• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

RedGuides Member Request (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proxy

The Wanderer
BANNED
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hi There,

On other trading sights I frequent in the spirit of fairness for all paying members getting their sales threads equal exposure they have limited the number of front page active sales threads to 3 per member. This is not something that is enforced by a software mechanic on the forums but more of a actionable usage policy.

I see multiple account sellers clogging up the front page of this forum, while many average members who pay just as much to be here are being bumped off the front page too quickly. I'm not naming names but this is a regular fact of life here and I think we would all appreciate it if the front page wasn't swamped with overpriced resellers threads when they can make a single thread or two to list all of their available inventory in.

Perhaps I am out of line and this isn't a problem for others, but as someone who frequents these forums daily I grow tired of scrolling past 20 threads from the same sellers selling the same overpriced mediocre accounts they have been trying to sell here for months at a time when the less frequent sellers with unique and valuable items/accounts to sell are lost in the mess.

Thanks,

Tps

My biggest issue is people who don't just delete their thread once they've taken care of business and instead posting a "sold" and leaving it active.

Otherwise it's pretty easy to gloss over the same person(s) selling the same 3-5 accounts forever.

I have no reason to be mad, im just trolling you :p Apologies,

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest issue is people who don't just delete their thread once they've taken care of business and instead posting a "sold" and leaving it active.

Otherwise it's pretty easy to gloss over the same person(s) selling the same 3-5 accounts forever.

Im pretty sure i read that they want you to keep the thread and not delete it, as I am one of those who do this, I could be wrong though.

I have no reason to be mad, im just trolling you :p Apologies,

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure i read that they want you to keep the thread and not delete it, as I am one of those who do this, I could be wrong though.

Straight from the FAQ -

Cover your tracks - Delete your thread when the sale is complete to cover up any tracks you may have left. All users can delete their own posts and threads. Don't post that "100k plat sold" as P99 GM's will search their logs for any 100k plat transfers that day.

I agree that it makes sense to have a limit on threads bumped within the last 24 hours (maybe 3-5) so the bigger resellers don't end up with 20-30 threads that they are bumping every day and pushing everything else pages back.

Over at Website SoandSo, we have enforce a 3-thread limit (unless you paid for a sticky thread). Also, we prefer any thread that was sold or finished to be "flagged" as SOLD or "Closed".

Last edited by a moderator:
To that extent...

VirtualWorkshop has several threads below for different accounts he is selling...

AND he has a separate thread just for saying he has several accounts for sale, and to PM him for details.

I can understand say, one or the other. If you want to be cryptic about what you're selling, and not list the details... then have one central post with basic info.

If you want to be specific, list the different accounts as their own items.

But probably shouldn't do both. The cryptic post is just taking up space that is already covered by the other threads. It's almost like getting a free daily repost of all your other posts.

To that extent...

VirtualWorkshop has several threads below for different accounts he is selling...

AND he has a separate thread just for saying he has several accounts for sale, and to PM him for details.

I can understand say, one or the other. If you want to be cryptic about what you're selling, and not list the details... then have one central post with basic info.

If you want to be specific, list the different accounts as their own items.

But probably shouldn't do both. The cryptic post is just taking up space that is already covered by the other threads. It's almost like getting a free daily repost of all your other posts.

<3

It would definately be nice for threads to be limited per person. Its not really fun when you make your own thread then several hours or a day later its already on page 2 vs mass threads/bumps

I agree with this 100%. If single posts aren't sticked they get buried behind countless spam posts. There's plenty of sellers that create 1 post per item/account instead of creating 1 post that lists all items/accounts for sale. This should be considered spamming and should be frowned upon. It's poor selling tactics and leads to a cluttered up and ugly board.

I think this is a great idea. The problem is that I don't have time to enforce the rule. Would anyone like to volunteer? I'd like those with mod experience on other forums, but veteran members are great too. PM me.

Please no P99 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back