, $15 to rename it, $40 for a bag, $25 for a mount, etc.). Then one GM gets a hard-on for RMT and starts blanket banning in association with one IP address. It's another typical DBG move, just like how they blanket banned everyone for TBM expansion debacle, knee-jerk reaction as is tradition. Everyone gets punished, because DBG didn't keep up with their rules and decides when to enforce them. And on top of that they stay publicly silent and selectively answer petitions - some people got unbanned, some people still haven't received a single response, and some have 20+ responses. It's mismanagement and inconsistency that got us where we are today. Because of those inconsistencies, people got comfortable and lazy. IPs weren't protected, characters weren't moved after you bought them, and people would openly talk about RMT even in game. So it's also our own laziness that got us to this point.

Now all of us that have paid DBG hundreds to thousands of dollars to play their game, many of us paying between 4-12 subs a month are the ones keeping this company afloat. Yes, I understand kronos, see previous paragraph about in-game transactions. We are the financial investors in this company, yet we are the ones being punished. The truly passionate player, the one that goes out and justifies the buying of 5 computers because one server's rules says they have to, is the one to blame according to DBG. The person that is keeping this company's lights on is the one that must be punished. The player that has brought scores of people back into the fold, they don't deserve a thanks, they deserve a ban.

With that being said, and to go back to where I began, this whole situation sucks. But you know who is to blame.

I am just curious, but is there even any proof that he was/is using 3rd party programs and "virtual machines" to farm coin?

Daybreak really struggles to set precedents regarding this stuff. if you're on the private Agnarr forums (all you've gotta do is ask over on the FOH forums via PM to get invited) you'll see a pretty large community there devoted to being the best at cheating the true box code. Same with mmobugs etc. - only RG really frowns upon not true boxing on Phinny. Every other macro community can't wait to buy jet skis with what they make on Agnarr.

I don't know if WM was, but a lot of people in his circle certainly were. A lot of people in the top 3 or 4 guilds were. It wasn't a requirement or anything, but I saw a ton of shady boxing. If you're going to play EQ at a high level, you'll find yourself playing with those guys pretty often.

Unfortunately Daybreak takes years to get their shit together. They encourage shitty play by turning the other way for years and years across different iterations of TLPS until the whole world at the very least runs SEQ and at worst 12 boxes with VMs, alt-tabbing and broadcasting on what was supposed to be a true box server. I'm sure we all remember what a fuck show Ragefire was at launch. Daybreak actually came right out and said 'be a shitty as you want to be and police yourselves, we aren't enforcing anything' and now they're surprised that people turned EQ into a career? They let it happen. They en-fucking-couraged it! Holly fired off a few dumb-ass quotables about casuals and the community took it and ran. If you run your game like that, you end up with a bunch of Skykams and level 1 cleric grief.

The RF/LJ blunder was already embarrassing after Vulak. At least they got some new technology out of those servers. Now Daybreak promptly strikes out again by targeting RMTers in general. I never did any of that circumventing true box shit. Never bothered! Still got banned. I'm sure the warp squad will be alive and well on Agnarr, except now the whole server pop will suffer and we're all going to have to trade plat to avoid the krono log bans.

RMT alone doesn't kill games, but cheating does. When you spend five years cash cow milking your storied franchise and ignoring it all, top players find themselves being pressured to cheat to compete. Fippy's SK armies were a direct result of that. I'm pissed with Daybreak's handling of one of my favorite games ever more than anything else. They got greedy first, honestly. The players just followed suit when it looked like they would get away with it, and for a long time they did!

tl;dr the Wild West Bullshit era of Fippy->Ragefire/LJ was as detrimental to EQ as you could possibly get. What a terrible period for the game that was. I'll never forget /rand and /duel to decide who got to pull a boss on Vulak after a 16 hour sock. What a joke!! Phinny was an amazing rebound TBH and DB is just plain lucky that they were able to pull off instanced raiding before the game died.

Last edited:
Well the texts I have between him and I are clear. I stated "my account I got from you less than 30 days ago was banned". You said "you and a few hundred others were banned". you refused to clarify. I saw others posting about the accounts from you being banned. I posted the rep because you blatantly stated many times in our texts that you accept zero responsibility for the bans. I get it we all take risks, but damn dude. At least own up to some of your shady ass business lol. It is obviously seen here on the sites and many many people know about you and your careless ass tactics. I guess I should just not buy from high end repped sellers anymore? I don't know what else to do since it seems the admins condone your behavior as well, seeing as your shady ass is still not banned.

Finally, for any admins wanting to see the text messages please inbox me their cells and Ill send them over. Thanks.

Hey, here's what happened:

I sold jathor9000 an enchanter off my original EQ account, the same day the transfer finished, Jathor9000 petitioned sony and asked them to put it on his already established character. I think this triggered it, they said oh thats interesting jathor9000. Every account my IP logged into was banned. Numerous friends that I used their accounts in classic, kunark or velious were banned. Inactive accounts banned.

