• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

P99_Plat informed GMs of his buyers and their RG usernames (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyboy

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Account banned tonight for small amount plat buying. Apparently from screenshots my friend sent me, he informed the GMs of everyone he's had transactions with including their RedGuides username.
Username: P99_plat
Email: [email protected]

Attachments

• ban.png
    ban.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 9,152
I almost purchased from that guy. Good thing my spidey senses went off. However, I think the people this guy sold plat to was in my guild. He caused the GMs to look at every guilded members history causing a lot of bans.

I still find comical that these guys stole copy write material used it for there personal gains, pleasure financial or otherwise and yet they ban folks for rmt transactions and other shady shit. and I don't care if they are donations they are not a religion or charitable organization they fall under same rules as a for profit company.

Completely untrue. P99 staff are actively stinging these redguide forums. They were able to get the information of who I sold to via my account here on redguides through feedback and messages. I would be more worried about the P99 staff lurking these forums 24/7 trying to bust anyone and everyone they can. They are even making accounts and getting feedback on them so they can bust people easier.

Sorry guys but this isn't my fault. I understand that my account here is finished and my days of even playing P99 are done for, I can't believe the disgusting measures P99 staff are taking to bust RMT'ers.

I still find comical that these guys stole copy write material used it for there personal gains, pleasure financial or otherwise and yet they ban folks for rmt transactions and other shady shit. and I don't care if they are donations they are not a religion or charitable organization they fall under same rules as a for profit company.

Rogean takes in a pretty significant amount of hush money each year keeping certain RMTers safe and burning other ones. He has it wired pretty well.

Rogean takes in a pretty significant amount of hush money each year keeping certain RMTers safe and burning other ones. He has it wired pretty well.

This would not surprise me in the least. I use to think the p99 staff were good peoples, but now I really don't think that is the case.

Completely untrue. P99 staff are actively stinging these redguide forums. They were able to get the information of who I sold to via my account here on redguides through feedback and messages. I would be more worried about the P99 staff lurking these forums 24/7 trying to bust anyone and everyone they can. They are even making accounts and getting feedback on them so they can bust people easier.

Sorry guys but this isn't my fault. I understand that my account here is finished and my days of even playing P99 are done for, I can't believe the disgusting measures P99 staff are taking to bust RMT'ers.

Play dumb all you want. There is absolutely no way they would have linked my forum account to the toons I had you deliver them to (only revealed in PayPal message) if you it wasn't otherwise given to them by you. You got caught because you went overboard selling and like a little bitch you gave up who you sold to thinking that would somehow help you keep your account (my guess of course).

EZ work around. Make a new account, start a new toon, put your plat on that toon, then sell access to that account for the buyer to trade to themselves.

EZ work around. Make a new account, start a new toon, put your plat on that toon, then sell access to that account for the buyer to trade to themselves.

The account for the buyer to trade would be flagged, then the buyers account would be flagged once he transferred. Unless he found someone dumb enough to transfer a large amount of plat without logs in.

Items are the way to go.I know a lot of people that have been banned for buying plat, I've bought a few fungi tunics to sell and have had 0 issues so far.

Always make a new account to do RMT. Preferably while using a VPN. Don't make it easy for them to catch you and they wont make the effort, because they are lazy neckbeards profiteering on a product they didn't create. I have regrettably donated to p99 in good faith. They have no concern for fixing in game issues, they invest most of their time trying to bust people cutting into their profit margins. Wouldn't want to be forced into needing a day job again right Rogean?

Let's be clear. I bought items (only) from platlord and exchanged them via ground drop on a mule account that I accessed only from a VPN. I then exchanged those items -again-, via ground drop, to my actual account.

They still found me. I think it's a waste of time and effort, but there's not much to be done about it. I do not think there is any safe way to RMT on p99, unless perhaps it involves bribing the moderators.

Same, lost my account because of Platlord as well. All ground drops. Braknar even said "You bought a Hardened Clay Bracelet from P99_plat on >>insert date here<<, anything to say before I ban you?" He didn't bring up anything from any other buyer.

Thank goodness I do not play on this server. Heard way to many horror stories about the peeps that run it. Would never consider this server. Had a few friends that were talking about it. Let then know about the dumpster fire of GMs there.

There's no way he'd know redguides usernames otherwise.

If anyone can provide me p99 gm ips that lead to a positive, I'll pay.

We will democratize rmt on p99. There is no other option.

