• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Mischief False info provided on Acct purchase (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
EQfamilydude
When did the issue occur?
8/20/2022
Link to transaction thread
no longer available
Value of property in dispute
$400
Purchase a 70 warrior yesterday from @EQfamilydude

Account was advertised as "will give access to original e-mail" and no SQA set.

With that advertisement and he only sent me username and pw, I assumed the pw matched the e-mail and there was no SQA. Logged into the account to check, and there is an SQA and the email pw does not match the account so I do not have access to that either.
I have sent a message to the seller but he has no been online since the purchase was completed.

Was going to wait a little bit longer, but I would rather get the ball rolling on this ASAP. Thanks

Attached is a picture of the ad. Luckily I always take screenshots of ads until I take full delivery.

Attachments

• F1CD8DC7-024E-4802-8072-31C0CD634772.png
    F1CD8DC7-024E-4802-8072-31C0CD634772.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Inaccurate description
buyers remoorse.PNG

I believe you are just trying to get a refund because you think you made an unnecessary purchase. I have been working with you friend.. Not scam

That is true, but it doesn't change the fact that the account has an SQA and you are unwilling to provide the original e-mail AS ADVERTISED. I actually was going to just re-sell it even if it meant a partial loss (I HAD a potential buyer, can attach convo if necessary) ... but well when it came to confirming the details which i do before EVERY sale.... it had a set SQA and the e-mail is inaccessible....

If the seller selected option "will supply email access" via the original post, this implies email access will be granted to the buyer. If you cannot fulfill this obligation, this falls under false advertisement.

A full refund is warranted if perused by the buyer. That is if he does not want extra reparations for his loss in perusing a potential buyer.
Best case scenario for Familydude, full refund and an apology if the above statements are correct.

Next.

Last edited:
Why Luvins may or may not want the account is irrelevant. Your add states you will supply the email. If you cannot do so, you are obligated to commit to a full refund at the buyers discretion.
im more concerned with the SQA being set when it states there is no SQA and he claims to not recall the SQA being set on such a fresh account. There are lots of red flags there.

I've done several deals with Luvins and he's nothing short of polite and professional. Regardless of whether he regretted making the purchase, the item was not as described and you are unable to provide information that was a part of your listing.

@EQfamilydude

The user hasn't secured the account, and cannot do so without additional help from you.

I'm aware that you've offered to provide this help, and the buyer has refused your offers. I think their reasoning about the SQA is valid, even if it wasn't their initial reaction.

Can you refund the user, provided they haven't removed anything from your account?

@EQfamilydude

The user hasn't secured the account, and cannot do so without additional help from you.

I'm aware that you've offered to provide this help, and the buyer has refused your offers. I think their reasoning about the SQA is valid, even if it wasn't their initial reaction.

Can you refund the user, provided they haven't removed anything from your account?
To be as transparent as possible the character is not 100% as received because of the paranoia of being potentially scammed, but I will gladly ensure everything is back to where it was as found if he agrees to a refund.

Thanks,

So since this is looking like I’m getting scammed. I’ve decided to relocate everything off the warrior in the instance he may decide to change the PW on me since I do not have the SQA. It is only being stored off site. I still stand where I will make sure everything is put back right where it was if things turn out favorably.

you wont be able to get a refund or anything if you accessed the account and removed things off it
So since this is looking like I’m getting scammed. I’ve decided to relocate everything off the warrior in the instance he may decide to change the PW on me since I do not have the SQA. It is only being stored off site. I still stand where I will make sure everything is put back right where it was if things turn out favorably.
I assume you have a before/after photo? that shows the gear prior to the move?

Trying to mitigate his damages is a good idea, but at the same time, very risky. I’m with Luvins and agree that the account was not delivered as advertised. However, now it’s going to be a ”he said she said” deal unless proper evidence was taken prior to moving the items and then evidence that everything was returned as is (if a refund is offered).

The advantage of Mischief is that everything is tradeable. Still leaves alot of room for issues, but if getting scammed no harm in mitigating losses.
I know on my end if I fuck up and mislist (has happened, honest mistakes do happen) I generally ask the buyer what they want to do. Something like SQ/A is something I would be offering a refund on (if posting didnt mention it).

Figured this would have a bow on it by now...

Yes, a $400 account (especially) should be 110% accurate when it comes to the correct info posted in the ad. No matter what reasons he gave prior, inaccurate information provided almost entirely guarantees a full refund.

This has happened to me as well in the past, luckily on cheap-o old accounts; for these $40 - $50 accounts when it did happen, usually refunding enough to purchase a Krono was considered fair enough. (Well, given they shouldn't have to worry about this account, since you sold it to them)

Since you have all of the valuables though, I definitely wouldn't do that charge-back quite yet until a response is given. (In a reasonable time period)

Trying to mitigate his damages is a good idea, but at the same time, very risky. I’m with Luvins and agree that the account was not delivered as advertised. However, now it’s going to be a ”he said she said” deal unless proper evidence was taken prior to moving the items and then evidence that everything was returned as is (if a refund is offered).
In our original convo of the sale he sent me pictures of the gear including questions I had so proving his gear is as delivered won’t be difficult.

Figured this would have a bow on it by now...

Yes, a $400 account (especially) should be 110% accurate when it comes to the correct info posted in the ad. No matter what reasons he gave prior, inaccurate information provided almost entirely guarantees a full refund.

This has happened to me as well in the past, luckily on cheap-o old accounts; for these $40 - $50 accounts when it did happen, usually refunding enough to purchase a Krono was considered fair enough. (Well, given they shouldn't have to worry about this account, since you sold it to them)

Since you have all of the valuables though, I definitely wouldn't do that charge-back quite yet until a response is given. (In a reasonable time period)
Then I ask, what is considered a reasonable time period? Lol

@FreEQ2Play @Diamond Krono @bractos45 @Xuande so it’s safe to say I’ve been officially scammed. But I just wanted to to say thank you guys for the support regardless of the outcome. Luckily I’m more than financially stable for $400 to not really hurt me, but it’s still enough to make me a lot more strict about how I go about my transactions. Hopefully nothing like this has to happen to anybody else. Thanks everybody.

Sucks to see that happen to you man.

You still have possession of everything on the account correct? It’s just very weird this guys not trying to come to a resolution when technically you’re holding all of the cards. Are you going to attempt to get your money back by speaking with your bank? Either way, you handled this extremely professional. Glad you understand the risks involved at least.

Hope it all works out though! Cheers man!!

Sucks to see that happen to you man.

You still have possession of everything on the account correct? It’s just very weird this guys not trying to come to a resolution when technically you’re holding all of the cards. Are you going to attempt to get your money back by speaking with your bank? Either way, you handled this extremely professional. Glad you understand the risks involved at least.

Hope it all works out though! Cheers man!!
I do plan on trying, and I do have everything still. In whichI will give everything back still if I get my money back regardless of him getting back in contact with me or not. Not getting my hopes up though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back