• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report Possible scammer (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
sbirchfield
When did the issue occur?
7/1/2021
Value of property in dispute
$280
sbirchfield offered what I believed was $280 and then did a switcheroo edit after I agree to it, down to $200. Sent $200 on paypal and then I got confused and now I'm thinking..... was it $200 the entire time? Regardless of that though, I had a swift knee jerk reaction and looked at their history and saw it plagued with conflict. That was a red flag. REFUND via paypal immediately. Cancelled the email change to their email immediately. The MOMENT after they responded to me again in ECT. Bam, password reset email. He kept trying to password reset after a 2 additional times after I answered them about why the refund was done, and after they responded back.

Shitty situation about the $280 vs $200 notion of who was right or wrong. But the fact is they tried to password reset to steal/scam the account after we already resolved them getting a refund. Not entirely sure if that falls within the rules here of a "scam" but this type of behavior just screams scammer. sbirchfield thought they could steal my account, so they tried. Which means the moment they think they can get away with something, they will attempt it at any given point in time.

well I can clearly see where he offered you $200 in the PM and not $280. and I dont see "plagued with conflict" anywhere near this till you just shot him a refund after you made a mistake.

His message history had some issues from someone trying to sell krono. The guy he bought krono from was banned. I'm not sure exactly what happened since there was no PM history visible to us. This sent me a red flag since the banned guy was saying he was scammed by sbirchfield. TLDR: The only visible messages on forum posts were posts in regards to conflict.

Regardless of that thought again, he tried to steal my account after the refund was issued. I sent Redbot screenshots in discord. Also sbirchfield was also very chatty up until the moment I called him out in our PMs. He hasn't said a word since.

So, wait.. He gave you 200 (after you said he edited 280 to 200). You gave him the account login "name" and not password? - Then refunded the 200 noticing the price error of it?

How is he trying to password change without the "Login name"

So, wait.. He gave you 200 (after you said he edited 280 to 200). You gave him the account login "name" and not password? - Then refunded the 200 noticing the price error of it?

How is he trying to password change without the "Login name"

He did not edit it... I can see it all

Ah ok so it wasn't edited. Thanks for the info. Also no Sturm2k, after I told him I was going to refund the account, after the fact. Then he started to try and reset the password after the refund happened. Multiple times. I didn't give him the account login name or password. I was trying to change the email of the account which let him see the login name via his email. I cancelled it once I gave him a refund.

Ah ok so it wasn't edited. Thanks for the info. Also no Sturm2k, after I told him I was going to refund the account, after the fact. Then he started to try and reset the password after the refund happened. Multiple times. I didn't give him the account login name or password. I was trying to change the email of the account which let him see the login name via his email. I cancelled it once I gave him a refund.
Honestly the whole thing just looks weird for both of you.

It is sketchy what he did not going to lie then but keep in mind when I get refunds via paypal I don't always get the email. A lot of times end up in my spam folder.

Also, you backing out of a deal also is sketchy too.

Eh... today is a weird day.

I sent him a screenshot of the refund to show him Paypal can sometimes be dumb with stuff. Yeah, I get it being weird for both of us. I tried to DM an admin in discord the moment it happened and still haven't gotten a response. I was trying to verify if there was an inbox edit or not, there was no response though. That and sbirchfield didn't respond to any PM in ECT. So I made a forum post.

I sent him a screenshot of the refund to show him Paypal can sometimes be dumb with stuff. Yeah, I get it being weird for both of us. I tried to DM an admin in discord the moment it happened and still haven't gotten a response. I was trying to verify if there was an inbox edit or not, there was no response though. That and sbirchfield didn't respond to any PM in ECT. So I made a forum post.

what admin? because I never got a message on discord and I am the big admin around here....

sbirchfield is at no fault here if you ask me....Twhics just did not read what was sent right...maybe did not have his glasses on? lol waiting for paypal to do its thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back