This ^

Just stay out of the P99 server. Its about to die anyway. Screw those guys. How to win in life and the human mind completely eludes those code-frenzy idiots.

Just stay out of the P99 server. Its about to die anyway. Screw those guys. How to win in life and the human mind completely eludes those code-frenzy idiots.

+1

Don't bother with RMT on p99, they are dodgy as.... go TLP servers, its exactly the same without all the neckbeard bs

I believe this 100% or its all the GMs are the major RMTers then ban everyone 2 months later so they can sell more.

The account for the buyer to trade would be flagged, then the buyers account would be flagged once he transferred. Unless he found someone dumb enough to transfer a large amount of plat without logs in.

Items are the way to go.I know a lot of people that have been banned for buying plat, I've bought a few fungi tunics to sell and have had 0 issues so far.

I sold over 5 million+ plat to many different people on P99 for over a year or so and never got banned. And as far as I know, no one ever got banned for buying from me either. At least no one ever complained afterwards and I had many return customers over a period of time. No issues ever. Once my stuff was all liquidated I quit for a bit, came back and bought a Fungi from p99sales.... Bam, banned approximately 1 week later. Go figure.

a good while ago (when amelinda was still around, 2012?) i did a short stint on 99red. whole box was swampland. i RMTed and bailed.

tl;dr p1999 is crap-garbage. you're better off firing up a UO emu server if you want an oldie but goodie. i think even UOForever is less of a mess and that is really saying something.

Some good info in the GM chats that was leaked.

Braknar really has a hard-on for looking thru redguides and PM'ing sellers. Once he has a skype username, he obtains an IP and matches that to in-game IP address. They can also access PC Name and Logged In username. He linked many threads, including Fungi sales, account sales, PLing services etc.

[9/5/2015 10:27:53 PM] Braknar: It was right under our noses! All along!
[9/5/2015 10:28:01 PM] Braknar: So, tonight my mission
[9/5/2015 10:28:06 PM] Braknar: Is to catch this fucker: http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/34638-Fungi-Tunic
[9/5/2015 10:28:15 PM] Braknar: He bragged in the other thread how hes sold fungis and not been caught
[9/5/2015 10:28:41 PM] Braknar: but now I have a time frame to look for fungis moving, prolly still be a lot
[9/5/2015 10:28:45 PM] Braknar: But I bet I can find him

[9/9/2015 12:58:02 PM] Haynar: Too freakin funny
[9/9/2015 12:58:09 PM] Braknar: Well did you see this? From a RG thread
[9/9/2015 12:58:11 PM | Edited 12:58:31 PM] Braknar: “Lets be clear. I bought items (only) from platlord and exchanged them via ground drop on a mule account that I accessed only from a VPN. I then exchanged those items -again-, via ground drop, to my actual account. They still found me. I think its a waste of time and effort, but theres not much to be done about it. I do not think there is any safe way to RMT on p99, unless perhaps it involves bribing the moderators.”
[9/9/2015 12:59:01 PM] Haynar: They dont think stuff can be tracked? Ever heard of logging stuff? Lol
[9/9/2015 12:59:17 PM] Braknar: Platlord tells people that drops aren’t tracked
[9/9/2015 12:59:25 PM] Braknar: I think
[9/9/2015 12:59:34 PM] Haynar: Let him keep telling them that
[9/9/2015 12:59:42 PM] Braknar: Hah yup
[9/9/2015 12:59:50 PM] Braknar: Good times

How has it not clicked at all to the lot of you P99ers that you are beyond the point of indifference between that EMU and playing somewhere else with this kind of treatment? These guys (GMs) are seriously harassing you. GTFO of p99!!!

Wait, so I can pay Rogean? Sign me up if that keeps me from getting banned.

- - - Updated - - -

How has it not clicked at all to the lot of you P99ers that you are beyond the point of indifference between that EMU and playing somewhere else with this kind of treatment? These guys (GMs) are seriously harassing you. GTFO of p99!!!

Eh - their server, their rules. It's not harassment really if you've been around the EqEmu scene for a long time and have seen the extent of-which MQ'rs have damaged other servers. While I myself prefer to use minimal 'enhancements' here and there, I prefer to play mostly legitimately due to it taking away from the experience. If everyone was cheating off their ass, it would suck pretty bad. People often take things to far, to the point of ruining game-play for others. If we could just god-mode through the game, why play at all? I prefer a balance and if you're caught, well.. It's your fault.

