• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Unfortunately, another scam report (1 Viewer)

nyc13

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Aquarius1988
When did the issue occur?
August 24, 2018
Link to transaction thread
Seller deleted it
Value of property in dispute
$400
/sigh, unfortunately I've somehow run into ANOTHER scammer in quick succession despite the fact that this one was also verified with extensive feedback. It looks to me like the seller decided they were entirely done with EQ, so they decided to offload all of their accounts and scam some people in the process (meaning they don't care about their feedback rating anymore since they don't plan to come back here). That's my assumption.

At any rate, I engaged with Aquarius1988 over PM after he posted a thread about selling two different well geared accounts with multiple high level characters. From searching the forums, it looks like he has since deleted the thread. He was pitching me to buy both accounts, but we eventually agreed on a price of $400 for one of the accounts. I paid him via Paypal and he then sent me the log in information for the account. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try to log in until the next day after work; at which point I received an invalid username/password error on the EQ client. At the time, I thought maybe it was just a mistake and he had given me the wrong information (considering he was verified, had tons of positive feedback, and seemed genuine in PMs, I didn't assume the worst at first). However, after multiple attempts to contact him to get the correct log in information (which have not been responded to by him), I'm now forced to conclude that this is probably a scam situation. I can provide screenshots of the whole PM conversation.

I thought maybe he just hadn't logged in since Thursday night when he sent me the incorrect log in information, but the fact that it looks like he deleted the thread in question tells me he has been online and seen my messages and is ignoring them. Can the mods please look into this if you don't mind? Thank you very much.

Sorry to hear about your loss. For me, I don’t care how many positive feedbacks the seller has, verified or not, I would never do a transaction this big without a middleman. Either use the RG staff here or other mmorpg trading sites that gives the buyer several days to inspect the account and will only release payment to the seller after the buyer confirms the account is as described and is satisfied.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back