• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Discussion Registered country implications (1 Viewer)

From what I know, two things.

1. Because of the varying currencies, playing a different account registered to a different country will almost always cause problems if you ever want to purchase anything for the account. (Expansions, Krono, Mounts / Items from Market, etc...) I've heard of "ways" to get this changed to your actual country, but I have yet to see any actual evidence of this. (Maybe someone here has some experience?)

2. Make sure the seller hasn't logged into the account in a while. We just recently had another IP suspension involving the buyer / seller being from two different countries.

Basically, if you just want the account to have it, and you're ok w/ whatever info being set on it already, it "shouldn't" be an issue. The issue comes the minute the almighty USD comes into play.

From what I know, two things.

1. Because of the varying currencies, playing a different account registered to a different country will almost always cause problems if you ever want to purchase anything for the account. (Expansions, Krono, Mounts / Items from Market, etc...) I've heard of "ways" to get this changed to your actual country, but I have yet to see any actual evidence of this. (Maybe someone here has some experience?)

2. Make sure the seller hasn't logged into the account in a while. We just recently had another IP suspension involving the buyer / seller being from two different countries.

Basically, if you just want the account to have it, and you're ok w/ whatever info being set on it already, it "shouldn't" be an issue. The issue comes the minute the almighty USD comes into play.
Thank you for the response! Really good information to know.

The only country I experienced problems with was Canada. I play from the Netherlands. Haven’t had any issues with US accounts ever. I have only used PayPal to make payments such as daybreak coins, expansions etc.

The proces of changing the registered account is easy. You can petition ingame. I would only do this though if you experience problems paying anything. Otherwise it doesn’t really add much in my opinion.

I've had issues when I accidentally set different countries on VPN when I first created the accounts.

I know some places like, Mexico, it would not let me use paypal to add daybreak cash. But, it would still let me buy the giant bags for $ 40 using paypal, which was really weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back