If you're a seller, don't get on skype with anyone just send messages here.

GMs are going to trick you onto skype, get your IP then ban you and every single customer you've ever had.

Or you could just hide your IP from people who aren't on your contacts list...

http://m.wikihow.com/Find-the-IP-Address-of-a-Skype-User

Not hard for them to get your ip once u go online in skype. Use best practices and pm deals here with reputable sellers. I'm sure people are going to come back with use a vpn. I get it truly do. Some people dont. Why everyone doesn't cover their Internet tracks with secure VPNS I will never understand

http://m.wikihow.com/Find-the-IP-Address-of-a-Skype-User

Not hard for them to get your ip once u go online in skype. Use best practices and pm deals here with reputable sellers. I'm sure people are going to come back with use a vpn. I get it truly do. Some people dont. Why everyone doesn't cover their Internet tracks with secure VPNS I will never understand

Which is exactly why I said

Or you could just hide your IP from people who aren't on your contacts list...

Untitled.jpg

But I suppose going through a program and setting up a basic config is far too difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

So for us newbies explain vpn, and which you recommend using?

None. They aren't needed except for the ultra paranoid type or if you torrent a lot (but you can get a seedbox for less than or equal to the cost of a VPS with no setup required.)

Then you're fine.

And, lol. I just tried one of those 'skype IP finder' websites and got 5 different IPs, none of which were mine. I'm guessing Skype fixed that security hole.

All popular private servers take a cut from somewhere, when I used to GM on WoWemus we would get a cut based on the "donation shop" when people would buy some T6 maybe 10% of that went to server related costs, there were some devs that made over $4000 a month tax-free this way.

P99 obviously can't run a donation shop because they don't have the benefit of being hosted in the Netherlands or Russia where corporate law doesn't apply (like 99% of WoW emus) and would be prone to get a lawsuit so you have to create a system where you can get that cash flow from gamers without it being so overt. The easiest way would just create a donation for general upkeep and control the RMT flow then launder that money into the general donation fund.

P99 might get $12,000 in donations a year that are "pure" donations that go to Rogean Technologies, but they get over six-figures when you account for illicit donations when they receive payoffs from RMT kingpins; the reason Derubael got crucified is because he stole around $30,000 in RMT dollars by using his GM powers and access to the database to undercut the flow of money into the server, it took awhile for him to get caught but that was because Rogean needed a couple more fungis and went diving into a dozen banned accounts and found they were already stripped.

The cycle is kind of cyclical if you think about it, user buys a fungi from Platlord, Rogean then bans the user for RMT, Rogean then goes into the banned users account pulls the fungi and sells it back to Platlord for around $50 to which Platlord re-sells for $175; Rogean then looks the other way until supply drops or demand rises and hands out bans; rinse and repeat.

Platlord has probably sold the same fungi tunic over a hundred times, and Rogean doesn't care because Rogean gets a cut out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

People like to pretend the GM's are saints, and that they are incorruptible when it comes to taking money; but most of the staff are average lower middle-class dudes, help desk techs, network techs, they don't make a whole lot of money and would jump at the chance of padding their yearly earnings with an additional $50,000... I mean who wouldn't?

But as I've said with my many years of working with WoW emu servers, I have yet to meet people that never took a cut from the server once it had a good-sized population where it could self fund, and these aren't "bad" people, just average people who found a way to make money off a player base willing to spend money, but the only thing imo that makes them immoral is when they lie about, deceive people, and pretend they are squeaky clean as that tends to make people do questionable things to maintain an appearance.

Remember though, there is no "secret" method for these people to track you, they have a .DLL that peers in your processes for MQ2 of course, but the only reason they find out about you getting 10K from RMT is because they know who the RMTers are and let them continue to operate. There are probably millions of trade transactions on P99 every month with a lot of them being over 5K in value it would be near impossible to differentiate between someone handing a friend an item, an RMT trade, a "hold this for me" trade...

You get caught because you dealt with an insider, and the staff decided to ban you for resale value.

You mean Peon99? I was banned and I didn't even RMT, just interviewed a guy who probably exposed their dirty secrets. F that server and it's nazi rule.

I guess it is a good thing I use skype on my phone, then my rmt trade guy is on my laptop on a different service provider, then my game account is on another ip with my main provider, and as of today I have yet to be caught...
Lots of high dollar trades, and nothing yet... lucky I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back