• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea PROOF or EVIDENCE sent WITH a negative feedback request BEFORE it's automatically applied; to avoid the spamming of malicious negative feedback doings (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I can speak personally to this matter, but I believe that there are A LOT of negative feedbacks done that carry no weight, no evidence, and the function is being maliciously abused. That said, I would love to gather ideas regarding how to minimize the use of constantly "reporting" feature to fix, remove, or respond to personal accounts, especially for those who pay their dues to be verified and premium. To make sure proof or evidence is present BEFORE it makes to your personal rating OR BEFORE it gets blasted publicly. I believe that @Redbot and the staff have enough to deal with than constantly fixing, removing, or responding to the petty stuff.

Though I am not an IT guy, I think these things are pretty important to one's character, there are human beings behind these verified accounts, as they enjoy this community!

I am not here to debate or point fingers, but simply to offer up a place to collect ideas.

So, is this a good example or nah.

I would pay for that for sure. Having 3 neg marks via trying to help others not make the same mistake with some people seems a bit harsh..

I would pay for that for sure. Having 3 neg marks via trying to help others not make the same mistake with some people seems a bit harsh..
Hey Roger,

"Having 3 neg marks via trying to help others not make the same mistake with some people seems a bit harsh"

What exactly happened if you don't mind me asking, typically feedback is only sticky if moderators deem it legitimate.

Last edited:
This guy purchased my account then took his money back within 5 hours during sleeping hours of most humans. So he rated me bad because I stated what happened. He wasted my time and others needed to understand that he is this way. I provided him with everything he asked and he still did this. Here is one example, im a bit busy today but this is just one.

This guy purchased my account then took his money back within 5 hours during sleeping hours of most humans. So he rated me bad because I stated what happened. He wasted my time and others needed to understand that he is this way. I provided him with everything he asked and he still did this. Here is one example, im a bit busy today but this is just one.

Did you ever create a forum in the dispute section?

I can speak personally to this matter, but I believe that there are A LOT of negative feedbacks done that carry no weight, no evidence, and the function is being maliciously abused. That said, I would love to gather ideas regarding how to minimize the use of constantly "reporting" feature to fix, remove, or respond to personal accounts, especially for those who pay their dues to be verified and premium. To make sure proof or evidence is present BEFORE it makes to your personal rating OR BEFORE it gets blasted publicly. I believe that @Redbot and the staff have enough to deal with than constantly fixing, removing, or responding to the petty stuff.

Though I am not an IT guy, I think these things are pretty important to one's character, there are human beings behind these verified accounts, as they enjoy this community!

I am not here to debate or point fingers, but simply to offer up a place to collect ideas.

This would also mean Redbot / Teichou going through every single negative feedback, by hand, and trying to do research to see if it’s legitimate or not.

Soooo…. Probably not.

I think a better way would be having both parties having to agree to change a PM Conversation Thread into a “Transaction PM Thread” by both parties clicking a box or something. Once that’s done, it unlocks the ability to utilize feedback and cannot be changed back.

This would be up to both parties having to use the function before any transaction actually takes place, but this does help make things feel more “official”.

This would also help prevent personal feedback from being left. If you don’t have an actual transaction, don’t check the box. Now the malicious user can’t post any negative feedback.

This would also help destroy the question of whether an actual transaction took place. If you both click the box, you’re both agreeing to any feedback left.

That’s my only idea for what you’re going for here.

Last edited:
There will always be traders like FreEQ2PlaySalesServices Aka KronoSales. They will do negative things in public view out of emotions, then claim they had no bad intentions. This is not just specific to him, but he is the prime example as you can see by this post.

For instance-

Moderators provided direct evidence this person was being malicious, yet this particular trader FreEQ2PlaySalesServices, still denied it claiming his 12 bumps were "random" yet were on average 4 minute after I bumped. He will act as an example for us to upgrade the site.

I was asked by moderators to open a thread about how to counter such narcissistic behavior, as we do not currently have rules against it.

A ducat bump system should probably be implemented to deal with such situations in the future. With a ducat bump system, paid bumps will allow for more movement.

The idea here isn't to make FreEQ2PlaySalesServices look worse than he already does.
The situation is a fit example of a fix that should be made, and is also easy on moderator time.

We should prevent future FreEQ2PlaySalesServices type traders from doing so, especially such as in this case, when the moderators suggestion to cease attacks on other accounts are ignored.

I think a better way would be having both parties having to agree to change a PM Conversation Thread into a “Transaction PM Thread” by both parties clicking a box or something. Once that’s done, it unlocks the ability to utilize feedback and cannot be changed back.

This would be up to both parties having to use the function before any transaction actually takes place, but this does help make things feel more “official”.

This would also help prevent personal feedback from being left. If you don’t have an actual transaction, don’t check the box. Now the malicious user can’t post any negative feedback.

This would also help destroy the question of whether an actual transaction took place. If you both click the box, you’re both agreeing to any feedback left.

That’s my only idea for what you’re going for here.
Now this was a cool idea! Well thought @bractos45 !

Now this was a cool idea! Well thought @bractos45 !
Imagine how that would go.

Hi, I'd like to buy krono.
Ok, please click this to open another conversation that is the same as this one we are having..

What is the difference between just opening a conversation? Please sign this waver?

Imagine adding another hurdle for new members of ectunnel to navigate through.
Imagine also wasting mod time implementing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back