• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Power Leveling Dispute (1 Viewer)

IpkonfigCMD

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
TheRMTAdvantage
When did the issue occur?
05/29/2021
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/mischief-tlp-launch-pl-services-1-50-in-2-3-days-full-will-update-after-launch-when-i-have-more-room.87738/
Value of property in dispute
$200.00
Good Morning!

I paid $200.00 to TheRMTAdvantage for a 1 to 50 Power Level at the start of the Mischief server on 05/26. The listed timetable was 2 to 3 days for completion. I was in no rush, but after the third day I reached out to TheRMTAdvantage for an update on progress. He did respond saying he was a bit behind, but was looking to be done on Sunday 05/30 in the "afternoon-ish." This was the last time I heard from him. I have requested a few updates since then with no response. The character was level 42 when I checked. I took the account back over yesterday so I could use the 50% exp bonus before it was gone.

I am unsure how to proceed. He did get the character to 42, so he is due some form of payment, but if I can't reach him the only other option I have is to use a charge back with PayPal, I would really like to avoid this option.

I know somethings do come up, he’s a reputable seller/provider here and has a good reputation. He hasn’t been on this site since May 26th. If something did happen he should have communicated to you.
If you take $200 for 50 levels, maybe divide 200 by 50 then multiply by 42, that comes to 168. So maybe a $32 refund would be in order?

I know somethings do come up, he’s a reputable seller/provider here and has a good reputation. He hasn’t been on this site since May 26th. If something did happen he should have communicated to you.
If you take $200 for 50 levels, maybe divide 200 by 50 then multiply by 42, that comes to 168. So maybe a $32 refund would be in order?
Agreed, he has been around long enough but I recall him doing a plvl on Aradune but real life got in the way and it was delayed. It could have happen again. I would be shocked if he didn't finish the order or slight refund. He is really good at making it work in the end.

My advice is maybe take over the account and just simply request the 32 dollars. I am sure he will make good on it as he did in the past.

id say 40-50 is about as slow as 1-40 and possibly slower, id say a 50/50 refund would be fair as a pl for 1-10 should not be the same as 40-50 as the levels are not comparable, so the above equation to a refund isnt exactly proper beyond simple numbers as its based on time

keep at it he will most likely offer a MORE than fair option for you when he gets back

Id give a week for him/admins to do their thing and if nothing comes of it charge back time, but i really really really doubt it will come to that

I would agree that just deducting a percentage off ($32.00) would be unfair to OCbanstar, as its not as if he can buy a powerlevel with the 32$ for the rest of 50. Plus the delay in time to complete. I would say some deduction is in order to be repaid for the ghosting as well. Of course, that is just how I would repay it. Well, I would just give him the PL free if I had ghosted him tbh. That's something a seller should never do ( If in fact that is the factual case )

Just my opinion.
Good luck.

DK

Last edited:
I have info now that he has gone out of town on an family emergency of some type. He is out of town and not able to get or do anything. @IpkonfigCMD I would ask that you give him some more time. Real life emergencys are some thing we cant control. Well no one can.

I would agree that just deducting a percentage off ($32.00) would be unfair to OCbanstar, as its not as if he can buy a powerlevel with the 32$ for the rest of 50. Plus the delay in time to complete. I would say some deduction is in order to be repaid for the ghosting as well. Of course, that is just how I would repay it. Well, I would just give him the PL free if I had ghosted him tbh. That's something a seller should never do ( If in fact that is the factual case )

Just my opinion.
Good luck.

DK

My man is completely right I dont care what happened in your real life you dont ghost your customers especially when they prepaid. Also 42-50 takes as long as 1-40 lol so.... the refund needs to be like 100 + whatever is fair for the straight up disrespect and horrible customer service. I have real life shit going on too. I dont care. There is no excuse. You dont fuck over the people paying you. case closed.

I have info now that he has gone out of town on an family emergency of some type. He is out of town and not able to get or do anything. @IpkonfigCMD I would ask that you give him some more time. Real life emergencys are some thing we cant control. Well no one can.
guy doesnt have a phone lol??????? hes making thousands of dollars a month playing everquest. come on lol.

My man is completely right I dont care what happened in your real life you dont ghost your customers especially when they prepaid. Also 42-50 takes as long as 1-40 lol so.... the refund needs to be like 100 + whatever is fair for the straight up disrespect and horrible customer service. I have real life shit going on too. I dont care. There is no excuse. You dont fuck over the people paying you. case closed.

