• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Tech Request EverQuest computers (1 Viewer)

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.3%
41   3   1
I'd like to expand this website to include a section for computer sales. The typical entry-level gaming PC will skimp on RAM and focus on GPU, and that's not ideal for EverQuest, especially when factoring in different styles of play.

I believe there are three types of computers for EverQuest:

1) Truebox alt. (very low requirements)
2) Multibox. (high RAM requirements)
3) Emu server. (workstations / servers)

I imagine these needs can be fulfilled by sellers in two ways:

1) Expert advice / build guides. You tell people what to build, how to build it, and give them links to parts. I'll allow affiliate links so you can profit from your expertise.
2) Computer sales & support. You build the computers and ship them directly to users, or drop-ship. You also offer support for X months and help folks with common issues.

There will be plenty of room for folks to offload old rigs, but I'd like to start with dedicated sellers. If anyone has ideas or concerns, reply here. If you're interested in being a day 1 seller / poster, PM me.

Last edited:
I would suggest only letting Verified members access to any computer for sale area, too many people may look for a fast buck at the expense of the members
The upside to physical good sales is that payment processors have more buyer and seller protections than virtual goods.

That said, there doesn't seem to be much interest! Perhaps I'll kick it off as the first seller.

This would be cool. I just built a 2nd PC the other day for a friend to start on p99 and i had a really fun time - it had been so long i forgot how fun it was to put together.

One additional piece maybe, setting up and installing required software that some people struggle with. Get the whole box ready to go with some easy to follow documentation.

If anyone is interested in a seamless 5-box (main PC + 4 "EQ" PCs) You can message me and I can go over the rough cost and and the required setup for this and help provide some EQ related configuration guidance. Obviously this wouldn't be free as it requires a decent amount of knowledge/effort

If anyone is interested in a seamless 5-box (main PC + 4 "EQ" PCs) You can message me and I can go over the rough cost and and the required setup for this and help provide some EQ related configuration guidance. Obviously this wouldn't be free as it requires a decent amount of knowledge/effort
I assume this is a design for truebox servers?

Hey hey all, I think I started this with a post I put up quite a while ago about trading computers for Krono. So, let me start out by saying thank you for your input Redbot on that thread. For everyone else to have the exact same information I thought I would put it here. I own a brick and mortar Managed Services IT company . We have 5 employees plus myself and serve just under 900 businesses in our local region. The reason this is important is some of those are game shops etc that have machines running for different gaming rigs to play in the stores. As they outgrow their gaming rigs we allow them to trade machines in so we have them in stock to resell for a more affordable solutions for end users. Here are some examples of what we have sold in the past 30 days. I can provide references for purchases, our company website, phone number etc. Of course, we can resell new product if that is in your budget and often we are much more affordable than other online sources. I am going to date stamp this post because we know things change quickly.

In the last 30 days we have sold the following to gamers. While these are not perfect examples due to they were bought for truebox servers as extra box machines they will definitely get you a true account of what is selling.

Laptop 13", touchscreen, i5, 4gb ram, 128ssd - $169
Desktop i3, 4gb ram, 128ssd - $179
Desktop i3, 8gb ram, 128ssd - $189
Desktop i5, 4gb ram, 128ssd - $199
MSI Sword Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD IPS 144Hz Display, Intel 8-Core i7-11800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4GB, 16GB 3200MHz RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD - $999 *new*

We have monitors in stock also but can help you with ideas for the cheapest options if that is something that you need.

On a side note, we can also provide a link to free software for you to be able to run all the machines from one keyboard / mouse. It is not our product but makes multi-boxing on a truebox server much easier.

depending on a few things....what are you looking for?
I'm newer to the site so I don't think selling any hardware is going to work out well for me (at least not till I build up some rep) but I'd be willing to make a post about my setup and offer suggestions and maybe even remote support if anyone would be interested in something like that.

I'm not a hardware retailer but I do contract with several local business to provide IT services

I mean it’s easy to beat eBay if you charge your users 30% of earnings so I could see you doing it. Would be a plus if you could get a deal for shipping so it would not be just us using PayPal or going to post office for shipping. But will they do deals for shipping off potential sales or you have to wait until get sales.

