• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Report [resolved] growingforvets v joecool83 (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
growingforvets
When did the issue occur?
7/13/2020
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/conversations/115-ber-full-t3-group-full-augs-max-aa.506406/#convMessage-923136
Value of property in dispute
$350
Purchased an account for $350 this morning. After receiving paypal payment, they sent the login. I immediately tried to log in and it didn't work. Asked the seller if they had typed the password wrong and then I get accused of logging into the account and changing the password and phone number. I'd be happy to talk to someone on the phone, provide screenshot, whatever there is to prove that I do not have the account.

@joecool83 is claiming I scammed them

I received payment from them this morning. I immediately changed the PW to a default PW, and sent them the information including the SQA to him here on ECT.

about 2 mins later the PW was changed and a phone number was attached to the account.

I purchased this account from a VERY reputable member of this community and I will give their name if needed to the admins to resolve this.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you admins,

Growing

Additionally, after admittedly giving him the info and validating that I did, the info was changed.

You are putting more faith in a 1 month old account with 1 transaction than myself with years, thousands of dollars and 63+ transactions.

Guess I will issue the scammer a refund and open a ticket against @hellfyre since apparently saying he the password didn't work after being given all of the information is enough to warrant it.

Just to be clear, I am only issuing the refund to avoid losing the years of work and money I have spent on this website.

@joecool83 is obviously a fucking scammer. The rules need to change, regarding once someone is given ALL of the original info, then the transaction is complete. Because now I have to open a dispute against someone who I don't feel was the one who stole the account. But there is no other explanation.

Wait, why are you filing a dispute against me?

I provided you account information for that account 63 days ago. You have stated in this conversation that there was no phone number attached to the account when I provided it to you. You were able to log into the account, change the information on the account, and use it for 63 days. No issue cropped up until you attempted to sell the account to someone else.

Our transaction was completed successfully and what is happening at this time has nothing to do with our transaction.

So @joecool83 was given all the info to an account I was selling to him. The info magically changed, he said the password didn't work.

Then a random phone number was added to the account magically as well. So the only other explanation to me no longer having access to the account is @hellfyre or the Original Owner he got the account from taking it back and adding a phone number to the account.

@Redbot confirmed that the phone number resembles the Original Owner of the account, @hellfyre confirmed no number was on the account as do I. But since @Redbot ruled it was my fault I refunded the scammer @joecool83 his $350 and I am seeking my money returned or a similar value account be given to me by either the original owner of the account, or @hellfyre.

Sorry, @hellfyre I really have no other options here. There is no explanation for a phone number appearing on the account, even though I know there wasn't one before I gave @joecool83 the account info. Or for the PW being changed from the one I gave him immediately after I sent him said info.

@Redbot please let me know what I need to do

The info is changed and a phone number resembling the Original Owners is now randomly attached to the account.

You were the one who sold me the account I no longer have access to.

also, what is odd. Is that I have multiple accounts from the same OO that I was selling to @joecool83 that were not touched or recalled. Yet the one he was given all the info to disappears and I am forced to issue the refund.

I will vouche for growing she or he has bought many accounts from me and always been a really respected and respectful person there is no way that they are a scammer , and neither is hellfyre what this sounds like us maybe joe was the original owner of the account and figured it be a way to get his account back and money ,

growing I will back you on this as I know your not a scammer let me know what I can do to help .

When did the transaction between you and hellfyre occur? What was the amount? Is there a link to the sale thread?

Was the transaction completed? Were you aware of previous owners?

two months ago, $125 before leveling the Zerker and full gearing them. With max AA. the sale thread is his default main thread he has up. the transaction was completed. I was not aware of the previous owner until the issue with @joecool83 came up. Additionally as you and Hellfyre validated, there was no phone number on the account at the time of sale, you also validated that the phone number is similar to and resembles the OO phone number.

Either hellfyre or the previous owner must have recalled the account and added a phone number onto the account if it was not joecool83 as you said he was innocent.

I share your opinion Chanticleer and very much appreciate your input.

I have a hard time believing that Hellfyre is responsible either but there is no other explanation. the admins sided with joepeakedinhighschool anyways so what am I to do?

I have THOUSANDS of dollars spent and earned on this website and (63+) transactions and somehow the ass hole with (1) positive transaction is innocent in a very fishy situation.

Super confused.

Then what is the point in being verified, premium or the rating system?

He has on multiple times called and said you were lying, Hellfyre was lying, I was lying and the OO was lying.

You left the DMs and never messaged regarding my questions, or his idea that you were wrong about no one accessing our messages..

He called you a liar, and everyone else involved too but the only reason he was in your opinion not guilty after me giving him ALL of the account info is because "he said so".

How does that make any sense?

How is that fair at all?

How is his word better than mine here?

ok, here's the sale thread which has since been edited:

It looks like hellfyre is clear there were multiple owners, and a security answer was included. What steps did you take to secure the account after purchase?

I changed the PW, and the email to the account. I followed all the guild lines that is posted in the guide here on how to safely trade/buy/sell accounts.

As per our conversation Hellfyre and I both said and you also saw us state that there was NO PHONE attached to the account before I purchased it.

Now there is a phone attached to the account, and you yourself stated that it did indeed closely resemble the number the OO creators phone number.

Would you please respond to my DMs or should I post the questions here because they directly apply to what is going on with this account?

1594774716306.png

So basically, someone can receive ALL the information to an everquest account from a seller on this forum, and as long as they change the info in under a minute or two and CLAIM the info didn't work. The seller is at fault and loses money and an account.
Even though the seller has THOUSANDS of dollars in transactions completed without ANY issues in 3 years, and the buyer has (1) $350 transaction and only been on the website ONE MONTH?

That is what you're saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back