That's not correct nor right... Some family illness or death happens you all can wait. If someone in my family like my kids or wife or someone is in the hospital or had died... You all can wait a bit... Family first. Redbot and I have ways backups in places if something happens. But it won't happen just in a day.... So sometimes you need to be understanding! I give everyone on this site time no matter what. If you don't like the fact that I'm understanding you can go to some other site. K thx bye.

That's not correct nor right... Some family illness or death happens you all can wait. If someone in my family like my kids or wife or someone is in the hospital or had died... You all can wait a bit... Family first. Redbot and I have ways backups in places if something happens. But it won't happen just in a day.... So sometimes you need to be understanding! I give everyone on this site time no matter what. If you don't like the fact that I'm understanding you can go to some other site. K thx bye.
I wish you were more understanding lol. :)

guy doesnt have a phone lol??????? hes making thousands of dollars a month playing everquest. come on lol.

You obviously don't understand. So I'm gonna make it simple... I know more then you.... I am asking for the user to give him some time.... If you don't like it... Your welcome to pound sand and leave my site.

If the user is not willing to give him time he is more then welcome to talk to PayPal. But for a bit longer I'm not gonna hand out a warning on this.

I appreciate the update. I have not taken any steps yet so I'll gladly wait. The character is already 50 so I'm in no hurry.

I appreciate the update. I have not taken any steps yet so I'll gladly wait. The character is already 50 so I'm in no hurry.
It's over all what you want to do. But on my end I'm going to give him some time. Life happens could be bad could be simple....

@IpkonfigCMD I still have not heard from @TheRMTAdvantage at this point I am not sure what you want to do. He has not been on since the 30th of may. I will see if I can dig up anymore contact info on him. If you want to go ahead and try to get the money back I think that is fair now...You have gave me lots of time.

FYI, I was also in TheRMTAdvantage's first batch of characters getting PL'd at launch and I'm basically in the same situation as the OP (lvl 42 and haven't heard from him). However at this point in time I have no intention to file a formal dispute or leave negative feedback. I've DM'd him several times asking for any kind of response and saying that I am sure something must have come up IRL and I want to try to work something out. He has a lot of good feedback so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think the OP has every right to feel the way they feel - no judgement. I'm glad to see people in this thread vouching that he's got a good rep. It makes it easier for me to chill out and just wait for him to work out whatever is going on, keeping the faith that we'll work something out. Heh, maybe by the time he's back, Kunark will be out and I can get a discount to 60. =p

I originally wasn't going to comment on this, but based on what other people here have said, this isn't the first time he's done this, whether on Mischief or other TLPs.

I completely understand that that real life emergencies happen and should take priority, but this seems to be a recurring issue, and to drop everything and literally ghost your clientele is worrying, more so that there are no repercussions or some kind of site-wide warning or some sort about it happening multiple times.

He obviously has easy access to internet, and no doubt a smartphone too, so it would have taken him 1-2 minutes to private message the people he is currently powerleveling to let them know what had happened and to provide some kind of update, which is the very least thing he could've done considering he's providing a paid service to others. To say he might have been so busy he couldn't take a minute or two to sent out a quick PM is a bit silly, imo.

Just my 2 cents i guess.

I originally wasn't going to comment on this, but based on what other people here have said, this isn't the first time he's done this, whether on Mischief or other TLPs.

I completely understand that that real life emergencies happen and should take priority, but this seems to be a recurring issue, and to drop everything and literally ghost your clientele is worrying, more so that there are no repercussions or some kind of site-wide warning or some sort about it happening multiple times.

He obviously has easy access to internet, and no doubt a smartphone too, so it would have taken him 1-2 minutes to private message the people he is currently powerleveling to let them know what had happened and to provide some kind of update, which is the very least thing he could've done considering he's providing a paid service to others. To say he might have been so busy he couldn't take a minute or two to sent out a quick PM is a bit silly, imo.

Just my 2 cents i guess.

We keep a copy of every dispute and feedback... That's how you keep track of people who ghost you... If he has done this in tyne past where is tmnt feedback?

I mean, it's no surprise that people very, very often don't leave any feedback after a transaction is finished (in my experience, at least). For a while now i've said the same thing, that after every sale / purchase was finished i'd greatly appreciate positive feedback to be added, where i would then provide it myself, etc.

It’s hard to leave negative feedback after someone wronged you then “made it right” if you fear being hit with negative feedback yourself since all feedback is sticky.