There may not be ways to beat ebay when it comes to price but these days with mini PCs and USB monitors you can pay close to eBay prices and end up with a much more refined boxing experience.

I'm using 4 of these beelink mini PCs with physical kvm switches. The PCs are usually on sale and range from $130-150 each and are slightly larger than my cell phone. I've got one monitor and one wireless keyboard/mouse for each pair of PCs.

It's an extremely small footprint setup with no wires running across my desk, basically no heat output from any of the computers. I've had quite a few eBay setups over the last 15ish years but this is by far my favorite

(None of these are affiliate links)

PCs:

M/KB:

KVM:

Dual monitor mount:

If you're going to go multiple physical PCs for trueboxes you really should be using a PIP monitor + multiplicity, you can also save money and get NOT CELERON processors and get older I5s I3s - a total 6box GOOD setup can be had for ~800$ now (i assume you have a main PC /monitor so excluding those)

There may not be ways to beat ebay when it comes to price but these days with mini PCs and USB monitors you can pay close to eBay prices and end up with a much more refined boxing experience.

I'm using 4 of these beelink mini PCs with physical kvm switches. The PCs are usually on sale and range from $130-150 each and are slightly larger than my cell phone. I've got one monitor and one wireless keyboard/mouse for each pair of PCs.

It's an extremely small footprint setup with no wires running across my desk, basically no heat output from any of the computers. I've had quite a few eBay setups over the last 15ish years but this is by far my favorite

(None of these are affiliate links)

PCs:

M/KB:

KVM:

Dual monitor mount:
Why physical kvm switch’s and not kvm software like Input Director that is on 100% and can even broadcast keystrokes.

I bought my computers on eBay for like 40$ for computer 20$ for power source 25$ for 250 gig ssd 6$ for wifi adapter. They were hp elite 8300s i5 8 gigs ram most have hdmi every once in awhile you get vga. And they are ssf so take up like no space. And very cool.

Attachments

• 61D9B8F4-FC4B-4E0E-8438-8B197B2C6F1D.jpeg
    61D9B8F4-FC4B-4E0E-8438-8B197B2C6F1D.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 12
I bought my computers on eBay for like 40$ for computer 20$ for power source 25$ for 250 gig ssd 6$ for wifi adapter. They were hp elite 8300s i5 8 gigs ram most have hdmi every once in awhile you get vga. And they are ssf so take up like no space. And very cool.
And I use Input Director for Network KVM across all 6 and use key binds for Broadcasting to other computers so I don’t have to move my mouse to the other computers

Why physical kvm switch’s and not kvm software like Input Director that is on 100% and can even broadcast keystrokes.
Because physical kvms let me use one monitor per two computers. I'm playing on a truebox server and run 6-9 chars at once, normally that would mean 6-9 laptops or monitors but with my setup it's 4 screens

Yeah I just use parsec for computers with out monitors. You can set it to auto open when turn on computer and auto grant connection so technically you don’t need a hdmi at all. Then if I need to access to computer I can just set a hdmi in my main monitor that has a remote and hit input and it switches input but rarely do I ever need to do that I can run 6 computers off 3 monitors if I use parsec with only 3 computers having HDMI

Last edited:
Looking for some advice on setting up a server and making virtualized scaleable solution for TLP and running accounts via parsec. I know that VMs are generally no go for tlp.

Is there any way to reliably do this, dedicate cpu cores/video rendering power to run individual instances of everquest. My goal would be scaleability without having to buy a new mini pc every time I want to add to my team.

Any advice here would be great.

The nuts and bolts of what you're asking for are very simple, any hypervisor (Virtualbox, VMware, Hyper-V) will handle making and cloning VMs.

The secret sauce there is figuring out how to not get detected/banned by dpg and that's sadly not something I can help with

Just ordered this build for myself, pretty stoked to get it since my other pc randomly died today. I had that one for about 7 years, so was due for an upgrade anyways.
Screenshot_20231122_161150_Samsung Internet.jpg

WTS Amd Dark Hero Viii desktop. Cost plus shipping. Can lower price or add parts depending on your budget. Can install programs or help you with whatever. Can ship you alll the box’s if you like keeping them like I do. Will also give you company phone number so you can call or text if you get stuck or just wanna chat and play some games haha. Serious inquiries only please.

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back