1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. IS THIS SITE UGLY? Use the options at the very bottom-left of this page to make it pretty. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Poll How should EC Tunnel handle 3rd party site trades?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Redbot, Sep 6, 2019.

?

How should EC Tunnel handle 3rd party site trades?

1. Don't allow linking of 3rd party sites. (dealers can use the conversation system here, however)

2. Don't support them. If users trade on a 3rd party site, they're on their own.

3. Keep attempting to provide support and risk Coinstop's sanity.

4. where is teh paladin guild?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Redbot

Redbot Administrator
    Staff Member Premium

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

When a trade originates at EC Tunnel, but is then carried out on a 3rd party site (ogedge, mogs, etc.), how should we handle it?

#1 Redbot, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. Coinstop

Coinstop Administrator
    Staff Member Premium

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Things to consider:

Pro's :

- Its easier for a private sales site owner to conduct their business in one place.

Con's :

- Redirects traffic away from the community
    - Admins can not offer support for transactions not made on ECT
    - Gives private sellers an advantage on sales over Average Joe
    - Most private sellers with websites aren't actually doing the service (they hire 3rd party boosters to do the service)

This list will grow as the community discusses the pros and cons and their opinion of allowing 3rd party websites to operate here on ECT.

*Disclaimer* We wont ever refuse private site owners from using our site, this is simply a conversation about allowing them to redirect buyers they find on ECT directly to their private site instead of continuing their transaction here on ECT.

#2 Coinstop, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  3. Sicprofundus

Sicprofundus Member
    Premium

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Seems like it would be very difficult to provide support to folks for things that happen about EC's sphere of influence and could lead to frustrating user and administrative experiences.

If a seller finds value in getting customers / marketplace here - they should use this marketplace and the safeguards and customer protections that come with it.

Coinstop likes this.
  4. Coinstop

Coinstop Administrator
    Staff Member Premium

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Couldn't possibly agree more.

5. Tonytaz

Tonytaz Well-Known Member
    Verified Premium

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

I had this whole long thing typed out, but I am going to shorten it up.
    Links should only be allowed from admin approved websites from the major sellers we all know who they are.
    If someone gets re-directed to a different website and purchases an item from that website how does someone even think they can get support from ectunnel as logs can be manipulated on the 3rd party site. This is something you take up with the website you did business with not ECtunnel support staff.
    [​IMG]

- Stay safe my friends.

hellfyre and Coinstop like this.
  6. MulletMan

MulletMan Time Traveling Troll
    Premium

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

You have this website. You offer services on this website. If user uses the services on this website they come with certain perks. If the user uses someone elses website, that is not this website, and is out of scope. Checking with the traffic generated by these sellers, you may or may not wish to limit or remove their billboards. You can put up a redirect page that states they are leaving ECTunnel and your services are not applicable/can no longer aid in transactions.

Redbot likes this.
  7. morisato

morisato New Member
    Premium

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Charge them for Advertising p:0 and do not support them on Ec tunnel.

8. tslsmok

tslsmok Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Transactions that start here,, should stay here safer for buyer and seller, HOWEVER let the buyer/seller reference there feedback and contacts through other sites imo

9. eVILE

eVILE Well-Known Member
    Verified Premium

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

I don’t see anything wrong with third party sites, as long as they have paid memberships. That way ECT gets something. Personally, I wouldn’t hold ECT responsible for anything that happened on another site. Also, as long as everyone has receipts, I don’t see where it would be an issue anyways.

I don’t expect mods here to resolve issues, though I could see them banning either a buyer or seller if the other party had proof.

To me it is like the people who buy from someone with no feedback selling a maxed out toon for half the going rate of a naked one. If you believe it and buy it, well, that is on you. Don’t expect ECT to do more than ban the person if they aren’t verified.

Some third party sites are 100% on the up and up. They are professional and you can tell. Some are like that person I said before, no feedback and offering something too good to be true.

10. Dracco

Dracco Well-Known Member
    Verified Premium

Rating - 100%
    241   0   0

5 words.... where is teh Paladin guild. Nuff said.

Coinstop likes this.
  11. hustlin123

hustlin123 Smarter than DBG
    Verified Premium

Rating - 100%
    347   0   0

Everything should go through coinstop, everything! Leave no unturned stones! If you have the slightest bit of concern, deff message coinstop. He has nothing to do.

12. Coinstop

Coinstop Administrator
    Staff Member Premium

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

[​IMG]