I get that, and i didn't specifically mean negative feedback, though in my experience more often than not positive feedback doesn't get added after a successful transaction. But for the dispute this thread was started for, i think some sort of general heads up is in order. Or at least have something done now that it's apparently a recurring situation.

It’s hard to leave negative feedback after someone wronged you then “made it right” if you fear being hit with negative feedback yourself since all feedback is sticky.
This 100%, the rule states on this site (i believe) that if I leave negative feedback for very bad service then the provider then can give me Negative feedback in response. The site says that both parties need to agree to have negative removed.

If we simply stood by and let bad service punish members (by leaving negative feedback) then we can't really ever leave Negative.

I can count a few time I wanted myself to leave Negative but I didn't in fear of getting one slap on me.

This 100%, the rule states on this site (i believe) that if I leave negative feedback for very bad service then the provider then can give me Negative feedback in response. The site says that both parties need to agree to have negative removed.

If we simply stood by and let bad service punish members (by leaving negative feedback) then we can't really ever leave Negative.

I can count a few time I wanted myself to leave Negative but I didn't in fear of getting one slap on me.

I agree with this, but i never said anything about handing out negative feedback for what's happened here, only that something should be done, because apparently this is something that's happened before.

Not to mention Teichou was apparently? able to make contact with him to get an update on his situation, and if he was able to do that, why wasn't TheRMTAdvantage able to take literally 2 minutes to PM those whom he was providing a paid service to, one in which he had already been paid to do but hadn't yet finished.

I agree with this, but i never said anything about handing out negative feedback for what's happened here, only that something should be done, because apparently this is something that's happened before.

Not to mention Teichou was apparently? able to make contact with him to get an update on his situation, and if he was able to do that, why wasn't TheRMTAdvantage able to take literally 2 minutes to PM those whom he was providing a paid service to, one in which he had already been paid to do but hadn't yet finished.

I did not get in contact with I just got word that some thing happen...but like I said as time has gone on...I am no longer asking for anyone to give him....he has had his time...its time for action on all parts.

if they give you negtive feedback because you left them bad feedback I will remove it. I need to see a reason for the feedback to be negtive ...not "they where annoying."

I don't usually chime in on disputes or anything, just like to lurk, but I've always wondered if it would be more beneficial to have some sort of review system for negative feedback. Say, for example, if a negative review is placed it is then mod reviewed before going through that way you can prevent feedback derived purely from spite (like hitting someone with a neg because they neg'd you). Issue being, this would stack up to a lot of work for our mods (on occasion) that may or may not be worth it to veritable volunteers.

Just spitballing, but may be a good idea to put in place some form of feedback review system so folks don't seem so threatened to be honest with their experiences.

Hope everything goes well and both RMT and those impacted get a happy ending. :)

I don't usually chime in on disputes or anything, just like to lurk, but I've always wondered if it would be more beneficial to have some sort of review system for negative feedback. Say, for example, if a negative review is placed it is then mod reviewed before going through that way you can prevent feedback derived purely from spite (like hitting someone with a neg because they neg'd you). Issue being, this would stack up to a lot of work for our mods (on occasion) that may or may not be worth it to veritable volunteers.

Just spitballing, but may be a good idea to put in place some form of feedback review system so folks don't seem so threatened to be honest with their experiences.

Hope everything goes well and both RMT and those impacted get a happy ending. :)

if you are left what you think is BS neg reviews just report it...and I will look it at....

if you are left what you think is BS neg reviews just report it...and I will look it at....

I wasn't referring to MY particular instance, but definitely good to keep in mind that y'all will review what's believed to be inaccurate/spiteful feedback, I am pretty sure I already knew this but a combination of too much partying in college and getting old tends to eat away at my memory.

@IpkonfigCMD I still have not heard from @TheRMTAdvantage at this point I am not sure what you want to do. He has not been on since the 30th of may. I will see if I can dig up anymore contact info on him. If you want to go ahead and try to get the money back I think that is fair now...You have gave me lots of time.
Okay thank you. I will start the process tomorrow.

if they give you negtive feedback because you left them bad feedback I will remove it. I need to see a reason for the feedback to be negtive ...not "they where annoying."
Good, clarification on that rule was needed. Good to know a seller or buyer is protected from bad service.

Same. And now others get repercussions because they have no warning.

Yes both parties need to agree to remove negative feedback if it's true... But if someone leaves negative feedback for no good reason... Like I'm leaving negative feedback because you left me negative feedback back.. That is not ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back