• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious Need Help with Account that I bought but never got full info (1 Viewer)

I bought this character and the seller had told me they would help me set a new email and password for the account so I could take it over. I payed, they delivered the account details (so I do have access to the character and account currently) but once I asked them for help in changing the email/pw they ghosted and I've been trying to contact them for the last 2 weeks but haven't heard anything back at all. Still waiting to hear from the seller

Thank you for your response and I appreciate the insight. As I'm relatively new here it's good to have this experience to learn the site better and of course $100 is not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things. My biggest concern is that the seller did say they could provide me access and ownership to the original email address (which I have not received) which would at least grant access and ownership of the account in some way. And I'm not really saying I'm getting scammed either, I think that's a little bit of an assumption and stretch. I'm actually here to see if this can be resolved with the seller because I like the account and I'd like to keep it pending they can deliver what I actually paid for, which in this case is the original email that clearly states will come with the purchase.

So again I do really appreciate your insight and opinion, and I'm new to the site so it's a good learning experience but I wouldn't say I went into this blindly and am only asking for what was promised per the ad itself.

Yes I definitely will be more careful in the future but it also states for refunds if anything is not stated as above, they would provide a full refund so I also took that into consideration expecting this person to be legit

It is not too uncommon for traders who misrepresent their accounts and ghost, unfortunately this usually leads to and their family members receiving angry messages from upset traders who have been scammed/duped. Their I.D. / Address / All contacts including Family phone numbers and addresses / Facebooks / Paypal intervene on their account for fraud if applicable and assailed typically results in a lifetime ban here and or on paypal.

98% of traders that decide to go rogue do not understand the implications of these particular actions previous to making the move. I have been working in the business long enough to see what comes of these "misrepresented accounts" -

90% of the time the result: Finding out the repercussions are more serious and life long, usually resulting in claims that it was a miss click or "My wife did it" or my cat jumped on my keyboard.

play piano GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

Which as you can tell is technically possible

Over 100.00, seems like a bad trade imo 🥴
My life advice: Refund to n8torious

Last edited:
I gave Mr. Barnett a call at (980) 565-7775‬ but no answer. It's been over a week and clear he's reneging on his own refund terms, so we'll see him off the site.

If you need further details for small claims court, please PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back