Dude, your so full of $hit... The day I log into the account I get banned along with all my other accounts. I didn't even have time to do a transfer nor would I have since you told me you already moved him to a new account. Here is what I got from the GM that banned my accounts:

Max "Remdag" Oakson May 04, 2017 22:24
The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow.

Lead GM Redmag

As you can see it shows you obviously were being watched or were turned in by someone. Why the hell would I do it after shelling out over $400 to buy accounts...

Don't make excuses just man up.. you screwed up and are trying to find a scape-goat...

Jathor9000

Max "Remdag" Oakson May 04, 2017 22:24
The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow.

Daybreak: "Here is all the stuff you need for a character to change hands very easily with no real background checks or verification of any kind! PS it's like $50 that we'll pocket. Thanks. BUT DON'T LET US FIND OUT OR WE'LL BAN IT LOL"

Daybreak is the only company that manages to go toe to toe with RMTers on the shady shit they pull. They really need to re-vamp account transfers to require forms of ID if they're serious about stopping RMT. By Remdag's own words here they should be banning thousands and thousands of accounts right now. They might as well just go ahead and ban Phinigel because I can't think of anyone I know that doesn't at least own one RMT'd box or tradeskill mule or something.

Lead GM Redmag

lol Max has redguides on the brain today.

Daybreak: "Here is all the stuff you need for a character to change hands very easily with no real background checks or verification of any kind! PS it's like $50 that we'll pocket. Thanks. BUT DON'T LET US FIND OUT OR WE'LL BAN IT!"

Exactly this. They give you all the tools but punish you for using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I boxed from day 1 phinigel, without VM's. I've said it on other threads here about kangaroo PC's. Anyone who got banned should petition. I've had a few friends that I logged on their account to port over a year ago get banned and told that their 13 year old account was owned by me, because I logged in it once. They don't know their mouth from their asshole, or remdag doesnt.

37586463347b4a7f81d4a915318f21e7.png

- - - Updated - - -

Well the texts I have between him and I are clear. I stated "my account I got from you less than 30 days ago was banned". You said "you and a few hundred others were banned". you refused to clarify. I saw others posting about the accounts from you being banned. I posted the rep because you blatantly stated many times in our texts that you accept zero responsibility for the bans. I get it we all take risks, but damn dude. At least own up to some of your shady ass business lol. It is obviously seen here on the sites and many many people know about you and your careless ass tactics. I guess I should just not buy from high end repped sellers anymore? I don't know what else to do since it seems the admins condone your behavior as well, seeing as your shady ass is still not banned.

Finally, for any admins wanting to see the text messages please inbox me their cells and Ill send them over. Thanks.

I've pmed Razkle to have it removed, my apologies. I've explained to him the confusion as well.

Last edited:
along with all my other accounts.

why are they blanket banning based on IPs like that? they're just murdering their own sub numbers. shouldn't only the RMT'd account get banned? even fucking blizzard doesn't ban your entire bnet account for at least three strikes. my current bnet account is still active with WOW accounts even though it has 2 RMT banned ones on it. blizzard has about infinity more money and players than DB and even they don't blanket ban like that. that is nuts!

does this mean i can go hand 5 krono to someone i don't like and then report them and get all of their accounts banned for a suspected 5 krono RMT trade?

does this mean i can go hand 5 krono to someone i don't like and then report them and get all of their accounts banned for a suspected 5 krono RMT trade?

Ya, I know of a buddy who is banned that I never logged onto his account. The only thing I can recall is one time he needed a krono and I parceled it to him. He didnt pay me or anything, wasn't RMT, just helping a friend out. He's banned. It really enrages me how they treat people that really didnt do anything wrong and just say oh you interacted with this guy youre guilty good bye.

and WOW has no integrity. I used to farm there years ago. I would buy a vanilla account to sell gold with, one time I activated the account by using the CD KEY only and logged out of the browser until the next day, didnt log in, had no gold, no characters created etc. Banned. Associated to exploitive activity, even without being logged into at all. All these companies do it.

So, because I'm more just curious, are the accounts perma-banned, or are they all suspended. I remember writing a macro with a friend a few years ago to auto-run that Lavastorm instance and all of our accounts got suspended, but we had them back a few days later. And that was at the time where a lot of warping was involved.

So, because I'm more just curious, are the accounts perma-banned, or are they all suspended. I remember writing a macro with a friend a few years ago to auto-run that Lavastorm instance and all of our accounts got suspended, but we had them back a few days later. And that was at the time where a lot of warping was involved.

these are all perma bans

Screenshot and post them

There is no confusion you did shady business and now everyone you sold accounts to is paying for it. You conveniently have an excuse and are obviously getting off Scott free without punishment so whats the next move here then Devs? Should I just continue business here and act like nothing happened or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back