• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

RMT ABC's for P99 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertoxboy

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see people here make RMT mistakes all the time so I figured I'd write a short instructional...

1) After posting an advertisement. Don't go back and post that it is sold. Bob is now selling 100k, Tuesday Bob sells 100k. 5 minutes later, Bob posts on his own thread, "100k sold". Bob and his customer gets banned. Here's why, GM reads the ad, sees who traded 100k that day and already you are narrowed down to a list of 3 people. If you sold 100k, trade 100,066 or 99,750. Don't trade exactly 100k and don't let the GMs know the time. This is your private and personally identifiable information.

2) NEVER ACCEPT AN RMT DIRECTLY USING YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT. Use a new account to accept RMT trades to guard your IP. Make a new account and connect through it using a VPN BEFORE opening EQ. This will make it seem like the new account is from Germany or Australia or wherever. You can also use this technique to dual box (only by using 2 pc's, I don't recommend virtual box or the sort) to trade to self. Log onto your account like you normally do. Set up a VPN on a laptop, connect to VPN on laptop, open EQ on laptop to dual box. Your account will open using your home IP and your box will connect using an ip from a different country. It muddies the trail.

3) Take a positive risk. When transferring to your main account, make it look like an accident. Don't just hand it directly to your main. Run to EC tunnel with both boxes. Run to torch 2 (for example). Drop your 100k RMT (along with other shit items) on the ground and pick it up immediately off the ground onto your main. This gives you plausible deniability. You simply picked it up of the ground in a semi crowded area. You were lucky, that's it. You found it. Besides, all transactions are trackable, doesn't matter if you traded or dropped it on the ground, or whatever, its all trackable.

That's all that comes to my mind, feel free to add to this.

Last edited:
Re: RMT ABC's

1) Everyone has the ability to delete their thread. If you're really paranoid, delete it before the deal is done. You and your buyer can agree to wait and complete the deal later in private.

(if the deal falls through, don't post it again for at least 24 hours or you'll break our multiple thread rule)

Last edited:
Re: RMT ABC's

I wish there was a way to thumbs up this thread without adding a new post reply. This is such an awesome thread.

Followed all of these rules plus and still got 3 accounts banned. Why you ask? Was either set up by an actual admin of the server or they are cohorts with sellers here. Purchased did transaction one day later all 3 accounts banned. Inquiring about it lead to a very accusatory dialogue with guide Braknar where he admitted that the seller gave him my name. Transaction was done in private messages.

Long story short the guides of p1999 are involved in shady business and like to swindle people out of their money. Not sure this is even legal but they'll get what's coming to them one way or the other. Note to honest people out there don't trust anyone on this site to do business with in p99.

Just a quick thought, but how easily would they be able to track say, me charming a mob, giving it a fungi, breaking charm and killing it on my 2nd account, then looting that fungi? Just an example of course.

Does anyone know if Guides or GM's have a history of IP's? So basically if you're offline, they ban an account could they see what IP that account mainly used and ban it? Or would they only be able to do that if you're currently online using the account?

Yes they have logs of IP addresses and MAC addresses. Recommend a VPN and macspoof to conceal your computer's identity.

anyone have any advice on selling? Is it common for people to scam sellers? Isn't scamming sellers foolish because the seller can just report to the GM and the account is banned, right?

I noticed multiple sellers aren't using feedback for their p99 deals. Considering that GM's will look at your feedback like a paper trail, it might be best to let your seller/buyer know that you don't want feedback.

If anybody wants to know about the inner workings of P99 GMs/guides and how they catch people cheating/RMTing, hit me up. It's usually helpful if you have specific questions.

xoxo
gg

FYI there was a twitch chat that Rogean stopped in this last weekend. People were asking him a lot of questions etc. He was able to show the people in the chat every item they had ever picked up and dropped. Someone had asked if he could determine how many bone chips had been looted in Kurns or the other K zone, I forget name. He was able to tell not only that zone but how many have been looted server wide. They have logs for everything.

If the P99 GM's are smart , and I think they are ...they would use a tactic we used when I was an active duty Cop.
You go undercover and become part of the community you are trying to enforce.
I have a strong feeling a GM is among the Redguides community. Buying and selling actively. Getting feedback.
But he's gather intelligence in regards to who is posting what on this site. Who is saying certain things on forums.
If I was a GM on P99, that is exactly what I would do.
Become a trusted buyer and seller.
Give out advice and speak out against P99.
But once enough intel is gathered .....BAM!! Or should u say BAN BAN BAN!!
Maybe I'm paranoid. But from what you guys say about P99 and the crew that run it.
If I end up playing on that server ...I am steering clear of RMT.
I rather wear tattered cloth armor with a rusty 1HS weapon.
Than to spend hundreds of hard earned dollars. Only to have your money go up in flames when the next "Ban Wave" hits.

A pm I received today,

You have to tell the P99 guys to leave the minimum information as possible, accounts are being banned from info given in PMs. You have to tell these guys to stop giving too much info in PMs. It's an honest mistake but beware!

How about a requirement before you are allowed to send and read PMs on the site?

I dont know whats fair, but possibly something like "Must have 1 positive feedback or referral from verified member before being able to send and read PMs"

P99 players need to be more egalitarian. Stop worrying about race, gender, and exact level. Toons are toons, man.
emote_hippie.gif

Rather than of sell a "level 52 male iksar SK" try "low 50's tank." If you trust a potential buyer, you can give them a couple more details. Otherwise, keep it all secret until you have payment. If they're picky and they don't like the toon, refund.

Last edited:
Redbot..you are correct. I also received a PM since I had posted an ad seeking to buy an account on P99, a redguide user gave me a heads up that if a player buys an account on P99, he told me the account will be banned or taken back by seller or someone who had access to the sellers info.
I was told that a negative outcome is guaranteed if I purchased an account.
I still think if a seller is vigilant , just as Redbot says, then it could have a positive ending.
I guess P99 has "spies" on Redguides.
So all of us just need to be very careful and sellers must be vague until payment is not only received , but until payment clears. I think PayPal "friends and family " is safest , I think. I'm not sure.
Accounts have been far safer than any item/platinum trades I'd say. You can always petition and bullshit your way out of account related RMT. Just my experience anyways.

I would think in the RMTing it is much more risky to buy than to sell, during the transaction phase anyways. I really doubt a GM is going to paypal you $whatever.00 just to ban your account.

I would think in the RMTing it is much more risky to buy than to sell, during the transaction phase anyways. I really doubt a GM is going to paypal you $whatever.00 just to ban your account.

Do you not realize that P99 gm's run a bank scam to make money. They take items from banned accounts and recirculate them by RMT so they make money off something they have previously already made money from. It came out awhile back one of the guys in charge made alot of damn money off this server. It has always been a question of who on here is the culprit behind the sceenes of P99. Just be careful. I once had a low lvl account banned, I did a few transactions here, but I was curious that the account I made the transactions was not banned but the account I bought my items on where. Maybe it was banned for a whole different reason, I have no idea. The char. was only lvl 20ish anyway and took me a year to get that far...

Point being is the GM's make good money off RMT, they keep the sellers selling and take a proceed of what they make, as in a percentage. Then when the accounts are banned they take the items, and resell them.

I have no proof to back this up, It is just what I have gathered by reading up on this for the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back